Homebrew Question Any app to verify firmware dump (rawnand.bin/boot0/1)?

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So I heard that some people have bricked their switch after trying to use hakete to restore the firmware. Is there any PC app to check the integrity of the firmware?

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

a7mag3ddon

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably tried to restore an old nandump but have since updated firmware on the switch and blown fuses ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the dump can't be restored.
useless ... pretty much. it could still be mounted in HacDiskMount to extract the content if you ever need to recover a file or savegame, etc.
it can't be used to recover from a brick, or to restore to an original unpatched state.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to 5.1 officially so obviously the fuses were burnt. So my 4.1 dump is useless now?

don't delete it yet. it's still useful if you got bricked and no 5.1 nand backup
you can restore 4.1 backup, boot to cfw (cfw ignore fuse count) and update to 5.1 from there
although it might be better if you start making nand backup with your 5.1 though

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Can't you restore a 4.1 firmware, boot with a cfw and update with choidujournx to a newer version?

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
don't delete it yet. it's still useful if you got bricked and no 5.1 nand backup
you can restore 4.1 backup, boot to cfw (cfw ignore fuse count) and update to 5.1 from there
although it might be better if you start making nand backup with your 5.1 though
Well, I believe that most would dump their nand when they first bought their switch and before installing anything so that it can be used to restore to a clean slate prior to updating a higher firmware to afford being banned and there was no unofficial way to update firmware till ChoiDujourNX was released.

As newer games came out requiring a higher firmware I believe that most of us have at least updated the firmware once so it's quite disappointing to find out that the earlier dumped firmware will only be usable if the user still hasn't updated to a later version.

You mentioned I can still use my 4.1 nand dump even if I updated to 5.1 officially if I boot to cfw? What happens if my set is bricked? Would I still be able to enter RCM mode if I didn't install autorcm? I am using sx os

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
You mentioned I can still use my 4.1 nand dump even if I updated to 5.1 officially if I boot to cfw? What happens if my set is bricked? Would I still be able to enter RCM mode if I didn't install autorcm? I am using sx os
yes, but only on cfw. if you boot ofw then it won't work because you've burnt more fuses than expected
I never heard of a brick that prevent you from entering rcm. and no need for autorcm

Reactions: Bloodlust

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
yes, but only on cfw. if you boot ofw then it won't work because you've burnt more fuses than expected
I never heard of a brick that prevent you from entering rcm. and no need for autorcm
Looks like I better backup my current 5.1 firmware even though it's already tainted with homebrew and nsp installs. At least I can revive my switch if it's bricked.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like I better backup my current 5.1 firmware even though it's already tainted with homebrew and nsp installs. At least I can revive my switch if it's bricked.

that's right
keep the old clean backup if you need to downgrade or whatever reasons, and make a recent one in case of bricking

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any dump is a life saver if your console gets corrupt..Make sure to have your biskeys, <system keys that are unique basically like a decryption key for the system files to work on your console.

Old system versions/or higher system versions can be transferred to a updated switch with
hacdiskmount / choirdujour NX The problem lies with fuse count..

To Run lower and or any system files/firmware/Higher on the switch without problems.. Would be to use a fuse check bypass, thats basically what hekate does/ fuse gelle yada yada ..

So if you use hacdiskmount/choirdujour NX or hekate to restore high or low sys version or transfer low or high sys version as long as you use a fuse bypass you can run any version...

Now If you have a old dump system version you can restore it but must use fuse bypass..
You can restore old version/ use fuse bypass then update to latest..

If the dump is clean/virgin... you should be able to update with the system update procedure without problems....

If you nand dump or backup is maybe dirty i dont recommend you restore via usual way and recommend you update via choirdujour NX
Or via a nand rebuild of lower sys version rebuilt to latest or higher and transfer with hackdiskmount..

Key things to remember ..
Biskeys are like a key that unlocks your switch.. And are console specific..You lose your keys Your not getting in..
Your System files/firmware are encrypted with your biskeys(systemkeys)
You try to put system files /other peoples nand dump extracts on your switch without putting you biskeys in it wont work period..

Nand dump.
A full nand dump is recommend and your dump contains system files/and product information..
PRODINFO/PRODINFO F
These two are stored in your dump and are basically for your system only. Without these, or the correct version(yourown) the console will not boot..

So key things to backup,and not too fuck with are

Biskeys

Prodinfo/ProdinfoF

Full nand dump
(Or just the system partitions the user partition if not deleted does not f*cking matter too much to run the system)

And boot0/1 (Backing these up will save you hassle)

Here is a little/Big guide to back you up fully

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

I hope the information i proved is correct and helps anyone understand a little clearer... If anything is not explained correctly please let me know pref via pm..

Hope you all have a wonderful day

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Any dump is a life saver if your console gets corrupt..Make sure to have your biskeys, <system keys that are unique basically like a decryption key for the system files to work on your console.

Old system versions/or higher system versions can be transferred to a updated switch with
hacdiskmount / choirdujour NX The problem lies with fuse count..

To Run lower and or any system files/firmware/Higher on the switch without problems.. Would be to use a fuse check bypass, thats basically what hekate does/ fuse gelle yada yada ..

So if you use hacdiskmount/choirdujour NX or hekate to restore high or low sys version or transfer low or high sys version as long as you use a fuse bypass you can run any version...

Now If you have a old dump system version you can restore it but must use fuse bypass..
You can restore old version/ use fuse bypass then update to latest..

If the dump is clean/virgin... you should be able to update with the system update procedure without problems....

If you nand dump or backup is maybe dirty i dont recommend you restore via usual way and recommend you update via choirdujour NX
Or via a nand rebuild of lower sys version rebuilt to latest or higher and transfer with hackdiskmount..

Key things to remember ..
Biskeys are like a key that unlocks your switch.. And are console specific..You lose your keys Your not getting in..
Your System files/firmware are encrypted with your biskeys(systemkeys)
You try to put system files /other peoples nand dump extracts on your switch without putting you biskeys in it wont work period..

Nand dump.
A full nand dump is recommend and your dump contains system files/and product information..
PRODINFO/PRODINFO F
These two are stored in your dump and are basically for your system only. Without these, or the correct version(yourown) the console will not boot..

So key things to backup,and not too fuck with are

Biskeys

Prodinfo/ProdinfoF

Full nand dump
(Or just the system partitions the user partition if not deleted does not f*cking matter too much to run the system)

And boot0/1 (Backing these up will save you hassle)

Here is a little/Big guide to back you up fully

https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

I hope the information i proved is correct and helps anyone understand a little clearer... If anything is not explained correctly please let me know pref via pm..

Hope you all have a wonderful day
Just wish to confirm to revive a brick I just need rawnand, boot0/1 right? Are the biskeys like prodinfo etc really necessary?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just wish to confirm to revive a brick I just need rawnand, boot0/1 right? Are the biskeys like prodinfo etc really necessary?

Biskeys are part of boot0/boot1. If you've got boot0/boot1 & rawnand, you've got everything.

The biskeys are the absolute minimum needed to save your Switch, you can use them to remake a new nand from scratch. But if you have the full backup as above, then you don't need to remake anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp