Gaming Any good exclusive Japanese games?

Mr.Curlynose1

HI ASL PLS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guru Logic Champ. It's a fun puzzle game.
smile.gif

That's about the only one I know.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jump Superstar is a DS game, not a GBA game.
If you're looking for japanese-only, you should try Klonoa Heroes: Legend of the Star Medal. It's a pretty good RPG version of the Klonoa series. Probably would have been better if someone actually bothered to translate it...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I use offline list and its DAT for rom naming but 1336- Tetris Advance (by minna no soft) makes up for tetris worlds and is great in its own right. Playable with minimal/no Japanese knowledge as well.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Starfi series already mentioned.
-F-Zero Climax (has track maker like fzero64 exp pack 64dd)
-Final Fight (uncensored in japan only, has the girls and bloody weapon damage)
-GTA Advance 2 (The rally one, just because it saves, no 12char passwords)
-Super Street Fighter II X Revival (Doesn't have fatal sram bugs, doesn't have related bug locking up Akuma and making him random sprites.)

Capcom apparantly had no clue early on how the hell to get a GBA game out of Japan without having it broken by Ubisoft's incompetence.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what hasn't already been mentioned but I've played a lot on, games I enjoyed include:

Love Hina Advance - (All but complete english translation available! Great if you like the show).
Chocobo Land - Game De Dice (Fun board game with Chocobos ^^ )
Prince of Tennis games (Tennis no Ouji-sama) - best Tennis games on GBA after Mario Tennis.
Mermaid Melody - Bemani/DDR music game with full vocal tracks.
Azumanga Daioh Advance - Very simple card game with Azumanga sounds and images, but suprisingly addictive.
Dancing Sword - Side scrolling beat em up, hard as nails special moves will put some people off though.
DiGi Charat DigiCommunication - Fun shop sim game.
Mr. Driller Ace - Bit better than Mr Driller 2.

There are many other recommended games... I've heard good things about the Super Robot Taisen games and Black Matrix Zero for example.

Oh and check out this site for lots of info on Japanese GBA games:
http://jdb.pocketheaven.com/index.php

p.s Favourite Japanese game has to be F-Zero Climax... the new tracks and track editor are just awesome... Nintendo offer passwords/layouts for over 700 track designs (link) and there's loads more out there not to mention your own creations too. It's crazy Nintendo havn't release it outside of Japan... it's miles better than the previous two GBA games.

smile.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy isn't a fair term, more like somewhere between dumbfucked and dumbassed as reasons for not releasing the game.

I can only imagine they didn't because their stupid anime didn't take off on FOX and got pulled so they lost interest despite the series lived on VERY WELL long before and after it on consoles.

MAD_BOY

Lazy bum
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
GTA Advance 2 (The rally one, just because it saves, no 12char passwords)
actually, that one's not a japanese only game
in was called Advance Rally in japan and later released in europe 9not sure about the us) as GT Advance 2

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I know it isn't JP only but I felt the need to add it as well as the two capcom games because as far as the US/UK releases go they were either defective, highly censored into suckage, or in the case of the racer they cheaped out on a 50 cent battery replacing everything with a LONG string password that changes for every little thing done in the game.

And I know it's 'Advance Rally' as I own it, as well as the other JP releases of those americanized titles up there as well as I refused to buy defective, censored, and cheaped out hacked up titles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed +2