MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble finding out how to write this game to my G6 Lite. I've only used my G6 Lite for playing a few GBA games, but every time I've wrote a game to it, I just check all the options on the first tab and it works... Enable Real Time and Enable Compress. As far as the ROM Patch section, I just leave it on the default of hardware+software.

Anyone ever try to write this game to their G6 Lite and get it to work? I'm really hoping someone can help me out because its the portable version of the real Super Mario Bros. 2 that is the closest to the original Famicom release.

Thanubis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.amishrakefight.org
XP
Country
United States
blank.gif

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work after reading up on the problems with the entire "Famicom Mini" series of games. There are patches for each of those games, and I just had to use the G6 Lite software to patch the rom as it wrote it to the cartridge.

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work just fine. I used Real Time Save with no compression.
Okay so I did get it to work after patching it, but for some reason the Real Time Saving is not working. Were you really able to get it to work by just writing in using the G6 Loader and writing it with Real Time Save?

If I write it like that, I just get a box that pops up when I load the game, which is all Japanese and I have no idea what it says. I can't get past that box though, and the only way I can get it to work is by using the .ips patch that I found in a post from a couple of years ago about the game.

It would be really nice to have Real Time Saving in this game because it get difficult and it would be nice to be able to come back to the game later and not have to start all over again.

Edit: And yes, I have the newest U-Disk manager and newest firmware update for the G6 Lite.

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I found the cracked rom, which doesn't have to be patched, but I still cannot get the menu to come up when I hit L+R+B+A. When you hit L+R it brings up the in-game menu, but I can't get the G6 in game menu to appear. It works with the Classic NES Series - Dr. Mario release, but Super Mario Bros 2 is a no go.

The Dr. Mario release is (U) not (J) so im not sure if it has anything to do with the Japanese Famicom Mini series. Not quite sure why it works for you though.

MillionsKnives

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well as long as it is just not me, that is good. Thanks for checking on that for me though. Ill have to look around and see if there is any way to get this to work because the game is just too hard to beat all the way through in one sitting, without warping that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to