XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
because you have cioscorp, u should use the cioscorp 3.x uninstaller, to get the download links u need to email da_letter_a's autoemail address

see the FIRST post!
QUOTE said:
As usual, I can't post links, but you can always email [email protected] to point you in the right direction.
then check out xzxero's simplistic mod on this forum, or the complete softmod guide, and follow that and you'll be fine, just start from the beginning and read the instructions

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just finished the uninstaller for cioscorp (thanks, da_letter_A!). Reinstalled cios38 rev 17. Then installed cioscorp 3.6. Installed WiiGator's mios + rev 14 dip. Went to the disc channel. Loaded up my disc for DSE, and though it took a while, it then recognized it fine. Loaded up disc 1 of Killer 7, immediately went to black screen "An error has occurred. Press eject to remove the disc, then turn off the Wii console and refer to the operations manual for help troubleshooting."

frown.gif

**UPDATE**

Well, running through the games I have on disc now...
Mario Galaxy - long load, but title showed up fine
RE: DSC - black screen
Killer 7 - black screen
Disaster: Day of Crisis - lots of 'clunking' from the DVD drive. Nothing. Go to the Disc Channel, and it says "unable to read disc". It did work before.
The Conduit - long load, but shows up on Disc Channel
Ghostbusters - same as conduit, except it won't go past the "health" screen for it
frown.gif

Punch Out! - ... does load up. A relief, considering it was one of the games that didn't want to load up before.
Metroid Prime 3 (NOT MP Trilogy) - lots of 'clunking' from the DVD drive, like with Disaster, and then black screen.
Excitebots - same as Metroid Prime 3
CoD4 reflex - probably one of the few (if not only) that loaded up just fine. No disc drive noise (beyond what a genuine disc would do), and shows right up on Disc Channel.
Super Paper Mario - thankfully loads up fine
House of the Dead: Overkill - long load, but finally did show up on Disc Channel now; another that black screened before.
Murasama: the Demon Blade - before I discovered about cIOScorp 3.5, it was the only one that did show up correctly on the Disc Channel. Now, it just black screens.
frown.gif

Freekstyle (GC) - showed right up on Disc Channel

Um...
wacko.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Strange results...

They're not very consistent...

Do you know what IOS each game is trying to use?
Are they the same region and video mode as your wii?
Do you have preloader or Stratpatch hacks?
if so, which ones do you have enabled?
Are any games patched to use IOS249?
What IOS is your System Menu running under?

I need more information.

Most import games will blackscreen due to a video mode conflict.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_letter_a said:
Strange results...

They're not very consistent...

Do you know what IOS each game is trying to use? No, I wouldn't know. If I knew how to find that out, I'd probably point that out, too.
Are they the same region and video mode as your wii? The only one that's a different region is Disaster: Day of Crisis, since it never actually came to the states (even though it was in English). That one is technically a PAL game, though it appears to run if I load up NeoGamma first.
Do you have preloader or Stratpatch hacks? The hacks I know I have from Startpatch 4.2.3 are Removing NoCopy Protection (all 5), (now) blocking disc updates, removing RXDX/etc blocking, and skipping the health screen.
Are any games patched to use IOS249? Not that I am aware of.
What IOS is your System Menu running under? I've been running System Menu 4.2

I need more information.

Most import games will blackscreen due to a video mode conflict.
Also, just finished burning and playing Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and now playing No More Heroes 2, and both of those run from the Disc Channel fine.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well that's probabaly why D:DoC won't work.

As for the others, I don't quite know....

Are you sure that the discs are perfect 1:1 dumps and are not bad or modified dumps?
Are you using good brand media like verbatim?
How old are the discs you are trying to test?
Are you using a good brand burner?
What is the condition of your laser?
Did you dump the games yourself?

Resident Evil: the Darkside Chronicles and Metroid Prime 3 (burnt version, legit MP3 has a problem) should work fine.
My NTSC copy of MP3 is working fine for me.

I always dump my games myself, so that I know that they're good dumps, as I'm not sure about scene releases.

And depending on how old your burned copies are, you may have to reburn if the disc is scratched or really old.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around here, you're lucky to even see Verbatims being sold anywhere, much less at a discount. Most of the time, Memorex is the only choice that can be bought; but I'd found a deal on some Sony DVD+R's that I'd been using. Book Type set @ DVD-ROM. have to rely on scene releases because the closest blockbuster to me now is more than 20 miles away, which is absurd for renting personally.

Discs themselves are less than a year old.

Samsung DVD burner that's been rock solid, been using it for PS2 games, Wii games, and hopefully soon, 360 games.

Not sure how I find out the condition of the laser, but I did get the Wii cleaning kit that Nintendo sells now to help keep that thing cleaned.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is getting stupid...

Now my freshly burned copy of NMH2 is sending me to that goddamned black screen too instead of loading up. Same with TvC.

Damn it... now what do I do?

**UPDATE**

This stuff is just getting weirder and weirder.

Loaded up NeoGamma, double-checked some settings, and then hit the "use rebooter" option.

Now, TvC boots up just fine.

Uh, I thought NeoGamma would only affect settings if I used its loader for games. Or am I not understanding how NeoGamma works here?

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
i get the 002 error when i load the game from the wii menu is there a way to fix this?

Posts merged

also i am having trouble with monster hunter 3 with the freezing when you start the game

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@codezer0
Definetely sounds like a laser or media problem.

@Gilberd
Did you read the README?
If not, READ IT NOW!
It will tell you what's causing corp users to get the 002 error, and how to stop it.

damysteryman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Maybe a video mode conflict, since your Wii is PAL?

Try forcing NTSC video mode in Gecko OS.

This had to be done for USA NMH1. I'm assuming NMH2 does the same thing.

Littlegreenmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Possible, i will do some testing, i can get it workingthrough neogamma RC1 fine.
Disc channel = black screen and wiiremote disconects.

NMH1 is ok

I will try patching video mode

UVERoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
simplephilistine.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
My original post was lazy

Im running Wii 4.2 with latest HBC, CIOSCORP 3.6, Priiloader 0.3b (or whatever the latest is called) and I can confirm that for me at least NMH 2 and Tatsunoko vs Capcom work perfectly through disc channel.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
You can make your own cioscorp using rev17 DIP module and wwpacker. At least I used it to cioscorp my SNEEK nand dump
wink.gif

*BEWARE UNTESTED ON REAL NAND, ONLY ON SNEEK, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BOOTMII AND NAND DUMP IF YOU WANNA TRY IT, IM NOT RESPONSIBLE*
*ALSO I WOULDN'T INSTALL THE NEW SYSTEM MENU CIOS (ie. IOS70 for 4.2), JUST USE THE PROPERLY TESTED CIOSCORP 3.6 WAD (unless ur using sneek).

1. Make a wad dump of cios rev17 (aka IOS249) using bluedump fakesign.

2. Drag the cios rev17 wad onto __wwunpacker.bat and it will unpack it into a folder.

3. take the 00000001.app out of the folder and delete the folder. (00000001.app is the DIP module)

4. drag all the cisocorp 3.6 CIOS' onto __wwunpacker.bat to unpack them into folders. delete the 3.6 cIOS wads.

5. copy the rev17 00000001.app into each of the unpacked cioscorp wad folders

6. highlight and drag all of the folders onto the _wwpacker-NoMod.bat or _wwpacker-JustSign.bat (I used the former but I don't know if it will install properly on normal nand) It will produce the new cioscorp wads with rev17 dip.

You should be able to install using wad manager or the cioscorp installer, HOWEVER I have only tested on SNEEK.

To install on SNEEK, I used showmii wads and extracted the new cioscorp wads onto my nand dump.

So far, working a charm
biggrin.gif

TrapperKeeperX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW I tested it on the SNEEK works wonders! I just tested this on my actual NAND I'm hear to tell you it was a success! No Bricks no System Menu is Corrupted any of that bad stuff.

But to warn anyone who does it on their own NAND I'm not responsible for anything that you do to your own Wii Bricks,etc.

Back up your NAND before you go crazy!

Metroid Prime Trilogy works wonders for all 3 Games I'm using the original copy since the original works on IOS 35 for Metroid Prime Trilogy's Metroid Prime 3 Corruption.

The burned copies of Metroid Prime 1 NPC JPN & 2 Dark Echoes NPC JPN works like a charm!

Thanks for the tutorial it was pretty useful!

I can't wait for cIOS rev 18 and see if it's an amazing successor!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed +3