Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Saddamsdevil said:
zeromac said:
Saddamsdevil said:
zeromac said:
Just so you guys know, it won't feature the name DS anywhere as it's NEW hardware...

Which is really for the better, since if it would feature the name DS, people will feel like this is just a gimmicked up version.

DSi I'm looking at you..
rolleyes.gif
Exactly
tongue.gif

My point is, we don't need another DS that does the same thing with 700 extra cameras on it that will only be usable in the exclusive games.

What we need is a solid new handheld console that will make people respect Nintendo as a market leader again.
Exactly!
It's new hardware so it needs a fresh NEW name

If they do use 3DS it would sound too similar to DS/DSi and then everyone would assume it's just a extension or something and not new hardware.

NEW HARDWARE WOOOO

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Saddamsdevil said:
zeromac said:
Saddamsdevil said:
zeromac said:
Just so you guys know, it won't feature the name DS anywhere as it's NEW hardware...

Which is really for the better, since if it would feature the name DS, people will feel like this is just a gimmicked up version.

DSi I'm looking at you..
rolleyes.gif
Exactly
tongue.gif

My point is, we don't need another DS that does the same thing with 700 extra cameras on it that will only be usable in the exclusive games.

What we need is a solid new handheld console that will make people respect Nintendo as a market leader again.
Exactly!
It's new hardware so it needs a fresh NEW name

If they do use 3DS it would sound too similar to DS/DSi and then everyone would assume it's just a extension or something and not new hardware.

NEW HARDWARE WOOOO

Yeah i really hope they name it something COMPLETELY new and not make it a Gimmicked DS.
But i really hope it has the ability to play NDS games which i think they revealed it can...
Cause i would love to play Pokemon Black/White on it.
And there is a huge possibility of a paper mario on it.

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dspatent.jpg

i think it will still be dual screen,by the looks of this patent..(btw this patent is for putting rumble motor on the "3ds" the # 66,i think.)

so maybe it will not be like the game boy..but the touch screen and the stylus are born perfectly together..for me that is.

i really wanna see this on E3....

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
supervenice said:
Hmm, is this real?

I see volume buttons, the normal L and R, SD slot, pretty large batteries, and from the speaker layout, this wont be a slide device as seen in some mock-ups.

Most likely will be a dual screen again in this layout, due to backwards compatibility, so sorry guys, it will still look like a DS
frown.gif

also, I had an idea for the control stick... how about a touchpad button for that? it could have as many directions as you want.

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saddamsdevil said:
supervenice said:
Hmm, is this real?

I see volume buttons, the normal L and R, SD slot, pretty large batteries, and from the speaker layout, this wont be a slide device as seen in some mock-ups.

Most likely will be a dual screen again in this layout, due to backwards compatibility, so sorry guys, it will still look like a DS
frown.gif

also, I had an idea for the control stick... how about a touchpad button for that? it could have as many directions as you want.

yeah...its on kotaku...but nintendo didn't confirm it YET...

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
IIRC - Didn't Nintendo also copyright the word 'Zii' (or something like that) some time back ???

Maybe THAT'S the name they're gonna use, although personally - I think '3d' gonna be in the name somewhere, as that's one of the major selling points

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
supervenice said:
yeah...its on kotaku...but nintendo didn't confirm it YET...
http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser...=DN/20100085693

The patent form.

According to this patent form for the vibration motor the 3DS will have;

rumble (durp)
2 screens, possibly both touch screens.
SD card
2 camera's
IT IS INDEED A HINGE DEVICE
Face detection (
frown.gif
)
46 directional pad
reset, power, volume, L, R, A, B, X, Y, start, select

Uhm, this might just be the DSi Patent, not the 3ds, and thet decided to ditch the vibrations.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn internets dragging like a dogs ass +1