Gaming Wii Games of the Month: April 2010

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, hey there Monster Hunter Tri. What's up?

Trauma Team was set to release on April 20th previously, but has been pushed back to May.

You can read the DS version of this thread right here

Some rules and stuff.

- No flaming. If I list a game you don't like, too bad. If I don't, too bad.
- This is mainly North American releases, sorry. I'll, on occasion, do a European or Japanese release if it's big enough and not already out in America.
- If a game is already released in English and is being released again for another region, I won't bother adding it. Like say if Super Mario Galaxy 2 was out in America in April (it won't) and it came out in May in Europe, I won't list it for May. I'll also do the same if a game was released in English (aka Europe or America) and is being released in Japan.
- I get my dates from GameFaqs, Wikipedia, and IGN, so if a date is wrong don't blame me. You can, of course, point it out and ask me to fix it if you have the right date.

Monster Hunter Tri

Developed by: Capcom Production Studio 1
Published by: Capcom
Release date: April 20th
Genre: RPG
My Hype Level: I'm still undecided on Monster Hunter
GBAtemp Hype Level: OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

Monster-Hunter-Tri_Bundle_US_ESRBboxart_160h.jpg

If there's one thing that will push millions in Japan, it's Monster Hunter. They love it over in the Rising Sun. In the rest of the world, it's not as hot, but it's still decently popular. Enough for it to have its latest iteration, Monster Hunter Tri, come over here. With a super awesome bundle. I have a PSP and tried playing the Monster Hunter games but I haven't had enough time to really formulate an opinion. Guess I'll have to try 'em soon.

Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies

Developed by: Treasure
Published by: Nintendo
Release date: April 16th (Europe)
Genre: Rail shooter
My Hype Level: This game is fucking amazing, but I already played the Japanese version
GBAtemp Hype Level: I'll assume the same

Sin-and-Punishment-Star-Successor_ESRB_USboxart_160h.jpg

First off, don't say "OH THAT'S THE WRONG TITLE FOR THE GAME" because it is the correct title, it's just the one for Europe. The US release doesn't come until June. The European release comes in April. So now Hadrian can shove his penis in your face. Also, don't say "OH THAT'S THE WRONG BOXART BECAUSE IT SAYS STAR SUCCESSOR" because I already know that, I just CBA to find a correctly sized European boxart.

Anyway, this game was fucking amazing. I gave it a 9.4/10 in my review, which I'm too lazy to dig up (find it in my links). But really, I already played the Japanese version and since the language barrier was incredibly thin, I don't see the point of playing it again. Still, it's a great game.

2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

Developed by: EA Canada
Published by: Electronic Arts
Release date: April 27th (North America), April 29th (Australia), April 30th (Europe)
Genre: Sports
My Hype Level: Not too fond of sports games
GBAtemp Hype Level: PES is better

Couldn't find any boxart, sorry.

Anyway, I did have some decent fun playing FIFA 2010 on my DS, but for the Wii the general consensus is that PES is overall superior now. Regardless, I'm not too fond of sports games, even a good game of footie. Most people will probably stick to PES.

Other titles

- Rugby League 3: 4/09 (Europe) *Already dumped*
- Ivy the Kiwi?: 4/22 (Japan)
- One Piece Unlimited Cruise: Episode 2 - Mezameru Yuusha (Minna no Susume Selection): 4/22 (Japan)
- Iron Man 2: 4/30 (Europe)

Overall Summary

A very boring month, really. We get Monster Hunter Tri as our headline and nothing else. And sorry if I cut it a bit short, I have to get ready for work soon. Anyway, Monster Hunter Tri should be fun, and there's of course an English release of Sin and Punishment 2. FIFA 10 South Africa probably won't be much to bother with, but some hardcore football fans may like it.

Next month, there's a little something called SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 hitting, as well as Trackamania Wii, the newest Prince of Persia game, Trauma Team, and Lego Harry Potter. Expect a huge blowout purely for Super Mario Galaxy 2. Oh yeah.

Have a fun April everyone!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't want anything sadly.
frown.gif

Already finished Sin & Punishment 2 and I don't care about understanding the story.

Fount all Monster Hunter games to be tediously dull and the demo did not do anything to rectified that.

FIFA...yeah PES is better, I cannot play any 3D footy game now since PES Wii.

Iron Man 2 seems to be a game that High Voltage Software are only doing so they can make some cash. Wii version looks worse than the first game.

April looks great though, shit Mario Galaxy 2 so soon?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Monster Hunter is just enough for me this month, if we had such a game every month, I would have been satisfied.
Next month is going to be crazy, SMG 2, Trackmania and PoP, that's just crazy. Too bad I hardly will have time to game then, exams are coming up and it's the World Cup football!

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
S&P 2 has been out for a long while in Japan, though it may be worth checking out in English. Monster Hunter Tri seems to be cool for those who have seen it before, but never looked like much to me, but who knows, maybe I'll check it out.

GalenTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait for Monster Hunter Tri. My Wii Speak is getting dusty since I never play Animal Crossing any more. I haven't played a MH game before, but this wone looks really fun =D

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what about Flip's Twisted World that comes out April 20th thats something i want to play it looks like a nice 3D platformer =p

Also One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2(NTSC-J) is already out this is just a gamers choice rerelease...

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter and Sin and Punishment....and red steel 2 came out today. Ef!!!! Why did my hdd have to crap out on me this week. Instead of getting these games i gotta get a hdd! lame...

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
YAAY MONSTER HUNTER TRI!!!
Can't wait to play it online with my friends!
biggrin.gif

I've got the English Demo and I've played the Japanese version and it's great.. GAH I want it nao!
(Red Steel 2 is pretty awesome btw)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
MH3 and Sin and Punishment are what I'm waiting for, can't be arsed to play those damn FIFA games, they're always the same, with some new dudes added every iteration.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lame month. A single good game? Woah.

Monster hunter tri looked interesting until I saw how incredibly bad the gameplay mechanics were done. So that ruined any chance of me trying it.

Sin and Punishment looks pretty cool. Will have to give that a download. The main characters look lame though, lol. But that's my only complaint.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't realize Sin and Punishment 2 was coming so soon! I skipped the Japanese release because I really wanted to play the European one (and I had just bought a PS3 around that time, so I was busy anyway).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8