OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I have released v0.26-beta now.

Not much of value other than Sony PlayStation added support via forwarders (experimental), however it's been marked as a pre-release on GitHub since I have not tested it enough myself (granted it's been six months to the day since I last made a new version public).

Mixtape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to provide a quick data point regarding compatibility, I was recently able to inject the NA release of Brain Lord via VC over a Super Metroid base and boot it successfully. When attempting to do the same over a Super Mario RPG or Kirby's Dream Land 3 WAD, the game itself would fail to boot. The VC "You will need a Classic Controller" message would appear though.

I'm not sure whether this is related to injecting a non-SA1 ROM into an SA1 WAD, the game itself, FriishProduce, or something else entirely. Regardless,I figured it was worth mentioning. It's also entirely possible that I missed a warning somewhere so let me know if that's the case. I can also to do some more testing or file a commit with an appropriate warning to the wiki if it helps. Let me know how I can help and thanks for your work on this tool!

Reactions: SaulFabre and XFlak

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Just to provide a quick data point regarding compatibility, I was recently able to inject the NA release of Brain Lord via VC over a Super Metroid base and boot it successfully. When attempting to do the same over a Super Mario RPG or Kirby's Dream Land 3 WAD, the game itself would fail to boot. The VC "You will need a Classic Controller" message would appear though.

I'm not sure whether this is related to injecting a non-SA1 ROM into an SA1 WAD, the game itself, FriishProduce, or something else entirely. Regardless,I figured it was worth mentioning. It's also entirely possible that I missed a warning somewhere so let me know if that's the case. I can also to do some more testing or file a commit with an appropriate warning to the wiki if it helps. Let me know how I can help and thanks for your work on this tool!
Super Mario RPG and Kirby's Dream Land 3 are SNES SA-1 chip games.
I tried injecting some non-SA1 games in those bases so far but i have the exact same issue here.

Solution: don't use these SA1 bases if the game you want to inject doesn't use SA1.

Reactions: Mixtape

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Update
I've recently started work on a new MDI design for the app and porting features over. This is how it looks so far.

FriishProduce_t1.png

Obviously, everything is very much still work-in-progress, again, and will be subject to change.

In the meantime, I have also opened a Crowdin for translating this design which can be found here.

Last edited by CatmanFan,
  • Wow
Reactions: Zorg07 and Mixtape

Fludd-Stop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving this utility, I love the ability to launch pre-Gamecube games via USB Loader GX! I'm having an issue though with N64 forwarders however; I understand the virtual console compatibility for injects is relatively low, which is why I opted to use the Not64 injection method. I tried injecting Mario Party 3 into a USA Sin and Punishment WAD via Not64 injection; the game runs perfectly fine via Not64, but when launching the WAD channel after installing it just takes me back to the Wii's home menu. Is this normal, or am I making a mistake? Or does the VC compatibility extend to the Not64 injection method as well?

Attachments

• FriishProduce_7XPbpiZqus.png
    FriishProduce_7XPbpiZqus.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 13
  • FriishProduce_OB1I9Aqw7S.png
    FriishProduce_OB1I9Aqw7S.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 12

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I tried injecting Mario Party 3 into a USA Sin and Punishment WAD via Not64 injection; the game runs perfectly fine via Not64, but when launching the WAD channel after installing it just takes me back to the Wii's home menu. Is this normal, or am I making a mistake? Or does the VC compatibility extend to the Not64 injection method as well?
Mario Party 3 doesn't even boot in Sin & Punishment VC WAD.
Also, i've only got it booting on VC with a specific rom (Mario Party 3 (U) [f1].z64) injected on Mario Party 2 but it crashes on intro when it fades to Mario and his lawn chair, and if you try to skip intro, if crashes at the title screen.

It's better to make a SRL for that game using Not64.

In other words: this is normal cause VC compatibility is so low.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooo, question. I tried making a forwarder for both a NES and SNES game using the homebrew emulators, and it seems like it's not able to save both games? Trying to save to sram in the emulator menu makes it come back with "Directory Listing Not Found". Is there anything I need to do to make those games save?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
(Sooooo, question. I tried making a forwarder for both a NES and SNES game using the homebrew emulators, and it seems like it's not able to save both games? Trying to save to sram in the emulator menu makes it come back with "Directory Listing Not Found". Is there anything I need to do to make those games save?
You need to make a folder in the root of your SD card or USB drive called:
NES: "fceugx" (for FCE Ultra GX) or "fceuxtx" (for FCEUX TX)
SNES: "snes9xgx" (for Snes9x GX) or "snes9xtx" (for Snes9x TX)

And inside that folder you need to create another folder called "saves".

Ex.: sd:/snes9xtx/saves/

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to make a folder in the root of your SD card or USB drive called:
NES: "fceugx" (for FCE Ultra GX) or "fceuxtx" (for FCEUX TX)
SNES: "snes9xgx" (for Snes9x GX) or "snes9xtx" (for Snes9x TX)

And inside that folder you need to create another folder called "saves".

Ex.: sd:/snes9xtx/saves/
Ah, cool. Thanks for that!

Also, side question. I noticed when putting in the game name into the Channel Banner, after a certain character length, 2Spieler is automatically added to the end. Is there anyway to fix that?

Plaxaris92

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to add gamecube support? Or is there a way to make wads for gamecube games? I've seen videos showing that is possible but can't find any tutorial or any info

Reactions: SaulFabre

ShantaeFan123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to add gamecube support? Or is there a way to make wads for gamecube games? I've seen videos showing that is possible but can't find any tutorial or any info
I found a post that might answer your question called “Custom Nintendont System Menu Channels for Wii/vWii” which is basically GameCube games on the Wii menu and if that doesn’t help then sorry, SaulFabre might be able to answer your question though

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users