Hacking Confirming CIOS Rev 15 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may or may not be wishful thinking as well, but I'd personally like whatever Waninkoko's doing to prevent the cIOS being made into a wad with Wad Creator to stop. I'd like to be able to have a wad available to quickly install it with wad manager.

Of course, this is more annoying now than it probably will be since I have to put on 13b to use superdump properly or for dual layer support. So I'd be content with just fixing of the bugs that annoyed me.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
what r u talking about? xzxero and I have made wads from the cios using wad creator, what rev are you talking about? rev14?
Last time I tried making a wad of IOS249 it didn't work. The wad was created and everything but it wouldn't actually install.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Pakatus said:
And a spoiler?

Whats new/modified?
biggrin.gif
i 2nd this

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
FenrirWolf said:
xflak40 said:
what r u talking about? xzxero and I have made wads from the cios using wad creator, what rev are you talking about? rev14?
Last time I tried making a wad of IOS249 it didn't work. The wad was created and everything but it wouldn't actually install.

Fenrir, i've seen a lot of your posts and know your very knowledgeable, so I don't mean to sound condescending or anything like that. But when you failed to install IOS249, were u using IOS36 to do so? Did u have the wad saved on the sd card (usb wad installs sometimes fail on IOS36)? Also, did u have the trucha bug in IOS36 when you did all this?

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
here come a new 150 pages for nothing thread
and i'm contributing with my useless reply

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:

I always got errors when I used wad creator, although I forget which rev I tried it with last.

I'm gathering from these posts that I may want to use IOS36 to create the wad? Or is there some special option I'm missing? I'd always use Wad Creator and Wad manager with IOS249

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
s3phir0th115 said:
xflak40 said:

I always got errors when I used wad creator, although I forget which rev I tried it with last.

I'm gathering from these posts that I may want to use IOS36 to create the wad? Or is there some special option I'm missing? I'd always use Wad Creator and Wad manager with IOS249

presumably if you're installing IOS249, you shouldn't have access to IOS249 in the first place. Although it is possible to use IOS249 to install an updated IOS249, I don't like the idea of using IOS249 to overwrite IOS249.

wad creator doesn't give u the option of what IOS to use

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
s3phir0th115 said:
xflak40 said:

WAD creator will create WAD's of anything on your system except for IOS249 & IOS250 rev 9 and up, and the Homebrew Channel [not sure about the JODI title]
Its built in to give an error if tried.

QUOTE(xflak40 @ Nov 12 2009, 12:26 PM)
presumably if you're installing IOS249, you shouldn't have access to IOS249 in the first place. Although it is possible to use IOS249 to install an updated IOS249, I don't like the idea of using IOS249 to overwrite IOS249.

wad creator doesn't give u the option of what IOS to use
it still work no problem, just the creator has the built in prevention.

i didnt use WAD creator to get IOS249 and IOS250.

i cant really say how i got it, because people should be using the installer instead.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wanin should add the WiFi update like the emulators and Preloader, so we don't have to spam one thread over and over....!!
rofl.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
FenrirWolf said:
xflak40 said:

Fenrir, i've seen a lot of your posts and know your very knowledgeable, so I don't mean to sound condescending or anything like that. But when you failed to install IOS249, were u using IOS36 to do so? Did u have the wad saved on the sd card (usb wad installs sometimes fail on IOS36)? Also, did u have the trucha bug in IOS36 when you did all this?
...IOS249 is installed to my console and has been for a very long time. I used the normal installer to do so.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I can confirm that wad creator successfully created a wad of homebrew 1.06 (JODI)

I also unpacked the wad, renamed the 00000001.app to boot.dol and used that to create a hidden HAXX channel (using hide and seek). Now I effectively have 2 exact copies of the homebrew channel, one JODI and one HAXX, and the HAXX one is invisible. Now if any homebrew have an older return to loader function, it wont crash when trying to find HAXX homebrew

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ether2802 said:
Wanin should add the WiFi update like the emulators and Preloader, so we don't have to spam one thread over and over....!!
rofl.gif

Not possible unless he rewrites the system menu or something to ask if you want to update to the latest cIOS when it comes out or something along the lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: