Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008... yes, 8... works now... kinda...

If you load it with the Disc Channel, it still gives error, but load it from Backup channel, works fine.

Harvey Birdman still errors on load (eject, power off)

Boogie SuperStar - Pal - 001 error from disc channel, loads fine from Backup Channel
Disney Sing It! 001 error from disc channel, loads fine from Backup Channel

I will have to test all my games over agian tonight to make a more complete list...

africansk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this is an extremely n00b question, but I'm not sure how to go about installing this. I haven't updated my Wii from Nintendo's updates since before the Oct. 23rd update, I also don't have any cIOS or IOS's installed (I don't even know what they are/what they do/what the difference between the two is), but I do have the homebrew channel. I downloaded the zip file from the first page of this thread, but I think I may need to download some other things. Anyone want to tell me what to do next?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It says how to right in the README file...

Put the 2 folders in your APPS folder for the HBC to read...

Install the cIOS first... you only have to do this once...

Then run the backup launcher

africansk8er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
It says how to right in the README file...

Put the 2 folders in your APPS folder for the HBC to read...

Install the cIOS first... you only have to do this once...

Then run the backup launcher
Do you need to put a cIOS wad anywhere? I think I read that somewhere...

Aircraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SWEET! I like the new look. I still have no idea what the loading from Disc Chanel thing is, I load all of the backups from the Backup Chanel, is there another way now? I missed something....

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you don't know what is the Disc Channel?

it means you can boot a game like it's an official game..... not a dvd-r backup.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Matt Cese said:
Thank you Wiigator and Waninkoko. Star Wars FU (1:1) works perfectly now. Unfortunately Red Steel (1:1) does not, maybe it will in the next version. Thanks again.
Honestly the only non-working game worth buying now is MoH H2, and if you want you can get Red Steel for really cheap at a used game store. Seriously, it is almost as cheap as pirating and you get a case. I got RS for $4.50 CND at EB games, with case and manual...

Great work WiiGator, looking forward to trying it out... once I get some free time in 4 days after working nonstop. Glad to hear Scarface is working, can't wait!

Also, can someone tell me the steps to getting Disaster to work on an NTSC Wii 3.2 with regular RCA (red yellow white) cables? Do I have to brickblock, remove the update, etc?

DirtyHippy420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my NTSC copy of Mario Strikers works now , sweet!

but for some reason i still cant load any games from the disk channel but they run perfectly from the backup launcher in the homebrew channel....

Havoc_012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good job 'Gator. Backup Launcher just keeps getting better and better.
grog.gif

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome work wiigator/waninkoko. i think we'd all love to hear more about how you fixed the read errors and got the disc channel to properly load games.

mynoud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,
This seems to be a really great piece of work. I'm sorry to bother you but i'd like to know if the CIOS Installer is compatible with SD HC cards (4GB) , like the hbc. Because if it isn't, maybe there could be some errors and I don't want to take risks with that kind of activity. Thanks
Sincerly,
mynoud

Aircraft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aircraft said:
SWEET! I like the new look. I still have no idea what the loading from Disc Chanel thing is, I load all of the backups from the Backup Chanel, is there another way now? I missed something....

QUOTE(kevenz @ Nov 14 2008, 07:19 PM) you don't know what is the Disc Channel?

it means you can boot a game like it's an official game..... not a dvd-r backup.

I know that, but how do you make the Disc Chanel open a backup? It says Unable to Read Disc, but it works fine with the Backup Chanel. Is there a patch I'm missing? I can use the Backup Chanel, or use it from the Homebrew Chanel, is something I'm missing to make a backup launch from the Disc Chanel?

EDIT:
I tried this part again, after watching the video I may have done it wrong:

Q: How do I start a game from the disc channel?
A: You need to start Backup Launcher and press button "B" (See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGU52_ttd9o&fmt=18). The NAND flash is not changed for this feature. The support works until you go back to the Wii System Menu or reset the Wii. The feature may not work, if you have Starfall installed.

But it still doesn't work, it sais Rebooting With Hooks, but I can not launch the backup with Disc Chanel.

Thanks for the updates and all of the hard work guys!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No that's his normal twin +1