Not open for further replies.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The common key is contained within the 3DS in some complicated technical way that I do not have any comprehension of, but will likely require a hardware modification (likely, done before) or yes, some exploit of the system using files that are not encrypted (are there any?).

I am not familiar with how the DSi key was obtained, but I think it can be summarized as basically: people who knew what they were doing did some crazy hax, got the key, kept it a secret for awhile but eventually it leaked.

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WB3000 said:
The common key is contained within the 3DS in some complicated technical way that I do not have any comprehension of, but will likely require a hardware modification (likely, done before) or yes, some exploit of the system using files that are not encrypted (are there any?).

I am not familiar with how the DSi key was obtained, but I think it can be summarized as basically: people who knew what they were doing did some crazy hax, got the key, kept it a secret for awhile but eventually it leaked.

Well, the whole update should be encrypted, so we can't use it to assist us. If only we could dump the 3DS BIOS, then we could figure out how to break into the console.

Although (extremely off-topic), I want to make Team Exactoknivez just so I could take apart a 3DS and smash at it with an exactoknife. Wait, I got the BIOS? DOUBLE PROFIT!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Brute forcing the key is an option, but could take a looooooooooong time
tongue.gif

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
tongue.gif

Would there be a way to use an @home sort of thing to speed up the process?

I have taken at best a cursory glance at hacking of any sort, but if bruteforcing is an option, we might as well be doing it while thinking of other things, yes? And many hands make light work, so pooling some processing power from everyone with a 3ds might be a good idea. I, for one, would be willing to set it up.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Antoids said:
WiiBricker said:
tongue.gif

I have taken at best a cursory glance at hacking of any sort, but if bruteforcing is an option, we might as well be doing it while thinking of other things, yes? And many hands make light work, so pooling some processing power from everyone with a 3ds might be a good idea. I, for one, would be willing to set it up.

Well, first a brute forcer has to be developed. But brute forcing a key has already failed with the DSi key. Dont expect any difference for the 3DS key.

Btw, blasty has posted this picture at his twitter: http://i.imgur.com/syxnn.jpg (the guy who found the dsi common key first I think).

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiBricker said:
Antoids said:
WiiBricker said:
tongue.gif

Well, first a brute forcer has to be developed. But brute forcing a key has already failed with the DSi key. Dont expect any difference for the 3DS key.

Btw, blasty has posted this picture at his twitter: http://i.imgur.com/syxnn.jpg (the guy who found the dsi common key first I think).
This just made my day. =D

I'd be willing to join the 3DS hacking scene. Too bad I don't have one, but I can work without a 3DS.

Habstinat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
QUOTE said:
The Akamai
HD Network
I'm fairly sure that it just one of Akamai's services, and that Nintendo has been using Akamai for general distribution for quite awhile.
Yup. The website is owned by Tucows, a software/shareware distribution site. Seems like Nintendo has used the same company to distribute Wii and possibly other DS files as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If we can download it from NUS using the computer (without NTR user agent), then it's like Wii/DSi and they don't have a personal key. it's using the common key, which is identical for every 3ds.

I'm wondering if we could replace the European video with the Japanese one , using a proxy file replacing feature (Charles, or CFB5) while updating.
Though, it would need to be done when updating, I can't to it anymore.

Japan had Nintendo Orchestra
Europe has a nature (forest, river, waterfall)/animal (bear, fish)/water flowing in hands/flower/train/parachute people/firework.
America has something else ?

I'm also wondering if this video is region locked, because it's installed as a channel, there's a chance it is.

@I forgot his name :
No, I didn't try any flashcard yet.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan said:
Europe has a nature (forest, river, waterfall)/animal (bear, fish)/water flowing in hands/flower/train/parachute people/firework.
America has something else ?
PAL :
[youtube]w4qFR0vAfH0[/youtube]
USA :
[youtube]COUX8YnBZUQ[/youtube]

Well, I like the USA one more, why do we got a random video >.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The video is longer, and the 3D effect is the main goal of the video, but I prefer the European one. (I'm not found of dogs
tongue.gif
)
thanks for posting it.

Crazy-S

Pessimist
Trophies
Website
dasbutterschnitzel.com
XP
Country
Germany
IMO is Bruteforcing not that what we need now, it´s too Random and needs much Time we don´t have
wink.gif

I think we should find a way to Dump 3DS Games, so we could see what they´re accessing on the 3DS and we could look for some Memory Issues like Twilight hack (Buffer Overflow)

Keva

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess we can't do much with the files on the system till the May update which will open up data management.

Editt: Though I suppose looking at how the 3DS reads the .mpo images and the Mii's might be usefull.

ichichfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cyan said:
I'm wondering if we could replace the European video with the Japanese one , using a proxy file replacing feature (Charles, or CFB5) while updating.
Though, it would need to be done when updating, I can't to it anymore.

no it don't work
cry.gif
but you can update only a part of the 3DS.
smileipb2.png

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cyan said:
The video is longer, and the 3D effect is the main goal of the video, but I prefer the European one. (I'm not found of dogs
tongue.gif
)
thanks for posting it.

What is the European one? cats?

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
lol, linking two or three posts above someone is funny.

I thought we were supposed to get the dog video too, but nope. The 3D looked really good in it(the european one which i got since i'm in europe) though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P