Ah-ha.....and this is for....????
huh.gif

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming this is the equiv. of a buffer overflow allowing code to be injected at this point?
Something along the lines of the new SDHC exploit that was announced April 1st (fake?).

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
the most important is: on what system menu version did you tried this ?

EDIT: ok, I should have watched the video first

nice
now, as anyone tried comex step to run HBC ?

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its obvious this was tried on 4.0 due to the SD menu

i'm gonna run the app that Comex wants, i think he collecting information to make sure this is safe on all wii's i dunno

but anyway i think we should all help out..

get 4.0's ass well and truly kicked

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
COMEX WROTE
--------------------------------
If anyone wants to help out do this-- any menu version, HBC already installed, gecko not required:
1. temporarily rename the private folder on SD to something else, if you have one
2. download this file and unzip it onto the root of the SD
3. go to the menu, data management (not SD menu if you're on 4.0)
4. go to channels, SD, ensure there is a channel with a blank banner titled "Ninja Gaiden"
5. return immediately to the menu using the back button (not the home button...), go to HBC, and launch it
6. download and run this. it will create a file on your SD with the title "report.txt". Email me a copy of it ([email protected]
-------------------------------------------/END COMEX WROTE

You fail. So hard. This is why GBATemp can't have nice things.

1. First of all, you didn't rename the private folder so that the only sd channel on your wii was hthe bannerbomb test.
2. Second of all, you went to the SD menu on 4.0, even though the instructions say otherwise.
3. Then, you didn't run the dol that generates the report.txt that comex needs to complete this exploit.
4. You uploaded a YouTube video OF FAIL, with a GBATemp thread of fail not explaining what comex posted in the first place.

EDIT:
P.S. Comex had me and IgglyBoo(the guy who posted the first video) test some stuff out and comex got the blue light on the wii to turn on when the wii tries to view the banner.
The exploit works, but in order to make it do anything useful, comex needs more data. So far I know that the exploit has been tested on 3.0u and 3.2u, because I tested it myself.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who does not see any demonstration of an exploit in the video?

The Wiibrew forum link is interesting, but other than that there is no demonstration in this post, is there?

helloforum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
Am I the only one who does not see any demonstration of an exploit in the video?

The Wiibrew forum link is interesting, but other than that there is no demonstration in this post, is there?

Whoever made the video failed. He didn't even go to the right menu or show anything.

Here is video demonstration from other thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQoEneMQ4R4

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i've just ran the files comex asked for on my 4.0E system and emailed it over

i usually dont like apps that send my Wii's details i/e the bootmii checker but in this case i think its worth it.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helloforum said:
fogbank said:

Whoever made the video failed. He didn't even go to the right menu or show anything.
true the vid was fail but lets just be happy the exploit isn't a fake.
happy.gif

hopefully soon i'll be able to install the HBC on my wii(3.4j) with out having to buy a Jap version of zelda or a mod chip.

helloforum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrFlooD said:
Umm... am I the only one who see's the clear edit at the 35 second mark.

Thats just the camera adjusting the lighting. When the screen goes dark like all black. The background will get lighter, and when the screen is bright the background gets darker.

Posts merged

wolffangalchemist said:
helloforum said:
QUOTE(fogbank @ Apr 4 2009, 01:21 AM) Am I the only one who does not see any demonstration of an exploit in the video?

true the vid was fail but lets just be happy the exploit isn't a fake.
happy.gif

hopefully soon i'll be able to install the HBC on my wii(3.4j) with out having to buy a Jap version of zelda or a mod chip.

Why can't you install HBC on 3.4?

Can't you just use Twilight Hack v0.1 beta2?
http://hbc.hackmii.com/get.php?file=twilig...31d7350faa9d2ea
(http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrFlooD said:
Umm... am I the only one who see's the clear edit at the 35 second mark.
Thats the camera adjusting the the sudden change in light from the screen.
This is real, comex has been working his butt off, he doesn't even seem to have a wii locally to test on, he has been working from memory dumps and crash logs, hes quite the beast at this stuff.

PS. If he has a japanese wii he needs japanese zelda to do the twilight hack

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helloforum said:
Why can't you install HBC on 3.4?

Can't you just use Twilight Hack v0.1 beta2?
http://hbc.hackmii.com/get.php?file=twilig...31d7350faa9d2ea
(http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/)
i'm not modded at all so my ntsc u zelda is a no go and ir cost $60 for a good mod chip and about $70 to import ntsc j zelda.
i won't go into how my wii got to 3.4j it involves a sibling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh