ATV Quad Power Racing 2 on Wii U

ghostserverd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! Hoping someone can help me out with this.

I have a Wii U on 5.5.5 with Tiramisu.

My goal is to be able to play all of my old favorite GC games. So far, I have several games working, except ATV Quad Power Racing 2 is giving me some trouble.

My setup:

Code:
TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector - 3.0.1
WUP Installer GX2 - v1.3 rev21
Nintendont - 6.498

In order to install ATV Quad Power Racing 2, I take the following steps

Prepare the file for injection

1. In TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector, switch to the GC Retail Injection radio button
2. Load the iso renamed as game.iso
3. Click "Download images from cucholix's repo"
4. Click on the Nintendont SD Card Menu
5. Download Latest Nintendont from GitHub
6. Check the boxes for Auto Video Width and Memcard Emulation (no other options checked)
7. Set the Memcard Blocks to 251
8. Click "Generate Nintendont Config File"
9. Switch to the Build Title tab
10. BUILD

Copy the output directory to SD Card / install

Install the game

1. Load the Homebrew menu
2. Open WUP Installer GX2
3. Select ATV and install to USB

Launch the game

When I do launch the game, the black screen with Wii appears, and then after about 10 seconds or so, I get the following error on my screen with a glitch appearance

Code:
SYSTEM ERROR

Unrecognized TV format in
cGXRenderer::GetTVSystem()!

I will attach a photo of the error as well.

Based on the error, I figured it was something to do with forcing progressive or WII U Widescreen, but I get the same behavior with those enabled or disabled in Nintendont.

As far as I know the above installation steps are the correct steps to take. In fact, I have several other games that seem to be working just fine with this install method. These are the games that I've successfully launched and played a bit of.

1. Mario Kart Double Dash

2. Super Smash Bros. Melee
3. 007 Nightfire
4. Need For Speed Underground 2

So my methodology seems to be right at least on some level.

I was unable to find a GC compatibility list for TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector, but I do see that ATV Quad Power Racing 2 is supported by Nintendont.

I have also tried three different versions of the game from unrelated sources. All typical ~1.4 GB ISOs.

I'm open to alternative methods of installation, but I really do like the virtual console injection method since I can launch games right from the Wii U home screen, plus gamepad support is fantastic.

Has anyone seen this error before? Are there any troubleshooting steps I can take?

Thanks for any assistance here!
IMG_3395.jpeg

Last edited by ghostserverd,

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Honestly, get another copy of the game from somewhere and retry. Your copy could be corrupt and I would test this with another copy and retry injecting.

The problem lies with your game if your other games are working and the compatability list says all good so I'd start there.

Reactions: jeannotte

ghostserverd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, get another copy of the game from somewhere and retry. Your copy could be corrupt and I would test this with another copy and retry injecting.

The problem lies with your game if your other games are working and the compatability list says all good so I'd start there.

Thanks for pointing that out. I should have mentioned in the original post that I’ve tried three different versions of the game from three totally unrelated places now.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Very strange. Have u tried the game through nintendont directly to see if it actually plays in vWii?

Rereading your steps at the top of the page, I've done many gc injects as I agree with your opinion on playing them right off the menu however when doing so I just add the game to Teconmoons tool, add my icon/load screen pics and then build. I never change or even look at the sd card menu or config since the first time I used it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
probably have forced settings on the game and the game isnt okay with it, i have no idea what settings you have tough.

to get full nintendont compatibility you should have everything off or auto except the memory card emulation and i mean everything.

And i never saw that error is that a VC error itself? seems so, it doesnt seem a nintendont error since nintendont doesnt write on the screen so maybe that game has a broken injector, or breaks when injecting? like people said try the game directly from nintendont itself on vwii or through a nintendont menu foward instead off using the autoboot injection.

Laf111

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check the boxes for Auto Video Width and Memcard Emulation (no other options checked)
I've managed to do this sucessfully but i didn't remember which options i set...

You might have a look to video options since it seems to have something to do with video settings (GX renderer and GetTvSystem failure) and more precisely TV one (PAL, ect...)

ghostserverd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably have forced settings on the game and the game isnt okay with it, i have no idea what settings you have tough.

to get full nintendont compatibility you should have everything off or auto except the memory card emulation and i mean everything.

And i never saw that error is that a VC error itself? seems so, it doesnt seem a nintendont error since nintendont doesnt write on the screen so maybe that game has a broken injector, or breaks when injecting? like people said try the game directly from nintendont itself on vwii or through a nintendont menu foward instead off using the autoboot injection.
I don’t have a nintendont menu forwarder set up yet, but I will work on adding it so I can troubleshoot. Thanks for the tip!

The current settings I have in the nintendont menu in teconmoon’s injector are

- video width auto
- memcard emulation checked and 251 blocks (I tried 51 as well with the same result)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don’t have a nintendont menu forwarder set up yet, but I will work on adding it so I can troubleshoot. Thanks for the tip!

The current settings I have in the nintendont menu in teconmoon’s injector are

- video width auto
- memcard emulation checked and 251 blocks (I tried 51 as well with the same result)
there are alot of hidden settings that tecmon doesnt have and may be set imo but again like i siad that looks like a fowarder error maybe the iso name is too long or has some invalid characters or whatever since that is not a nintendont error but a wiivc error display, nintendont just crashes or beeps it never shows anything on screen like that.

ghostserverd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's mostly fixed!

I did some more troubleshooting, and found that if I manually set the width (i.e. not Auto, but 640 or really anything else) the game will boot.

Then, I tried manually launching nintendont from the homebrew launcher in vWii, and realized I didn't have to manually set the width in there (i.e. Auto worked, WiiU widescreen worked, etc).

So that led me back to the injector/forwarder being the problem (I think like pedro said).

Turns out, the version of teconmoon I was using was way outdated. 3.0.1 is like the last version that teconmoon released I think. And the project has been taken over by piratesephiroth.

So I updated to the version linked at the top of the WiiVC Injector Script thread instead (3.0.12.0) and now ATV Quad works just like the other games!

Thanks everyone for helping out with troubleshooting suggestions.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's mostly fixed!

I did some more troubleshooting, and found that if I manually set the width (i.e. not Auto, but 640 or really anything else) the game will boot.

Then, I tried manually launching nintendont from the homebrew launcher in vWii, and realized I didn't have to manually set the width in there (i.e. Auto worked, WiiU widescreen worked, etc).

So that led me back to the injector/forwarder being the problem (I think like pedro said).

Turns out, the version of teconmoon I was using was way outdated. 3.0.1 is like the last version that teconmoon released I think. And the project has been taken over by piratesephiroth.

So I updated to the version linked at the top of the WiiVC Injector Script thread instead (3.0.12.0) and now ATV Quad works just like the other games!

Thanks everyone for helping out with troubleshooting suggestions.
Glad you sorted it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if...