OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, strange problem.
I've been messing with my other computer and came across this problem, if the OS tries to restart (Start Menu > Restart/When installing OS/etc.) the computer will reach the shutdown stage, but then will stay on with no video output.

Any ideas?

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Diablo1123 said:
Yes, strange problem.
I've been messing with my other computer and came across this problem, if the OS tries to restart (Start Menu > Restart/When installing OS/etc.) the computer will reach the shutdown stage, but then will stay on with no video output.

Any ideas?
Same problem there under Linux (try knoppix for example)?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
In windows, that tends to mean one of the processes is failing to terminate, or BIOS is failing to receive the "kill" command. There are other possible reasons, but I've never encountered them. I've only seen the latter reason in really old computers, but in newer computers with the symptom I try cleaning up the startup commands (run>msconfig). Doesn't always work, but sometimes does when someone's been messing around where they should not have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/XnZG9dNNmmE6SbSF/?mibextid=oFDknk kind of looks cuphead...