Hacking Wii Hard drive iso loader in action

menkros

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I've seen it in action. When you turn it on it goes straight to a custom ipod style menu with pics of the full games. It has 20 of them from mario galaxy to mario kart all full games. All I could tell hardware wise was a white hard drive attached to wii usb drive.
here's the info:

$4,250 which includes the cost of the unit, all taxes, shipping and administration, and repair and maintenance for the life of the Fun Center
starlight_bg.jpg

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was also the Westin Hotel package that does basically the same:
QUOTE said:
The special Wii system will be updated automatically with hot new Wii games as they become available and includes features to simplify system management for the hotel property. A simple new game menu makes it easy to jump in and play without inserting game discs, and each property can manage what games are offered and how game data is stored.

With this partnership, Westin will be among the first hotel brands in the United States to receive delivery of Wii Fit.

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
menkros said:
$4,250 which includes the cost of the unit, all taxes, shipping and administration, and repair and maintenance for the life of the Fun Center

that might make it a little hard to learn its secrets.

Plus if it has a custom menu I doubt the twilight hack would work.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it has a custom menu then dump it using infectus (or whatever) and then install on normal wii's...

The big obstacle here is the price tag, plus dev's won't want to just steal some other menu, they want to create their own, so it has more funtionality that they can develop.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be fair it does come with a flat screen TV, DVD player and many wii games (aswell as the wii itself and peripherals)

And the other problem is that they aren't really for sale... you can only donate one to a hospital
happy.gif
so you'd have to be pretty devious to get your hands on one
ph34r.gif

Link_of_Hyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeh only way i see someone be able to get one is if they A. Work at a hospital or buisness that has one or B. stole it from that place. or C. they are like freakin rich as heck.

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is just a scam so that when the kids come out of the hospital they will be all like "MOMMY I WANT A WII!" and their parents will be like "Ok we should buy him a Wii he was in the hospital OMG!"

night_chrono

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
epicelite said:
It is just a scam so that when the kids come out of the hospital they will be all like "MOMMY I WANT A WII!" and their parents will be like "Ok we should buy him a Wii he was in the hospital OMG!"

not to mention the HUGE tax write off, and the good PR.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
night_chrono said:
epicelite said:

not to mention the HUGE tax write off, and the good PR.

and geriatric wii bowling.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
menkros said:
All I could tell hardware wise was a white hard drive attached to wii usb drive.
Are you sure that it was an USB-Harddrive. That would be great news, as it means, that the Wiis hardware isn't limited to USB 1.1, but is really 2.0 with the IOS slowing it down. And IOS can be patched. ^^

Meksilon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slowking said:
menkros said:
All I could tell hardware wise was a white hard drive attached to wii usb drive.
Are you sure that it was an USB-Harddrive. That would be great news, as it means, that the Wiis hardware isn't limited to USB 1.1, but is really 2.0 with the IOS slowing it down. And IOS can be patched. ^^
No, it would mean that specific Wii has a 2.0 usb drive.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless I've missed something we didn't. THough it's absolutely possible that I missed something.
biggrin.gif
Maybe you can find the source of your information? I would like to read up on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT