det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
Wanin should add the WiFi update like the emulators and Preloader, so we don't have to spam one thread over and over....!!
rofl.gif

For some reason this post failed in being amusing.
However I hope there will be an bugfree rev15... so basically rev14 with Dual layer and Wi-Fi fixes.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
i didnt use WAD creator to get IOS249 and IOS250.

i cant really say how i got it, because people should be using the installer instead.
Getting the files from a NAND dump and putting them into a wad is not really hard to figure out for anyone who can use the search.
I used this to modify rev12 to install it as IOS 248 to use it with a custom SSBB channel because rev14 broke DL loading (before I just swapped to Hermes).

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
ramidavis said:
Will cios rev15 try to fix the nsmb issues?

Doubt it. Loaders will have this fix built in, wanin doesn't like to use the limited space he has in cIOS to do things a loader can, and WiiPower has already made the code for loaders.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just wish better dual-layered games compatibility(Metroid Prime Trilogy) and make playable some games that are not...(SC DA,CoD3,etc)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Slimmmmmm said:
ramidavis said:

Doubt it. Loaders will have this fix built in, wanin doesn't like to use the limited space he has in cIOS to do things a loader can, and WiiPower has already made the code for loaders.

The disc problem remains. Also Waninkoko is the kind of guy who lets the cIOS do stuff that does not belong there. See 001, 002 and disc in drive patches before rev14.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Slimmmmmm said:
ramidavis said:

The disc problem remains. Also Waninkoko is the kind of guy who lets the cIOS do stuff that does not belong there. See 001, 002 and disc in drive patches before rev14.

Yeah I remember well, but as you say that was pre rev14 so I'm hoping he's came around to your way of thinking.

I'm getting kinda attached to Hermes cIOS myself now, so not all that excited about this new cIOS, well unless there is a nice surprise (not holding my breath though).

I hope it fixes some of the compatibilty problems with triiforce (wishful thinking again
tongue.gif
)

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly are you guys talking about regarding dual-layer issues? The reason Metroid Prime Trilogy didn't work is because of IOS Reload or am I missing something?

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if wrong -- but the cIOS (I think?) couldn't read like the last "sector" (I think?) and would "crash" -- for Brawl it's was during the SSE, for MPT, I don't know what since I could play any of those quite nicely.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tomorrow is friday the 13th?
ohmy.gif

I'm wondering what's new in rev 15 though, and whether it will be worth using over cIOS222.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :ph34r: