'Avowed' gets new gameplay trailer and release window

avowed.jpg

During the Xbox Developer_Direct, Obsidian aired a new deep dive trailer for its upcoming fantasy action RPG title Avowed:

Explore the Living Lands, a mysterious island filled with adventure and danger in this first deep dive into the gameplay experience you can expect in Avowed, our upcoming fantasy action RPG set in the fantastical, vibrant Living Lands. Learn more about how we incorporate world-building with profound themes, dynamic gameplay, and thoughtful reactivity and bring them to life in Avowed, where you can make choices to shape every step of your adventure.

In addition to the trailer, the developer has provided a release window for the game. Avowed is slated for a Fall 2024 release on PC, Xbox Series S/X and will be available on day one via Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass.

:arrow: SOURCE

Reactions: CoolMe and SuperDan

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
meh...
Post automatically merged:

Everything is getting a delay window nowadays
its a strategy. its not actually delayed, they make it delayed to create a hype and see if people will like it. if not, they can say its canceled. companies are so afraid to risk it, thats why there are ton of crap lately. by lately i mean in last 20 years.

Reactions: MikaTh

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So glad this is on GamPass, with this Devs history, I wouldn't want to stump up cash
Ah yes, the very troubled history of Obsidian Entertainment with such horrific RPG bombs as "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords" , "Fallout: New Vegas", and "Pillars of Eternity".

Oh wait...

Reactions: bjaxx87 and MikaTh

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the very troubled history of Obsidian Entertainment with such horrific RPG bombs as "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords" , "Fallout: New Vegas", and "Pillars of Eternity".

Oh wait...
Thanks for listing.

You're aware there is also a very large list of developers/publishers who have made great games years back, but more recently...

Only worse when you consider they're now owned by Microsoft.

Last edited by yoyoyo69,

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for listing.

You're aware there is also a very large list of developers/publishers who have made great games years back, but more recently...

Only worse when you consider they're now owned by Microsoft.
I'm sure everyone involved isn't really happy about being bought out either, but it feels pretty unjust considering they've made good games even fairly recently.

If they only pump out shit for the next 5 years I'll eat my shorts but it's always been very clear that a lot of the devs at Obsidian and even Bethesda do actually care about the genre. Nobody can be expected to perform well with all these insane buyouts and pressures. Not even passionate developers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer. +1