Hacking '3x' drive speed.

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think this is going to take up a few more pages i think marcan has opened yet another can of worms nice to see people talking though

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haruhi said:
Exactly. If you claim to be capable of something better, do so. Otherwise refuse to anwser. Not following up on your own word doesn't make you look any better.

No no no, he should insult 'waninkokos' coding abilities a few more thousand times in this thread first.

wink.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haruhi said:
Exactly. If you claim to be capable of something better, do so. Otherwise refuse to anwser. Not following up on your own word doesn't make you look any better.
What about this is not following up on his word? He only stated that he could make it better and not that he would. And he was asked exactly that. If someone asks nicely you answer, that's the polite way to do it. You don't they "I can't tell because it would upset a few people here, since it's not the answer they want to hear."
Btw. I think there is really no doubt, that he actually could do it better than Waninkoko.
wink.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
there is obviously a difference between coding a backup loader for his personnal use/fun/learning and doing a mass distribution of something dedicated to piracy.. the difference relies in you own sense of ethic.

Now, teasing is fun because this is funny to see how pirates can be frustrated when they are knowing they won't get NOW what they are dreaming so hard

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meowayne said:
I think there's a difference between "I will not comment on the issue because I do not support piracy" (...) I don't think that justifies how these comments make people feel who really long for a proper ISO player.
Oh boo hoo. You and the others here are seriously asking marcan to not answer a straight question truthfully because - what - it may hurt some software pirates' feelings? Puh-lease.

It just so perfectly fits the standard in here. There's something you want, be it a game, or getting something to work, or getting hands on something announced or teased, and people kick into high gear until they get what they think they wanted, without any regard for the concequences. How often did it happen that you pissed off a developer after you ripped some beta or some crude hack from him, how often did devs actually discontinue their work because of that childish behaviour? Just that marcan didn't actually write what you want, so that leaves you with your only possible reaction: Throwing a temper tantrum.

Saladman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL it was a retorical question.

but here's a quick translation for those who didn't understand....

"if you're not going to make a loader then stfu'

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
MrBubbles said:
tldr; Wanikonko is in the wrong and is obviously a thief from your statements, but you guys are arrogant asses as well.
Actually, I never said Waninkoko stole anything regarding the isoloader. There is a dispute regarding certain patches that popped up in cIOS days after we released PatchMii (in exactly the same way), and he also took some code without realizing it once, then took down that app after I let him know. He's not the type to violate licenses blatantly and steal credit for everything, although there have been a few instances of him "borrowing" some code.

No, the point is that people make it seem like he developed the copy loader from scratch. Like he actually worked on the underlying concepts. The fact is that he just waited until all of the little individual work was done, and then tied it together with a small amount of work. That doesn't make him a thief. Hell, that doesn't make him anything. What it does make is everyone who keeps believing that he does everything clueless. He doesn't. The copy loader is a particularly visible example, but the point is that most of his applications are sugar candy around existing backend functions. WAD Installer doesn't install wads. It does user interaction, and when it decides to install a WAD, it breaks it into its pieces (WAD is a trivial file format) and then passes the data straight to libogc, which passes it to IOS, which then does the actual install. The breakthrough is figuring out how to make those IOS calls - guess who did that. Just because we might have diametrically opposite moral views doesn't mean they don't share the same technical requirements.

My guess is about 70% of the Homebrew Channel code isn't the HBC code itself - it's libogc, lwbt, libfat, and what-have-you. The main difference is that many bits and pieces of those didn't exist before HBC, and we did the necessary reverse engineering and coding to create them - and they are now available to all homebrew. That is our skill - if we don't have something, we can make it from scratch. Waninkoko just uses existing tools, and I can count his contributions to libogc on one hand.

There is this crowd of "wanky boys" that insist on believing that Waninkoko's work is diametrically opposite to that of the "bushing boys". It's not - most of the time, the "bushing boys" developed the tools, which Waninkoko then adapted in ways that the "bushing boys" decided not to.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
denzil said:
Oh boo hoo. You and the others here are seriously asking marcan to not answer a straight question truthfully because - what - it may hurt some software pirates' feelings?
Yes. Edit: Or rather, I don't ask anything of anyone. I just said that, by all the maturity marcan (&co) have shown posting in this thread full of pirates, I don't understand the demonstration of "look what you're not getting" afterwards. People who point and laugh (like you) I have no problem understanding; but people who show maturity, and then point and laugh, they confuse me.

QUOTEJust that marcan didn't actually write what you want, so that leaves you with your only possible reaction: Throwing a temper tantrum.
No, and I take offense on that. I said repeatedly that I absolutely understand coders who do not want to support piracy, and that they're right when they scorn upon pirates.

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Marcan, I heard somewhere that you worked with Wanikoko and like traded information at some point. Is that accurate?

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meowayne said:
denzil said:
Oh boo hoo. You and the others here are seriously asking marcan to not answer a straight question truthfully because - what - it may hurt some software pirates' feelings?
Yes.
Well you learned your lesson then. Next time ask for a hug, and not for an answer.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
yoitsme said:
Marcan, I heard somewhere that you worked with Wanikoko and like traded information at some point. Is that accurate?
I told him some stuff back in the beginning. Hardly "worked with", I just told him some curiosities back when he was clueless about the Wii. That stopped entirely when he had the bright idea of releasing the FS dumper.

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
My opinion is that we need to get out of the piracy mindset, it's entirely unproductive to make a **** storm whining back and forth about "morals". Let's come up with more potential benefits to running backups without a modchip.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Saladman said:
"if you're not going to make a loader then stfu'
NO. This is not what I wanted to say, and I hope this is not how it was perceived.

Edit denzil, I guess that's why your post is written in such an aggressive tone. What Saladman said is not what I had in mind. I fully appreciate the "bushing boys" mindset.
I was talking about manners. I was neither talking about what good people pirates are or about that I want the coders to make me an ISO loader.

I don't stand in front of homeless people showing them pictures of my bedroom and bank balance. That's all I was saying.

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Haruhi said:
My opinion is that we need to get out of the piracy mindset, it's entirely unproductive to make a **** storm whining back and forth about "morals". Let's come up with more potential benefits to running backups without a modchip.
It doesn't really matter. As I said, I too can come up with comprehensible reasons for software piracy; I don't even think the homebrew opposers of piracy refuse to acknowledge there are positive sides of backups. But the thing is, and what they're absolutely right about: It can be used to cheat Nintendo of their money, thus Nintendo is going to get after it. If softmods could not enable anybody to not pay Nintendo, Nintendo would simply not care. With the current state of affairs, Nintendo has every reason to make a homebrew coder's life harder.

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Haruhi said:
My opinion is that we need to get out of the piracy mindset, it's entirely unproductive to make a **** storm whining back and forth about "morals". Let's come up with more potential benefits to running backups without a mod chip.
yes doesn't matter if its homebrew or a backup loader or a mod chip they all make the wii do things it wasn't designed to do no one has the moral high ground here if you can help the wii scene then do it if not then don't there's no point telling people you can do it better if your not going to it just causes pointless arguing.
ph34r.gif

Meowayne

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that with a backup loader, Nintendo has a reason to shut down homebrew.

Homebrewers who have no interest in piracy would be stupid to support it.

denzil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meowayne said:
I was talking about manners.
I hear you, but I still don't get what exactly you are asking from marcan. Is he supposed to answer every - again, very specific - question with another question: "Can you handle the answer?"? Really? I truly believe not. If you can't handle the heat ... err ... don't visit Finland. Or something.

QUOTEI don't stand in front of homeless people showing them pictures of my bedroom and bank balance.
That is either the most awesome or the most pathetic analogy ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i say "play Roblox" not "make games on Roblox"