500,000 members!

500000.png

It's my great pleasure to announce that GBAtemp has surpassed 500,000 members! I want to give a personal thank you to every member that has joined our community, whether you're an active member, a lurker or just a dormant account from years gone by - thank you for being a part of GBAtemp.

This is a fantastic milestone in the history of our website and is yet another reason to celebrate our success as we approach the 20th anniversary of GBAtemp.

Screenshot 2022-03-10 at 15.40.13.png

Congratulations to @switchboi69 who is likely the 500,000th true member (more details below), although if we're going by ID then that would be @Leo1006

Our database actually accounts for 588,212 members total at the time of this message which means our hard-working moderator team have nuked over 88,000 spambots, trolls and other time wasters!

To put it into perspective, what exactly does 500,000 people look like? Well, that number of people could fill Wembley Stadium 5 times over and is 80% the entire population of Macau. As a collective, the entire GBAtemp community would weigh over 35,000 metric tonnes, though given the nature of our hobby perhaps we could bump that number up a bit.

Now we begin counting down the days until our 20th anniversary of the forums which will take place on the 24th October. We have big plans to celebrate our 20th so be sure to join us!

Thanks once again to each and every one of you!

Last edited by shaunj66,

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish GBAtemp a long life! But still, I wonder if it will keep going strong if Nintendo's next console is unhackable, XBOX style. Nintendo is getting good at security, and they are learning with every new generation of consoles. The RCM bug for Switch was not their fault, it was Nvidia's. Since the site is mainly Nintendo focused, that would hurt the popularity a bit, I guess. Only time will tell.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, we’ve come a long way from what I remember, the best part of a couple decades ago, he said, stating the obvious. (wish I could get my original account back, lost access because of bloody email, but I digress).

Congratulations GBAtemp, here’s to the next 20 years, when I’ll be pushing 70 :D

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Back then Roms from irc, hardware from liksang and software from gbatemp, still the best site to get good info and help, I wonder why there are only 500k accounts…

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do realize that vb has a way to ip ban, and there's a plugin to eliminate vpn or proxies, right? there's probably an equivalent for xenforo. then, you won't be able to say shit.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but im still using the site

they already tried ip banning me, butttttt im still fucking posting and looking at duh site lulz
just sign off. do you really want to look whinny? I mean you're proving that you got hurt by temp, so you're making yourself look stupid. like I said, maybe that's what whoever banned you wanted: you to get pissed off. now, you're doing exactly as they predicted. making a new account, getting banned/posts deleted, then making another one, and the process keeps repeating. it's up to you if you want to look foolish.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
talk big for a keyboard worry. what's the problem? did you not get enough love as a child? it would be a shame if your consoles failed without reason, because you certainly wouldn't get any help from me. go to some shitty site like repack where the ps4 help section is fucking two pages with most questions going unanswered. that's where you belong.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought you were going to hire a hitman or something to off me. go ahead, I weight 260lbs, do honestly think he'd pose a threat to me?

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I am greatly appreciative of how well this site educates anyone interested in modding their own console and of any homebrew projects that have been ongoing and made throughout this era of game consoles. I couldn't have modded my stuff nor would I have gotten interested in getting as many game consoles for their modding capabilities until I found this site, before I EVER made an account. Thank you, and happy 500K members!

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually glad I joined this community; it has opened my eyes to many things and helped sharpen my critical and passionate senses. Half a million members is a lot of people, and I've managed to "meet" quite a big chunk of that number. By meeting these people, I now understand better the state of the world.

Thus, I've just got to say it - Y'all need Jesus. ✝️

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol