Hacking New ARM7.BIN fix?

Typhin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic description says, some new games coming out seem to be protected a little better this time. According to the Scorpei.com wiki, there's a new arm7.bin fix for these new games.

...However, when I went to the thread listed, and went through the whole "MaxCrass" method or whichever, the file included was byte-by-byte identical to the one I was using, and still didn't work...

Anyone have a working one they can share, or at least tell me which donor rom to rip a good one from? ^_^;;

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Typhin said:
As the topic description says, some new games coming out seem to be protected a little better this time. According to the Scorpei.com wiki, there's a new arm7.bin fix for these new games.

...However, when I went to the thread listed, and went through the whole "MaxCrass" method or whichever, the file included was byte-by-byte identical to the one I was using, and still didn't work...

Anyone have a working one they can share, or at least tell me which donor rom to rip a good one from?
happy.gif
;;
I got mine from that thread somewhere. My file is 166308 bytes and has the sfv/crc32 3cb95f4c. Also, I've tried applying this new arm7.bin to older games as well, and it seems to work fine. So until 1.1.4 comes out (sooner than you think), you might be able to use this new arm7.bin for everything, regardless. (Also, arm7fixing trims the roms, so you save a little space...)

EDIT: The arm7.bin I'm using (successfully) is in the root directory of the archive in the first link in the first post in that thread.

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Until 1.1.4 comes out? Come on, you're starting to sound like P1ngpong! You know something I don't? Do you think that the programmers that haven't logged in in almost a year are going to magicaly reappear? Feel free to speculate, it's been that way for a year now.

edit: "sooner than you think", you where being sarcastic weren't you? Yeah, I get it ...

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Does this mean the DS-Xtreme is the best card again?
huh.gif

Oh and I spotted one of the programmers yesterday, you just need to keep an eye out for them!
ph34r.gif

hiding.jpeg

Typhin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pbolmstedt said:
Virusak said:
the max crash bin file worked for me, tried it in trauma center 2
That was, strictly speaking, unnecessary. The Scorpei wiki already says that TC2 works with the MaxCrass arm7.
And my point was that my attempt failed. Thus, I was doing something wrong, and was trying to find out what. That someone got it to work is actually helpful, because it tells me that the problem is on my end.

The one I was using before came from, I think, Hoshigami (J) when the problem first appeared way back when. Its CRC32 checksum is 67131A81 (unless I'm doing something wrong again). On the MaxCrass I saw one listed as being for the CycloDS, figured I might give that one a shot. Its CRC32 was C204455E.

I went ahead and redownloaded the MaxCrass one, from the mirror, and it seems that its arm7 had a checksum of C346A0B3. Redownloaded the first link, same checksum as this one.

I'm even more convinced I was doing something wrong, apparently when I was trying to compare the files, I selected the wrong one. Especially since a quick test made the game work.

Well, I really do appreciate the replies, and I'm sorry for any confusion. Thanks very much to everyone! ^_^

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Typhin said:
pbolmstedt said:
Virusak said:
the max crash bin file worked for me, tried it in trauma center 2
That was, strictly speaking, unnecessary. The Scorpei wiki already says that TC2 works with the MaxCrass arm7.
And my point was that my attempt failed. Thus, I was doing something wrong, and was trying to find out what.
Okay, sorry for sounding rude. I edited my first post in this thread to clarify and provide more information for everyone. Now, keep updating that Wiki. The DS-X still has love to give!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
p1ngpong said:
Does this mean the DS-Xtreme is the best card again?
huh.gif

Oh and I spotted one of the programmers yesterday, you just need to keep an eye out for them!
ph34r.gif

hiding.jpeg
See p1ngpong? You make more friends from not flaming.

Typhin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@pbolmstedt: It's cool, I wasn't trying to be rude either. I'm just glad I got it to work.

On a side note, am I the only one who, every time Adel says, "Got it!" istinctively adds a "Cor Blimey!"? ^_^;;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: