Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ENDscape said:
Great news.
yaynds.gif
. But im still sticking with my lite, i dont really see a point in moving to the DSi

Agreed. I hope they figure it out, but really I could care less I dont plan on ever owning a dsi.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
skyman747 said:
Yeah, they probably did a mod to the DSi.
At least we know there is a team who is actually working on it. Also, judging by how they said they havn't found a way to access the SD slot, that gives me the impression they are trying.

I am still using Ol' Reliable Phat, so I won't be upgrading, but great news. Go Acekard.

Yeah about that, how do you replace a PHAT DS battery? I need to know >.>

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, that was fast even though it came like a month ago, but still I could care less about the dsi 200 somewhat dollars not that much improvements on hardware graphic just smaller and cameras wow not worth my money, i'll wait till nintendo comes out with a new handheld in 2011 or 2012, But great job on the hacking guys.

controlio

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
i also think they used a save game exploid...they didn't show how they boot the card...just at the end of the video that its in the DSi, so no direct boot...but very interesting and exciting, looking forward on how this will develope...

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so they have a new product... that's specifically for the DSi.

It's a shame, I thought they meant the Acekard 2 works on the DSi

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt the existing acekard will ever work on the DSi straight up, if anyone does figure it out, I am sure they will have to create a whole new card.

This is turning into a bigger useless money drain than before. Buy a new dsi for no good reason if you already have one, and you'll have to buy a new and probably expensive flash cart, especially if there are only one or 2 working carts on release.

tiger1807

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratulations to the acekard team!

But that never change the fact why should you buy an Acekard, after all, It was a LAB experiment, so that doesn't show you can be as the LAB too, not unless you own a lab lol.

my point is, this shouldn't encourage people to buy an acekard. this is just evidence to show that Any system that comes out, will be hacked, or modded in a way. But the lab should get great credit on their work. Again congratulations of your achieve
yaynds.gif
ment, Acekard labs.

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this news doesn't really impress me..

they didn't even show the part where he boot the flashcart up directly from DSi menu..

that mean is they are using the game save exploit, it just a show off basically .... nothing new....

Also

To people who think you can boot game from DSi menu, this is almost 100% impossible due to format differences..

the DSi can only read the software directly from its internal memory, not from SD card.... and the format of the ROM is way different...

you can import a software to DSi internal memory, but it can only hold 256MB..

the main problem isn't just that....the real problem is how to let DSi read nds file/format, not DSi ware format...

this will be a extreme hardcore problem to solve, firmware modification is almost impossible at the moment...

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How this for an idea to throw out there: Don't hack it. Leave it alone. If Nintendo thinks the DSi is unhackable they may well use the same security on the successor. If it gets hacked now the next system will be even more robust.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Perseid said:
How this for an idea to throw out there: Don't hack it. Leave it alone. If Nintendo thinks the DSi is unhackable they may well use the same security on the successor. If it gets hacked now the next system will be even more robust.
Thank you! You're very correct, but Nintendo isn't stupid. They will be trying to hack it themselves.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hexane26 said:
hmmmmmm think think......acekard boots .nds files...like FLASHME it could work just maybe..

DS/DSL and the DSi have different firmwares, I'm fairly certain that Flashme won't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P