Homebrew CFW Switch updated, showing no signs of life whatsoever.

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually that light happens when you dock it normally so no worries there. I'm sure that once the new Atmosphere comes out and you delete and refresh it and renew the sig patches with the new stuff it will be good as new. Keep trying though, if i was able to do it I'm sure yours can too.
Update
Took it to a local game store that agreed to work on modded switches (thank God it was only 30 minutes away) They said the APU chip was possibly damaged as there is nothing wrong with it and it would be 125 to repair it. Most likely due to a power surge coming into it too fast. Although idk how. It was only connected to the dock and the cable I use for file transfers from my pc (very low wattage as for this type of stuff to not happen, and my phone charger, while very high wattage, wasn't plugged into it until AFTER it had gone through the whole "I don't want to turn on" phase) They're gonna run tests on it when I come back when I get paid And I will update you guys when I get it back. And also about my phone charger, yes I used it before to charge it, but every time I used it, it was charging fine. Didn't seem like a huge issue. But maybe it was. I would've expected it to like... immediately shut off or something. But hey. I got at least something to work with now. I'll try new CFW when it comes out (if it comes out before I get paid And take it back here).

• Sad
Reactions: BigOnYa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update
Took it to a local game store that agreed to work on modded switches (thank God it was only 30 minutes away) They said the APU chip was possibly damaged as there is nothing wrong with it and it would be 125 to repair it. Most likely due to a power surge coming into it too fast. Although idk how. It was only connected to the dock and the cable I use for file transfers from my pc (very low wattage as for this type of stuff to not happen, and my phone charger, while very high wattage, wasn't plugged into it until AFTER it had gone through the whole "I don't want to turn on" phase) They're gonna run tests on it when I come back when I get paid And I will update you guys when I get it back. And also about my phone charger, yes I used it before to charge it, but every time I used it, it was charging fine. Didn't seem like a huge issue. But maybe it was. I would've expected it to like... immediately shut off or something. But hey. I got at least something to work with now. I'll try new CFW when it comes out (if it comes out before I get paid And take it back here).

Was it the official dock?

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it rebooted itself, then it came up with some screen saying something couldn't be read (I think it was something to do with the fusee file)
That doesn't sound like a video chip issue, you may be jumping the shark and be paying someone to do nothing with your switch....

Did it say something like

"Error tring to boot Atmosphere can't find package1"

Reactions: Kei00

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: got it working again. Something was wrong with the charging port and it apparently died while being turned off. I have another issue now though. Check my latest post to see if you can help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol