Boot2vWii Precompiled?

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh... So I found the folders you said. Took the numbers from the folders you sent me towards. Made two sets of files to run, they both failed. @Brawl345 do you think you could jump in and give some thoughts? @godreborn has been very patient with me.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
TitleID for Open Homebrew Channel is "OHBC". "LULZ" is for the Homebrew Channel installed through the HackMii Installer. The exact TitleID for toe Open Homebrew Channel is 000100014f484243, so this will work:

make TIDLOW=0x4f484243 APP_NAME="Homebrew Channel" AUTHOR="Team Twiizzers" ICON="hbc.png"

(ICON should be a path to a 128x128 PNG)

EDIT: Added "0x" in front of the TIDLOW, sorry.

Last edited by Brawl345,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sigh... So I found the folders you said. Took the numbers from the folders you sent me towards. Made two sets of files to run, they both failed. @Brawl345 do you think you could jump in and give some thoughts? @godreborn has been very patient with me.
one thing I discovered is that it won't create a wuhb if you don't have an icon present, at least if you tell you use the command that calls for an icon. anyway, are you using an rpx or wuhb?

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Deleted because its been fixed up above.

And I do have a PNG file that I'm using. I took your Wiiflow icon, duplicated it, and pasted a image ontop of it. I have been using wuhb files. I'll go do some tests.

Last edited by Sowden,

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, swing and a miss. Here is an image of what I am typing. What am I doing wrong here? It has to be the way I'm rendering this, right?

Attachments

• whatamIdoingwrong.png
    whatamIdoingwrong.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 54

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Swing and a miss once again. The first image is where you sent me to, the second one is my rendering code. I have a WAD file I used to install HBC, let me find a program that will tell me the ID letters of the WAD I used.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-120606.png
    Screenshot_20220920-120606.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 51
  • whatamIdoingwrong1.png
    whatamIdoingwrong1.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 45

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummmmm, this is what I have in my modules folder for Aroma.

Attachments

• whatamIdoingwrong2.png
    whatamIdoingwrong2.png
    291.4 KB · Views: 50

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so it has to be something with me. I just downloaded the latest HBC from Fix94.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel/Homebrew_Channel_1.1.4
https://github.com/FIX94/hbc

I installed it using YAWMM. Wiibrew says that its OBHC, which put into the hex calculator comes out with "4F 48 42 43" Now from my phone photo above, from the folder you directed me to, that would be the second folder that is listed. I put that code in, and it didn't work. And yes, the Bloopair program opens, NUSspil opens, and I think the Payloader wuhb program opens. Again, it has to be something with the way I am rendering it. I am going to uninstall devkitPro and all that I installed to start fresh. Now is it so that devkitPPC is no longer available? Because the boot2vwii readme says it needs devkitPPC. And how do I download wut and wut-tools? I am told to type in command lines, but every time I do it stops me at the line "sudo" I hope something will fix itself once I start fresh.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so it has to be something with me. I just downloaded the latest HBC from Fix94.

https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel/Homebrew_Channel_1.1.4
https://github.com/FIX94/hbc

I installed it using YAWMM. Wiibrew says that its OBHC, which put into the hex calculator comes out with "4F 48 42 43" Now from my phone photo above, from the folder you directed me to, that would be the second folder that is listed. I put that code in, and it didn't work. And yes, the Bloopair program opens, NUSspil opens, and I think the Payloader wuhb program opens. Again, it has to be something with the way I am rendering it. I am going to uninstall devkitPro and all that I installed to start fresh. Now is it so that devkitPPC is no longer available? Because the boot2vwii readme says it needs devkitPPC. And how do I download wut and wut-tools? I am told to type in command lines, but every time I do it stops me at the line "sudo" I hope something will fix itself once I start fresh.
I could build it for you, and we could see if it works. I know my old one works, but it's for a different version of hbc. send me your icon if you want to do that.

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot guys. I tried to send a PM Godreborn but for some reason it wouldn't let me. Here is my icon.

Attachments

• hbc.png
    hbc.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 66

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try this (fingers crossed).
Hallelujah! It worked! I'm telling you, it had to be something in the way I was rendering it. Thank you so much for having the patience to work with me. It works just as it should. Oh yeah, and sorry for hijacking this thread. You all may now return to your regularly scheduled programing.

Reactions: godreborn

Sowden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* I can't believe that I'm here again, because now I have a totally different problem. So I wanted to make one for Wiiflow because thats the program I use the most to load Wii games. I uninstalled and reinstalled devkitpro two or three different times, downloaded all of the wiiu-dev tools using he pacman line command. And I was finally able to compile a Wiiflow wuhb, great! I then wanted to make a USB Loader GX because I use that program from time to time. But now every time I compile a new wuhb, they all redirect me to Wiiflow. I even tired making a Homebrew Channel one but it also directed me to Wiiflow. Its a good problem to have, but I would like to have a few more Wii programs in my Wii U menu if I could. This is the code I'm typing. Again, what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• whatamIdoingwrong2.png
    whatamIdoingwrong2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 62

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that looks right, but I don't use msys to make them. I usually use cmd prompt. here's one for usb loader gx. I think this is the right one as I didn't rename it from boot2vwii, the default name:

Attachments

• USB Loader GX.zip
    25.5 KB · Views: 71

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email