Best DS flash Cart?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After a decade my Acekard 2i is starting to kick the bucket..it keeps freezing randomly when playing pokemon and I tried the guide here to fix it. Didn't work. So I'm wondering what's a good Flash Cart to get? would really prefer one with built in cheats like the acekard 2i but it's not mandatory.

anotherthing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace3DS X is my choice. There's still easy to find software for it, it does ntrboot with the flip of a switch, doesn't seem to mind larger MicroSD cards so long as they're formatted with FAT32, and so on. The only thing I don't like is that the menu only seems to support 20 icons on it's "home screen".

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
After a decade my Acekard 2i is starting to kick the bucket..it keeps freezing randomly when playing pokemon and I tried the guide here to fix it. Didn't work. So I'm wondering what's a good Flash Cart to get? would really prefer one with built in cheats like the acekard 2i but it's not mandatory.
Maybe replace the microSD card or patch the Pokemon ROMs with NDS-Scene Tool, since they contain anti-piracy checks.

Get the latest AKAIO kernel, too. https://flashcard-archive.ds-homebrew.com/acekard.com/AceKard_2i/

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
  • Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

Quore

Racing Games Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
music.youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
And its hard to find a DS Lite that at least works 2nd-hand. Its a bit of a gamble.
unfortunatly my Lite has some screen isssues and I didnt had a pc, and i was real noob to look after some solution

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
unfortunatly my Lite has some screen isssues and I didnt had a pc, and i was real noob to look after some solution
Maybe make a thread about it. I'll try to answer some of your problems.

Reactions: Blythe93 and Quore

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I still have two Acekard 2i, three DSTWO and one Blue Gateway flashcarts. When I did order new flashcarts before and notice something light dirty on gold pins due to human hand fingers touched on it before and I cleaned them before put in my Nintendo DS/DS Lite/3DS XL and working good. They are work fine. I did put all 3 operating system files (Acekard 2i, DSTWO and Blue Gateway) on one 32 GB SanDisk microSD and work perfect for all 3 flashcart operating systems together without problems also detect save data from all 3 different flashcarts to start load game where I left off.

But DSTWO flashcard is best than all other because of faster CPU speed but drain more power on battery. Keep plug power in Nintendo system to keep recharge battery and play game at same time when LED light is red or flashing/blinking red to green.

Please note on some flashcarts if are new or used, check if gold pins are dirty with oily, dust and other dirty debris must clean out. Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol rubbing to clean oily, dust and dirty debris off from gold pins should help.

Also some Acekard 2i flashcarts do have contact issues then use paper trick under circuit board where gold pins are on top, put paper under then should able to detect when turn hardware power on and start play game.

B-)

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to mention I'm playing on a DS lite, If that matters.
This does, because some flashcarts don't work on newer DS models (DSi / 3DS) without software mods (cartridge blacklist).

what's a legit site to buy flash carts from
AliExpress - The Chinese Ebay, if you're frugal, patient and wary of certain sellers.

Otherwise your only option is Ebay or Amazon (which will be overpriced).

but I heard there's a lot of fakes.
They're all "fakes".

The only "genuine" one is the EZ Flash Parallel.

Maybe I could just settle for another acekard 2i then? where can I get one? do they still ship to Canada?
Ebay is your friend.

Don't expect to get one new.

This question has been beat to death in the past (with no one seemingly bothering to see if it has been answered before) with multiple answers.

The "best" flashcart you can get that is available on the market right now, is the DSONE.

These can sometimes come DOA with PSRAM errors, but the kernel is the best overall in terms of experience, and YSMenu can be used instead, should it come DOA.

Otherwise the only other flashcarts available are the Ace3DS / R4i clones. They all work basically the same and use the same base kernel (a very old version of WoodR4) and certain ones will brick if YSMenu is loaded.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does the Ace3DS X have built in cheat support? do they still sell the acekard 2i on websites that aren't eBay? the ones on eBay all seem expensive.

Last edited by kbf,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
get an "EZ Flash DS parallel" imo. This is a new cart but EZ-Flash teams has a reputation of supporting they products if you looking for something new.

Reactions: anotherthing

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
And its hard to find a DS Lite that at least works 2nd-hand. Its a bit of a gamble.
I have no problem finding working USA units here. Even if the screens are bunk, I can replace them for cheap and calibrate them to not flicker.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey yo. Need to know if the ace3DS X has built in cheats before I consider buying one. I looked it up and can't seem to find anything that confirms it.

I did check the thread linked here and I'm still not sure which card to get. I got comfortable with how the acekard 2i works but like this thread has mentioned they're not really sold anymore except for sites like eBay. build quality and battery drain are something I care about but built in cheats are the biggest selling point for me as like I said I mostly just play pokemon on it (I do plan to play other DS games though) anti-piracy patches are nice to as I think Pokemon HGSS needs them applied but don't quote me on that as I can't recall. I personally can't stand playing the DS pokemon games without certain cheats enabled. HGSS for example has a lot of QOL cheats and the ability to get any pokemon I want for when I'm doing certain types of runs I want to do.

So I guess it's between the ace3DS X, EZ Flash DS parallel, or the supercard dstwo. For the DStwo all the links under Canadian retailers(I'm from Canada) are either dead or don't load: http://eng.supercard.sc/Dealer.html

Last edited by kbf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rlaPHOENiX, Don't say the n word here Fine I guess