Can someone please help me with my Wii U?

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for coming to my post. There was a new Wii U update a couple days ago and I turned on my Wii U to update it but I've had some serious issues. When I looked up the error codes it gave me I realized every single mention of those error codes on the internet has to do with someone using some kind of modded system. I've never modded any system ever and wouldn't even know how to start. I got my Wii U second hand so it's possible that mine was modded in the past. So I came here hoping that someone can help me if that's okay because I really do not want to have to buy a whole new Wii U console. THANKS.

I can still technically connect to the internet because the internet browser on it still works. But in order to access things like the eShop or download an update for a game I have to download the latest Wii U software update 5.5.6 from a few days ago. It says "Error Code 102-2511. In order to use online services, a system update is required. Go to System Settings perform a system update. Do you want to update now?" I select yes. Then I get. "Error Code 105-3012 An error has occurred. Please delete this data in Download Management and try downloading it again." I select ok and it asks me the first question again. A never ending loop of asking me to update and never working.

I have no idea what to do can someone here please help? ):

Reactions: Alexander1970

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for coming to my post. There was a new Wii U update a couple days ago and I turned on my Wii U to update it but I've had some serious issues. When I looked up the error codes it gave me I realized every single mention of those error codes on the internet has to do with someone using some kind of modded system. I've never modded any system ever and wouldn't even know how to start. I got my Wii U second hand so it's possible that mine was modded in the past. So I came here hoping that someone can help me if that's okay because I really do not want to have to buy a whole new Wii U console. THANKS.

I can still technically connect to the internet because the internet browser on it still works. But in order to access things like the eShop or download an update for a game I have to download the latest Wii U software update 5.5.6 from a few days ago. It says "Error Code 102-2511. In order to use online services, a system update is required. Go to System Settings perform a system update. Do you want to update now?" I select yes. Then I get. "Error Code 105-3012 An error has occurred. Please delete this data in Download Management and try downloading it again." I select ok and it asks me the first question again. A never ending loop of asking me to update and never working.

Did you already did an update yourself? (Ex: did the update to 5.5.5 were normal and you had the Wii u with another version)

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to check if User99947 currently has some type of cfw installed on their Wii U? I'm not familiar with any pre-Tiramisu cfw but I want to say you need to uninstall at least certain types of cfw before Tiramisu can be installed, right?

How long have you owned this Wii U, by the way? Have you downloaded lots of games?

It's possible there was never cfw installed on this console, the error code isn't exclusively associated with cfw (usually it is, but not always). Did you try navigating to System Settings and Data Management like the system asked you to do? You'll probably have to select a negative answer when you get the error code 102-2511, then select the icon on the home screen that looks like a wrench. When in the settings menu, go one option to the right to a screen that says Data Management and select that. Then select Copy/Move/Delete Data, and select System Memory (assuming you're not using a USB device for storage -- if you are, disconnect it while the system is powered off first -- don't disconnect it while powered on). If there's something the system considers unnecessary, it'll prompt you to delete unnecessary data when you select that option. Do it. It shouldn't take too long, but it can potentially hang at the start. Assuming it doesn't hang and deletes it successfully, get out of Data Management and scroll almost all the way to the right, the second to last option is System Update. Try updating it again and see if that works.

If it hangs, you'll probably have to turn off the Wii U with the power button on the console. I don't know if this is "safe" or not, but I had to do this once, and nothing seemed to be damaged by it -- but that was a USB drive without system files on it that I was trying to delete unnecessary data on. So, if you're not sure it's safe either, you can ask someone else for advice before you try this.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to install cfw to delete and recreate the update folder, which has fixed this error for others in the past based on searches I've done. Luckily there are guides for installing cfw and the whole process is pretty painless, it's very simple and very easy to do, and it's reversible too if you'd rather not use cfw for some reason after using it to fix your Wii U. I hope you manage to fix it though! Not being able to download updates for games you own is a real hassle.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP

is there anything in download manager you can delete?

MXRD4K1LL4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the help but unfortunately I don't know the first thing about modding
You should install cfw on it. (Tiramisu,or haxchi and chbc but i don't recommend it, i recommend installing tiramisu, chbc can cause bricks easily.) Actually it's easy, you just have to find a tuto "how to install tiramisu" and you'll just have to put some files on SD card and go to a website on your Wii u and that's already it. (There's some other things you should do after for Wii u working good) and plus you'll be able to install games free, and without accessing the eshop. (And plenty of others)

xoINARIox

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

It could also be that the previous owner deleted the update folder.......in any case it would make the most sense to mod the console (don't worry, it's really very easy)

https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/

If you have modded it you can use the Homebrew UFDiine to restore the update folder

https://github.com/GaryOderNichts/UFDiine/releases/tag/v1.1

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to check if User99947 currently has some type of cfw installed on their Wii U? I'm not familiar with any pre-Tiramisu cfw but I want to say you need to uninstall at least certain types of cfw before Tiramisu can be installed, right?

