[BFWWIWA] Issue #2 - Sony PSVita

Which system would you like to see covered in the next BFWWIWA issue?

• Nintendo Gamecube

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Nintendo Game Boy Colour

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Nintendo Game Boy Advance

• Nintendo DS

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Nintendo 3DS

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • Sony PlayStation

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sony PlayStation 2

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Sony PlayStation 3

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Sony PSP

• Sega Master System

• Sega Mega Drive/Genesis

• Atari 2600

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • The Classic Amiga Line (500/600/1200)

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • PC - A Personal RETRO-spective

Votes: 12 7.6%

• Total voters

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also damn those memory card prices 2 hell :evil:
I have to agree that the prices of the memory cards are extortionist, but I can understand why that's the case - for the hardware offered, $199 is a low price to pay and the memory cards are supposed to allow Sony to bounce back. I'll have to take a note of that in the article, incoming edit. :P

Reactions: Gaming4Ever

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good article as the usual, Foxi. I would buy a Vita if I had money after reading this, anyways, I hope that the next article will be about the Master System, it is underrated as hell by most people. :(

Reactions: Foxi4

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have to agree that the prices of the memory cards are extortionist, but I can understand why that's the case - for the hardware offered, $199 is a low price to pay and the memory cards are supposed to allow Sony to bounce back.
But the cards were there and they were expensive back when the Vita cost $299 too. They were an extortion method from the start. Yes, they are a way for Sony to bounce back, but as a consumer, meh, they could have used microSD cards, the cheap bastards :glare:

Reactions: Nightwish and Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But the cards were there and they were expensive back when the Vita cost $299 too. They were an extortion method from the start.
That's true, which is why I added that point to the article now. It just wasn't a big deal to me at the time of writing the piece because I bought a 32GB card straight away and the purchase has since returned itself tenfold with Instant Game Collection games it stores. :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So im guessing we are never gonna find out what the mystery port on the 1000 models is for?

Was really hoping $ony would just release a Video output HDMI cable we all want seeing as they seem to be promoting the Playstation TV all but killing off the 1000 & 2000 models.....ah what a world :cry:

Yifan lu pretty much "discovered" what the mystery port would be for by the pinout/the traces. It is most likely a USB OTG connector, most likely for peripherals as Foxi suggested, but was canned at the last second.

Reactions: Ryukouki

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have quite a few games i have purchased on PSN and gotten thru my PS+ subscription but ATM only have 2x 4GB and 1x 8GB memory cards and its a Pain in the Hole to keep deleting,removing,restarting,redownloading when i wanna play multiple games in a day :angry: owning a Vita requires patience also it seems

But man do i love my OLED screen :wub:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have quite a few games i have purchased on PSN and gotten thru my PS+ subscription but ATM only have 2x 4GB and 1x 8GB memory cards and its a Pain in the Hole to keep deleting,removing,restarting,redownloading when i wanna play multiple games in a day :angry: owning a Vita requires patience also it seems But man do i love my OLED screen :wub:
I don't know if it'll make you feel any better, but due to Instant Game Collection games alone I go through the exact same ritual every single month and I own a 32GB card. There's just too many gaems to handle! ;O;

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah too many no geamz :tpi:

64GB is whut im craving hopefully we see some discount/price drop sooner than later......Will the P-TV need memory cards for games or is it just streaming???

That should be reason alone for $ony to lower the bounty on these suckers.......

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still to this day I'm uninterested with Vita's library and between PSP and Vita's catalogue, PSP's got me covered more so than Vita. Sony did a better job with PSP than Vita, imo.
The PSP is indeed a fantastic handheld with a great library of games. My only gripes with it are the single analog slider (that thing can mutilate your thumb, it's *so* uncomfortable!) and the UMD drive (optical media on portable devices are never a good idea, nu-uh), but thankfuly the latter problem can be solved by keeping your games on a memory stick.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for bringing justice to one of my favorite handhelds, Foxi! :cry:

Too bad Sony doesn't love the Vita as much as I do. *sigh* oh well. *goes back to waiting for all the Vita games I preordered*

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Sony just needs to make Vita the PS4 GamePad and then kill it off from competing against Nintendo's 3DS. Then next time they just need to make sure that their new PlayStation portable system won't be a failure like Vita was.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony just needs to make Vita the PS4 GamePad and then kill it off from competing against Nintendo's 3DS. Then next time they just need to make sure that their new PlayStation portable system won't be a failure like Vita was.

I'm pretty sure the Vita will be Sony's last handheld. :(
I would loooooooove for them to do another handheld though.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Sony will do another handheld they just can't repeat any of the mistakes that they did with the PS3 launch and PSVITA launch. That being they were soo expensive. They just need to stick with what they do like what they did with the PS4. The PS4 does not have very many good games but Sony has sold alot to people with the promise there will be alot of good games.

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't know what's worse, the vita's library or your taste in video games.

All jokes aside, I was "this" close to getting one. BestBuy was having some discounts in both the system and the memory cards, but at the end of they, seeing the library and my other needs, I went for a tablet, lulz. Comics galore!

At that time (Dec. 2013) just Tearaway piqued my interest. I played it a little bit in the store, wasn't my cup of tea. So that being said, there's nothing going on for me with the Vita.

btw, can't see the Wii U in the poll.

Reactions: Nightwish

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Tastes are like assholes - everybody has one, but when you start flaunting about yours, all it amounts to is a lot of putrid stench. ;O;
All jokes aside, I was "this" close to getting one. BestBuy was having some discounts in both the system and the memory cards, but at the end of they, saying the library and my other needs, I went for a tablet, lulz.
To be fair, the mobile market has quite a bit to offer these days as well, I wouldn't knock that solution, especially with emulators in mind.
At that time (Dec. 2013) just Tearaway piqued my interest. I played it a little bit in the store, wasn't my cup of tea. So that being said, there's nothing going on for me with the Vita.
Maybe you should have a good browse through the games list, there's a lot of good stuff on the platform, even if developer interest is rather lukewarm.
I don't own a Wii U, I only list the systems I personally own so that I can judge them fairly. My girlfriend does, but I don't want to write about a console I have no hands-on experience with to date. Maybe after I give it a good go.

Reactions: natkoden

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

All jokes aside, I was "this" close to getting one. BestBuy was having some discounts in both the system and the memory cards, but at the end of they, seeing the library and my other needs, I went for a tablet, lulz. Comics galore!

Foxi only writes up systems that he owns. As such, he doesn't own a Wii U.

Well, that and the fact there's absolutely no reason to own a Wii U ;O;

Reactions: Ryukouki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the latin american fox feed doesnt air news, it airs movies and tv shows
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: