Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
RadioShadow said:
Arm the Homeless said:
RadioShadow said:
Can the .dol file can be runned with the HomeBrew Channel?
Hey, didn't you make that Advance Wars Ember Hack?

Off Topic: Yeah, I'm the creator of the hack. I've discontinued the project know as I plan to focusing on making just an Advance Wars 2 Hack with just custom maps in (some when soon
smile.gif
).

On topic: Thanks. *inserts files on SD Card*
Cool I didn't know that?
biggrin.gif

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm positive my Samsung SyncMaster 940MG has NTSC support (according to various websites). If for some reason, my TV actually doesn't have NTSC support, would there be a solution to restore the original Region Settings the Wii had? The Wii is chipped by the way.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey toca!! Just tried this out, and this is sooooo awesome!!!! Thanx for the help!!!
grog.gif

It even changed the region for the GC part of the Wii, what the "other" region changers didn´t do.

I noticed the difference instantly once I rebooted, just because the menu was so much crisper.

Now I have to play around a bit, and see if all my PAL stuff works okay, hopefully starfall will be useful. Would prefer not to, but if necessary I will be reusing this tool an awful lot, as it´s definitely worth it!!

kindaichi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I have a Wii Jap with a D2Ckey on it. I changed my region and firmware to US using Any Region Changer.
It works great, BUT, all i can boot the games only by GeckoOS!
And i need to boot the game using the Wii Channel(It´s Rocky Band, and if i use GeckoOS it won´t sinc the Guitar and drum´s), anyone has any ideias? (I was suspecting that i need to change the jumper in my D2Ckey... what do u say?)
Thanks

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kindaichi said:
Hi,
I have a Wii Jap with a D2Ckey on it. I changed my region and firmware to US using Any Region Changer.
And i need to boot the game using the Wii Channel(It´s Rocky Band, and if i use GeckoOS it won´t sinc the Guitar and drum´s), anyone has any ideias? (I was suspecting that i need to change the jumper in my D2Ckey... what do u say?)
Thanks

Yes, you need to set the jumper to USA.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
bubbleboy said:
kindaichi said:
Hi,
Thanks

Yes, you need to set the jumper to USA.

is there no way around this? I have the same situationa nd i dont want to open my wii

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a PAL wii, i run the any region app and select NTSC Game and NTSC video mode. My screen gets RED... I have a RGB cable. What am i doing wrong?

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
masud said:
I have a PAL wii, i run the any region app and select NTSC Game and NTSC video mode. My screen gets RED... I have a RGB cable. What am i doing wrong?

NTSC mode is not compatible with RGB. You'll have to stick with PAL mode or use a different type of connexion like composite or component.

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CambridgeGuy said:
masud said:

NTSC mode is not compatible with RGB. You'll have to stick with PAL mode or use a different type of connexion like composite or component.

Didn't know that, i thought NTSC would work with RGB better than with the RCA cable. I will try that, thanks for the tip.

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
masud said:
CambridgeGuy said:
masud said:

Didn't know that, i thought NTSC would work with RGB better than with the RCA cable. I will try that, thanks for the tip.

It works fine with the RCA cable, although the image quality is somewhat lower than with the RGB one. So RGB cables won't work with NTSC consoles? Didn't know that! Is there any workaround?

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
Use a HDMI (408p) Component Lead. Providing your TV supports it.

I do have the nintendo component cable, but i am still stuck with a crt tv... A 32" samsung A656 is next on my purchases list...

Regarding the video and game settings change, I have noticed that some vc games run at 60hz but others, snes for example, run at 50hz... If I change the AREA setting and install the usa menu will every vc game run a 60hz? Can someone with a pal -> ntsc console confirm this point?

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you set your Wii to NTSC, some things happen:

All N64 Games run in 480i/p
All SNES, NES and MD games don't run (I didn't test SMS), incl. Hanabi-Titles
All WiiWare titles run fine.

CambridgeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
masud said:
RadioShadow said:

I do have the nintendo component cable, but i am still stuck with a crt tv... A 32" samsung A656 is next on my purchases list...

Regarding the video and game settings change, I have noticed that some vc games run at 60hz but others, snes for example, run at 50hz... If I change the AREA setting and install the usa menu will every vc game run a 60hz? Can someone with a pal -> ntsc console confirm this point?

The video mode (PAL or NTSC) is what determines whether a VC game will run at 50 or 60Hz. Your region or system menu doesn't make any difference. If you want all your games to run in 60Hz, you'll have to use NTSC mode. So no RGB, I'm afraid.

PrincessPeach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
CambridgeGuy said:
masud said:
RadioShadow said:

The video mode (PAL or NTSC) is what determines whether a VC game will run at 50 or 60Hz. Your region or system menu doesn't make any difference. If you want all your games to run in 60Hz, you'll have to use NTSC mode. So no RGB, I'm afraid.

I may point out the error in your math:

QUOTE(PrincessPeach @ Sep 5 2008, 10:41 AM)

All N64 Games run in 480i/p (With garbled Sound)

So, be cautious when switching to NTSC on your PAL-Wii, some games might not run anymore.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
PrincessPeach said:
CambridgeGuy said:
masud said:
RadioShadow said:

I may point out the error in your math:

QUOTE(PrincessPeach @ Sep 5 2008, 10:41 AM)

All N64 Games run in 480i/p (With garbled Sound)

So, be cautious when switching to NTSC on your PAL-Wii, some games might not run anymore.
some nes games can run in 480p, SMB2(usa version ) i dont see why they dont update everygame out there. chargeing £25 for the cables, and knowing that VC is a massive part of the wii community.

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
im just tring this now, sttrange tho on my jap wii, when i select usa for system menu and usa for area, it gives me a awarning that its not the same

is this a bug?

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
well it seems to have worked fine.

So at the moment i have everything usa apart from game region which is jap (due to my d2ckey).

One thing tho, some of the channel icons seem to still be in jap, despite the channel itself being in english, can this be changed?

And do i have to be carefull about installing channels or updates with htis as it is or will it be totally safe to use as normal?

Thanks tona

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...