huh.gif

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When the Wii gets a new system menu IOS, they make the old one a stub to save space and it also hurts hackers because it will never anyone who does only official updates. This stub has no functioning stuff on it and just overwrites the old one. So a normal update can stub you but not if you haven't downgraded or installed a stub above your current system menu IOS before.

These upgrade guides grab the latest version of the IOS which is the stub and they use this for the system menu.

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried Wanins FW Update 4.0 on my Friends 3.4 Wii, without problems a few days ago.
No Stub IOS60 was installed!!!
And yes i thougth about what could happen, but its a Boot2v3 Wii with BootMii installed, so i just tried.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dmon84 said:
I tried Wanins FW Update 4.0 on my Friends 3.4 Wii, without problems a few days ago.
And yes i thougth about what could happen, but its a Boot2v3 Wii with BootMii installed, so i just tried.
Are you positive IOS60 wasn't already installed, beforehand ?

Dmon84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Dmon84 said:
Are you positive IOS60 wasn't already installed, beforehand ?

I don't know for sure, but i think SM 3.4 doesn't have a IOS60. The Wii was never on a higher version.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mmm I don't know if Waninkoko's 4.1 updater qualifies to go on this because I think it just gives you an error if it doesn't see an IOS60 already installed in the first place, but better safe than sorry. I think I still mention it in my guide so I'll change that ASAP.

Edit: Can everything be updated with dop-IOS MOD alone? All IOS's and the system menu itself?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tj_cool said:
ether2802 said:
How do you get a "STUB IOS60"....??
huh.gif
By installing the latest version of IOS60 (v6400)
Basically, that version is no more than garbage

OK, so all this apps get the "LATEST" IOS60 instead of the good version..?? like if I use 4.1 updater again, or 4.0 updater..?? is there a patched IOS60 we can install beforehand to avoid this bricks..??
huh.gif

P.S. lots of questions, right..?? lately I'm digging on the NDSi flashcards scene..!!

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
OK, so all this apps get the "LATEST" IOS60 instead of the good version..?? like if I use 4.1 updater again, or 4.0 updater..?? is there a patched IOS60 we can install beforehand to avoid this bricks..??
huh.gif
Yes, either get IOS60 v6174 from NUS and install with DOP-IOS MOD with the patch or use the version included with xzxero's guide. The best method is looking to be updating all IOS directly through DOP-IOS MOD without the assistance of any faulty precompiled updaters though.

SnacksHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihbcentral.ucoz.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, you COULD say that WUFE can cause bricks if not used properly. My Wii is bricked because I used WUFE to extract update files from Animal Crossing: City Folk, and I installed one named "RVL-Sysmenu v?" and now my Wii is bricked. Oh, also it was a wad file too.

I guess I'm asking if anyone can help fix this. :3?

~Snacks
yay.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i bricked my wii cause of this Son of a bitch app

IOS60/61 Installer /Patcher

madcapslaugh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
ether2802 said:
tj_cool said:
ether2802 said:
How do you get a "STUB IOS60"....??
huh.gif

By installing the latest version of IOS60 (v6400)
Basically, that version is no more than garbage

huh.gif

P.S. lots of questions, right..?? lately I'm digging on the NDSi flashcards scene..!!

yeah just search for guides that include 4.1 updates

Posts merged

clownb said:
QUOTE(ether2802 @ Oct 19 2009, 11:08 AM) OK, so all this apps get the "LATEST" IOS60 instead of the good version..?? like if I use 4.1 updater again, or 4.0 updater..?? is there a patched IOS60 we can install beforehand to avoid this bricks..??
huh.gif
Yes, either get IOS60 v6174 from NUS and install with DOP-IOS MOD with the patch or use the version included with xzxero's guide. The best method is looking to be updating all IOS directly through DOP-IOS MOD without the assistance of any faulty precompiled updaters though.

is there a list of all the IOS files for the 4.1 update?

Posts merged

QUOTE(SnacksHacks @ Oct 23 2009, 01:01 AM)
Well, you COULD say that WUFE can cause bricks if not used properly. My Wii is bricked because I used WUFE to extract update files from Animal Crossing: City Folk, and I installed one named "RVL-Sysmenu v?" and now my Wii is bricked. Oh, also it was a wad file too.

I guess I'm asking if anyone can help fix this. :3?

~Snacks
yay.gif

do you have bootmii installed as boot2?

mrmariowario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running system menu 4.0 and i updated the IOS to 61 to allow the new wii shop channel. Is there any way I can patch IOS61 to allow wad installs without bricking the wii??

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know the 2nf last post was a previous one but I updated using wannin updater from 3.2E to 4.0E and I just checked sign check 3b and got IOS60 v6174 all disbaled trucha flash boot2 usb 2.0, from what I read 6174 is not the stub version right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, That is definitely exciting news. +1