Homebrew CFW Switch updated, showing no signs of life whatsoever.

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. First post here. Yes, I tried everything from plugging it in and waiting like 3 hours for it to charge, yes I held the power button for over a minute then tried to turn it on, yes I tried connecting the Switch to Tegra, all to no avail.

As far as I'm aware, it updated and bricked my switch. before that though, it rebooted itself, then it came up with some screen saying something couldn't be read (I think it was something to do with the fusee file) so I just assumed I needed to update my CFW files and plug it back in. Coming back to it, fully kitted out with the latest hekate and atmosphere files... Nothing, no signs of life after I hit the reboot button, when I plug it in I don't get the little charging battery anymore. I tried to, just maybe to a fresh install with my jig, wiped all my files, and inserted it back, hoping rcm was active, and still nothing.

Please can anyone help me? I've been trying to figure this out now for (you guessed it) a little over 3 hours.

Additional info (AutoRCM was on beforehand, and no it wouldn't turn on after the fusee failing to be read page. Yes I still have all previous files backed up, yes drive is formatted, not to fat32 because my computer and the sd card don't want to, but exFat works just fine. And yes. I am definitely scared that I just full bricked my switch by complete accident.)

• Wow
Reactions: binkinator

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are firmware 16.0.0 there is no CFW at the moment.
Well that's just fantastic. But even then still doesn't solve the issue of my switch not booting any rcm at all anymore, I can't even get the battery symbol for charging to come up, I've tried like 7 different chargers (including dock and wall plug). I also can't get it to boot into it's regular state. So I'm guessing it's stuck in some sort of loop. But even holding the button down doesn't make any change to the status of the console.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that's just fantastic. But even then still doesn't solve the issue of my switch not booting any rcm at all anymore, I can't even get the battery symbol for charging to come up, I've tried like 7 different chargers (including dock and wall plug). I also can't get it to boot into it's regular state. So I'm guessing it's stuck in some sort of loop. But even holding the button down doesn't make any change to the status of the console.

It slow charge in RCM mode, so just keep it plug in with official charger.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then I guess I'll just put it on the dock. Is there any way to know when a new cfw will come out? or is it just a check periodically and pray?

Usually you can keep an eye on this twitter page, it has info if there is a new firmware, typically people wait it out not update when there is no CFW for that firmware.

Reactions: BigOnYa

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Usually you can keep an eye on this twitter page, it has info if there is a new firmware, typically people wait it out not update when there is no CFW for that firmware.

I wasn't actually meaning to update it at all, had a game open and closed it to make a backup of a save in jksv. Loaded jksv and wasn't thinking so I was just pressing the a button (because in monkey brain A button make loading go faster). And thus it updated before I could just turn the console off manually.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wasn't actually meaning to update it at all, had a game open and closed it to make a backup of a save in jksv. Loaded jksv and wasn't thinking so I was just pressing the a button (because in monkey brain A button make loading go faster). And thus it updated before I could just turn the console off manually.
if your on cfw you should have it set up not be connected to nintendos servers anyhow since as a bonus it blocks any update nags for games among other things.

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your on cfw you should have it set up not be connected to nintendos servers anyhow since as a bonus it blocks any update nags for games among other things.
I originally did. However, I connected to the internet to access the Homebrew Store so I could download jksv in the first place. I guess I forgot to turn it back off

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I originally did. However, I connected to the internet to access the Homebrew Store so I could download jksv in the first place. I guess I forgot to turn it back off
you can still connect to the internet with nintendos servers blocked to access stuff like the homebrew store/tinfoil since its blocking all of their servers and ip addresses

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can still connect to the internet with nintendos servers blocked to access stuff like the homebrew store/tinfoil since its blocking all of their servers and ip addresses
Well then I'm hoping it's just a matter of it not reading files. And not that my switch bricked itself. Because if it did that's yet another 300 down the drain.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son updated his by accident and I've been getting the same thing BUT I was able to hold the power button down for like four maybe five power cycles (when it brings the screen up with the error telling you to push power to restart) and was somehow able to get his back into RCM by holding down power untill it stopped restarting. Then I used fusee on Debian to boot it back into hekate 6.0.1. It may not be fully up and working but certainly not borked 100%. Hope this helps anyone.

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son updated his by accident and I've been getting the same thing BUT I was able to hold the power button down for like four maybe five power cycles (when it brings the screen up with the error telling you to push power to restart) and was somehow able to get his back into RCM by holding down power untill it stopped restarting. Then I used fusee on Debian to boot it back into hekate. It may not be fully up and working but certainly not borked 100%. Hope this helps anyone.
Did this already, didn't do anything for me. But definitely good advice for anyone with the issue.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this already, didn't do anything for me. But definitely good advice for anyone with the issue.
I'm as surprised that I was able to as well. My theory is it did something similar to the RGH on the 360. Just holding the power button down, spamming the reboot eventually hit the RCM trigger. Keep trying it should do the same I'd think.
I also took out the SD Card and ran Gparted on it and ran check disk on my main boot sector. I have 32 gig's shaved off for the emuMMC, then the remainder, it didn't detect anything wrong and I put it back in, Maybe that's why my result was different then yours.

Last edited by Chaoticus,

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm as surprised that I was able to as well. My theory is it did something similar to the RGH on the 360. Just holding the power button down, spamming the reboot eventually hit the RCM trigger. Keep trying it should do the same I'd think.
I also took out the SD Card and ran Gparted on it and ran check disk on my main boot sector. I have 32 gig's shaved off for the emuMMC, then the remainder, it didn't detect anything wrong and I put it back in, Maybe that's why my result was different then yours.
I can try running gparted. Was your switch plugged in when you were Spamming the power cycles?

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can try running gparted. Was your switch plugged in when you were Spamming the power cycles?

No, I took the card out. Then put it back in and then held it down in a bit of spite towards it and next thing I know it stopped popping the error screen back up. And holding down the power did nothing, so remembering what happens when you go into RCM mode I took the chance to plug the switch into my computer and just give it a try, and it worked thankfully.

I also just remembered I also deleted my atmosphere folder and replaced it as refresher too.

Last edited by Chaoticus,

HGPOfficial

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I took the card out and popped it into my computer.

SD is working just fine. However, when docked, the Switch makes the little green power charging thing go on for like a second and then it immediately flashes off. I'm pretty sure that either means the battery is full or it's absolutely so dead that it can't charge even if it wants to. Or something wrong with the actual hardware. But maybe just maybe I'm hoping atmosphere comes out with a new version soon and then the switch will turn on like normal. But I can't even get it to boot into rcm right now. So that's my biggest difficulty.

Chaoticus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually that light happens when you dock it normally so no worries there. I'm sure that once the new Atmosphere comes out and you delete and refresh it and renew the sig patches with the new stuff it will be good as new. Keep trying though, if i was able to do it I'm sure yours can too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone