Hacking Bootmii took out my controller functionality =(

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had trouble playing a backup of Scarface, and since I was running 4.0U, I decided to do the update to 4.1U.

Everything seemed to go ok. I followed the guide to install BootMii, it got installed to boot2. I used DOP IOS MOD to install IOS's and the System Menu, etc. to bring it to 4.1, following the guide.

I rebooted back to the homescreen. The BootMii screen comes up, but now, I cannot select anything. The controller just blinks and doesn't respond. Am I missing something ???? Did I do something wrong ????

Am I supposed to set it up with a GC controller first ???? I tried searching, but nothing revelant came up. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiimotes never worked in BootMii. The FAQ at bootmii.org says that much.

What you do is configure the BootMii.ini so that it autoboots directly to the system menu or HBC after a certain amount of time. You can get an app called the BootMii Configuration Editor to do that for you.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Or rename the bootmii folder on the SD card to bootyou
wink.gif

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That all worked. Thanks for the replies everyone. Alternatively, if you take out the SD card, the system boots fine as well.

Now everything is configured, but I can't get Scarface to play through the disc channel. I can get it to play via Neogamma, but its black and white.

Is there somewhere I can go to verify what IOS/versions of it Im supposed to have ???? I've been out of the scene for awhile and I just get confused with all this cIOS corp and all this other stuff.

I just want things to play via disc channel. I have WiiKey v1, and I don't mind installing IOS' as WADs manually, or running a Safe Firmware update.

I recall there being an app that basically goes back and downgrades your IOS' etc. Will this help me in this case ???? I just want things to run normally.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black and white usually means that you're playing something in PAL on and NTSC system. So force NTSC in Neogamma.

I don't think you'll be able to play it in the disc channel since it can't force region settings.

mexiken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be able to play the game in the disc channel just fine, but ever since I did a few IOS updates to get Modern Combat to play (which sucked btw), I cant get Scarface to play.

I will try forcing NTSC now.

Update: Forcing NTSC did not work. I get a green screen, and then it freezes.

Heres something interesting: I updated all my IOS' with DIP MOD to all the most current versions (applying all hash patches and NAND permissions when applicable) and System Menu to 4.1 as well and now when I pop in Modern Combat and New Super Mario, they both are asking for a "system update" through the Disc Channel. This wasn't happening before until I did this update to 4.1.

Anyone have any idea ???? I'm thinking I've got an old version (or, too new a version) on one of the IOS. I have no idea which one though. Can anyone help, or point me to where I can look that up ???? I don't mind going through them one by one to update them to the correct versions of each IOS, but taking a stab at them and hoping I get them right is kinda silly. Anyone have any insight they can share ????

P.S. Neogamma does only B&W even after the force NTSC and the latest version of Gecko OS gives me a green screen and then freezes, it will not load the game. Hope that helps.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mexiken said:
I rebooted back to the homescreen. The BootMii screen comes up, but now, I cannot select anything. The controller just blinks and doesn't respond. Am I missing something ???? Did I do something wrong ????

Am I supposed to set it up with a GC controller first ???? I tried searching, but nothing revelant came up.
Because you didnt search the README. Maybe if it had said freetits.txt people would read it. Aslo if you force ntsc and enable vidtv patch and some times, patch country settings will give you color again. I had a rip of pal scarface a while back and it froze up at the same sot everytime. I got a new rip and it worked fine, so maybe you have the same iso as I did

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And you too :) +1