How long have you owned this Wii U, by the way? Have you downloaded lots of games?

It's possible there was never cfw installed on this console, the error code isn't exclusively associated with cfw (usually it is, but not always). Did you try navigating to System Settings and Data Management like the system asked you to do? You'll probably have to select a negative answer when you get the error code 102-2511, then select the icon on the home screen that looks like a wrench. When in the settings menu, go one option to the right to a screen that says Data Management and select that. Then select Copy/Move/Delete Data, and select System Memory (assuming you're not using a USB device for storage -- if you are, disconnect it while the system is powered off first -- don't disconnect it while powered on). If there's something the system considers unnecessary, it'll prompt you to delete unnecessary data when you select that option. Do it. It shouldn't take too long, but it can potentially hang at the start. Assuming it doesn't hang and deletes it successfully, get out of Data Management and scroll almost all the way to the right, the second to last option is System Update. Try updating it again and see if that works.

If it hangs, you'll probably have to turn off the Wii U with the power button on the console. I don't know if this is "safe" or not, but I had to do this once, and nothing seemed to be damaged by it -- but that was a USB drive without system files on it that I was trying to delete unnecessary data on. So, if you're not sure it's safe either, you can ask someone else for advice before you try this.

If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to install cfw to delete and recreate the update folder, which has fixed this error for others in the past based on searches I've done. Luckily there are guides for installing cfw and the whole process is pretty painless, it's very simple and very easy to do, and it's reversible too if you'd rather not use cfw for some reason after using it to fix your Wii U. I hope you manage to fix it though! Not being able to download updates for games you own is a real hassle.
Thank you for your help. I just bought a SD card at the store and I'm going to try to do install what you're talking about and recreate the update folder. It tells me to delete the data, but when I go to download managment and data management there's nothing there to delete ): As far as I know this system has never been modded.

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Kopimist

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Im currently on the dumping process I think thats what its called so far so good :) using tirasmu. Im going to try that recrreate the update folder thing you all said. Thank you I hope this works.

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good luck, hope it works, keep us updated.
Yay I'm pretty sure I did everything I need to do. I followed the guide. I think I have everything installed now I need to figure out how to recreate the update folder. Do you know anyone who knows how?

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you gotta do is follow this section of the guide https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/unblock-updates

Assuming you enabled autoboot, you'll have to disable it (covered in the default tab in the above link), then switch to the "Recreating Update Folder" tab in the same link and follow those instructions to install UFDiine on your SD card. If when you launch UFDiine the update folder is there, delete it and recreate it (just press A button twice). If you launch and there is no update folder, just create a new one. Then you can do the update normally.

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you gotta do is follow this section of the guide https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/unblock-updates

Assuming you enabled autoboot, you'll have to disable it (covered in the default tab in the above link), then switch to the "Recreating Update Folder" tab in the same link and follow those instructions to install UFDiine on your SD card. If when you launch UFDiine the update folder is there, delete it and recreate it (just press A button twice). If you launch and there is no update folder, just create a new one. Then you can do the update normally.
Thank you. I have followed the steps up until step 4. It says "Enter the Homebrew Launcher." what is that? THANKS

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you are already in Tiramisu, Mii Maker. If you launch Mii Maker and it just loads Mii Maker, then select the Health & Safety Information app instead to launch Tiramisu. If you haven't set defaults yet, you'll have to select Tiramisu and Wii U menu. Then when you get to the menu, select Mii Maker. Don't start the Health & Safety app if you're already in Tiramisu though.

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you are already in Tiramisu, Mii Maker. If you launch Mii Maker and it just loads Mii Maker, then select the Health & Safety Information app instead to launch Tiramisu. If you haven't set defaults yet, you'll have to select Tiramisu and Wii U menu. Then when you get to the menu, select Mii Maker. Don't start the Health & Safety app if you're already in Tiramisu though.
You're a huge help. Thank you!!!!

User99947

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I'm in the homebrew launcher, theres nothing there. How can I get UFDiine to appear there? THANKS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    sometimes I wonder where I went wrong and why I'm so dissatisfied with my life
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Then I find myself arguing with someone on reddit about how blatantly wrong their understanding of the USB Power Delivery specification is.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    At 1 AM.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where did I go wrong, again? 😕
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, What do you mean?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, always blame women
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Blame woke.
    Veho @ Veho: Blame woke.