Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiGator said:
cedwii said:
wiigator
wii don t hear about you anymore for a long time now,are you still ok?
Just give us some news mate,and thank s again the 0.3 is very good,i m surprise most of the games work when their are decripted, i hope you find a way out to minor compability problems!
Is it a cios pb?
Did you have more test with disc channel?
Shuss!!
Cedwii!!

The next version will be called Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma:
- It will use the newer G****OS
- It includes support for the rebooter, so 1:1 backups are working with the disc channel (Including newer titles).
- Dual layer may not work.

Current state is:
"de Blob" works on PAL
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" seems to work on NTSC.
"Star Wars - Force unleashed" doesn't work on PAL.

I need more time to fix it.

YOU ROCK. I have a question. Since you said that in .3 gamma their will be no dual layer disks, does it mean that my SSBB that I bought will not work, or does it mean that burned dual layers will not work? Also, if bought dual layers will not work, than is their any way of booting the one you bought? The disk channel feature is brilliant. When will you be releasing this version?

WiiGator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If I activate support for dual layer discs, the Wii will detect a modchip for newer games. If you make SSBB smaller, you can use it.

Star wars is also working for PAL, my report before seems to be wrong, because the error was caused by a burn media issue.

I don't know if Okami will work, but I think it will not work in the next release. I am getting to a point where I need to know, which IOS is used. You can use the tool which I posted on page 6. I need the IOS number of the large game partition with the correct disc id of the game.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Every release just gets better. Can't wait for the next one. Dual layer, meh we have dvd5 for smash so why worry about it right now, especially if it may cause issues. Eventually itd be nice, especially for making multi-game discs. Whatever you decision you know the community supports you 100% anyone searching for said program its actually on page 5 not 6.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. So no dual layer support then. I need a tutorial about shrinking my backup of SSBB to DVD5. Any help would be appreciated!

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks, dd! I'm applying the patch from the first post on that thread right now! Wish me luck!
wink.gif

Edit: From a quick test, SSBB DVD5 NTSC/USA is working great with 0.3!
smile.gif

EndlessDiversity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
WiiGator said:
If I activate support for dual layer discs, the Wii will detect a modchip for newer games. If you make SSBB smaller, you can use it.

Star wars is also working for PAL, my report before seems to be wrong, because the error was caused by a burn media issue.

I don't know if Okami will work, but I think it will not work in the next release. I am getting to a point where I need to know, which IOS is used. You can use the tool which I posted on page 6. I need the IOS number of the large game partition with the correct disc id of the game.

If i am not mistaken, backup launcher 0.3 gamma will be built in into Wii Disc Channel right?
wouldn't it better to keep it the same as it is now? as a launcher on a different channel. so that we have an option how we would like to load our game.

and i was just curious with that comment, saying SSBB won't work even tho its original version.
i hope all original wii disc still can be run normally through Wii Disc channel.

either way i am happy with the launcher and big thanks to wiigator.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so much news ok so gamma will load from disc channel so next step after that is bootmii to give u the opp. to create a new system menu? it seems this is where its all headed

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so much news ok so gamma will load from disc channel so next step after that is bootmii to give u the opp. to create a new system menu? it seems this is where its all headed

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im running wiigator v.3 and .1 now this is my draw

back i have to stwich between ciso (i think its because

i have a ntsc usa) now i have no problen runnig it like

this as it seems the new cios(for v.3) removes the ciso

(for v.1) as that stands that fixs some patch game

issues for now (fyi got all the files i needed from

djtaz except for the cios wad for v.1 dont know how to

do rapid share so if some one could help with that would

be awsome) as for my compat list the same as the one

posted by others here look it up.

now for my ? would it be possable to make a channel

that loads the backup but befor game starts lets you

pick the ciso you want to run first i.e 247 for the v.3

and 249 for v.1?

now for noobs I AM NOT A CODER or one of gators

presonal testers just a noob 2 but read and you will get

your answers

and yes im playing force unleashed but on v.1 not v.3 and thanx got ssbb working

alex686

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Great work Wiigator!
I use backup launcher 0.3 beta and it works great, but I can't add a 2nd controller in all games i tried (mario kart, bomberman, boom blox, etc). In the multiplayer tab of each game the 2nd controller isn't recognized no matter what i press. Is this a common problem? The 2nd controller works great without the backup launcher (tested with the original version of wii sports). I have searched with google, but didn't found any solution. Any help appreciated
smile.gif

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alex your the first ive heard of having that issue. Here all 4 of my controllers work great with all version of the loaders... Hopefully someone has some ideas, short of telling you to check your batteries, heh

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is the controller synched to the wii or every time you load your wii you have to press the 1+2 if so you may need to synch it with the wii

shamone69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blitzer320 said:
is the controller synched to the wii or every time you load your wii you have to press the 1+2 if so you may need to synch it with the wii

beat me to it lol thats what i was thinking

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A question that I have been wondering about for a while now is if I want to play a PAL game on an NTSC Wii, how do I do it? I have heard various different answers, such as using special cables as with Waninkoko's original loader, to selecting Force PAL in the loader, to selecting Force NTSC. I have performed a search, and have looked at several pages in various threads, but I find no useful information. I don't want to have to look at 350+ pages across 5 threads for the answer, so if someone could just tell me directly it would be fantastic.

Also, what do the hooktype settings do?

Sorry for the questions that has most likely been asked, but I just can't find solid answers.

Another quick question: My Wii is 3.2U, and except for Backup Loader Beta 0.3 and the cIOS included with it on the first page of this thread, it is relatively untouched (NAND-wise, I have a lot of SD homebrew). Is it safe to use the Backup Loader's cIOS in conjunction with Starfall, DVDx and Wii Shop/IOS51 Installer, or will this cause problems?

Last thing: With the next loader (0.3 gamma?) will there be a new cIOS, and will it just replace the old one, or will I have to remove it and then add another one?

Nautilart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most of my pals work on force ntsc two or three are not getting passed initial startup but im using 3.2u and no special cables

does anybody know if after the initial launch of the launcher am i safe to remove the sd card or is it working with data off the card

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Praetor192 said:
A question that I have been wondering about for a while now is if I want to play a PAL game on an NTSC Wii, how do I do it? I have heard various different answers, such as using special cables as with Waninkoko's original loader, to selecting Force PAL in the loader, to selecting Force NTSC. I have performed a search, and have looked at several pages in various threads, but I find no useful information. I don't want to have to look at 350+ pages across 5 threads for the answer, so if someone could just tell me directly it would be fantastic.

Also, what do the hooktype settings do?

Sorry for the questions that has most likely been asked, but I just can't find solid answers.

Another quick question: My Wii is 3.2U, and except for Backup Loader Beta 0.3 and the cIOS included with it on the first page of this thread, it is relatively untouched (NAND-wise, I have a lot of SD homebrew). Is it safe to use the Backup Loader's cIOS in conjunction with Starfall, DVDx and Wii Shop/IOS51 Installer, or will this cause problems?

Last thing: With the next loader (0.3 gamma?) will there be a new cIOS, and will it just replace the old one, or will I have to remove it and then add another one?

Ok the whole pal ntsc thing really depends on several factors from your display to your cables to the hooktype.
If your display doesnt support pal your screen will go black and white when playing pal games without forcing ntsc. If your display is capable of pal and ntsc then just run the games without forcing any video mode. If you can only display ntsc you have to force ntsc and hope the game is fully compatible with being forced at this time. Hooktypes don't seem to matter with the .3 loader. with the .1 loader gc or disabled were most compatible. Hooktypes are ways the program takes control of system processes. Your safe i have all of those installed with no issues at all. .3 gamma i would assume that yes it will be a new cios, but if its like last time it will overwrite the current for you. hope this helps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P