Not open for further replies.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmmm why do some of the covers get included in the source? There's code to load them off the sd-card, but why include covers in the dol?

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
just browsing the source on google (at work atm) and the main work is based off hungy's work so it shouldn't that hard to debug. we can always hit him if ever we need to.

By the way covers are hardcoded in the source for easier dev we can always use a loading routine on the fly later. notice how long it takes to initialize all the covers.

i just keep on saying that it's impressive and i can't wait to get home to download it and debug it.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
See if you can combine your work with the 2 monster usb loader threads (ultimate and gui).

Utilising the options of these two, and tidying up some of the graphics, fonts etc, this will be the next monster thread.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Don Killah said:
just browsing the source on google (at work atm) and the main work is based off hungy's work so it shouldn't that hard to debug. we can always hit him if ever we need to.

By the way covers are hardcoded in the source for easier dev we can always use a loading routine on the fly later. notice how long it takes to initialize all the covers.

i just keep on saying that it's impressive and i can't wait to get home to download it and debug it.
Great
smile.gif
. That's very good news. I also looked through it. Although I don't understnad a single word
tongue.gif

What's missing for me for the Layout:
-Scrollbar
-Display name under the Cover

See here a Picture of the real Coverflow:

I think at least the names should be possible...when I'm at home, I guess I post some ideas of a slightly modifed Layout..(better Pics, new arrange). I need to help...I want that this is going to be awesome
tongue.gif

So, now I'm trying not to spam here anymore...
smile.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
very impressive! if you get this working and throw in the nice features from the gui loader I will be using this one!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Excellent work and im glad to see Don Killah is jumping in there as i think he has a great setup.
Auto loading and downloading of covers will be easy to impliment once the bugs are worked out for loading - this could end up being the standard once everything is working properly

Great job.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Don Killah said:

say your not feeling well and go home lol

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
compiling gives me a bunch of errors, so maybe they need to be fixed first, dunno if the dol will run with those errors, as I'm not near my Wii to test ATM...
Did anyone run the dol on their system already?

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
yep i did (i used ganons' trick ^^) so i'm at home.
i only have warnings and it's running.
but i'm having heavy glitches: basically the covers are all corrupted, it angs on me half of the time and won't boot the game. but it seems to load faster than expected.

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
don, what do you mean with corrupted covers? not booting the game was to be expected, since Beardface metioned it when releasing source...
can you make a picture/screenshot of the corrupted covers?

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
well it's all corrupted, as if we're trying to display a picture in a bad res or with the wrong size/bits.
i'm thinking that it's gfx lib related... as for the loader not booting games.

I'm pretty sure that we might have to shutdown some stuff before giving the hand to the loading routine. it seems like an i/o issue to me.

i tried with "GRRLIB_Exit();" but still no effect, i'll need to study this GRRLIB a little bit more.

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
got corrupted covers here too
they're all 160x225
i've got as far as stopping it from code dumping but the only hint of a game trying to boot is a small flash of green at the top of the screen
wink.gif

not much progress really
frown.gif

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are the covers that are corrupted the included covers? Maybe the images are just not up to standards... The main.cpp file states cover sizes as 160x225, but the covers that are included do not always follow those resolutions. Also those resolutions do not follow the devidable by 4 rules, but I'm not sure that applies here...

Posts merged

edit: nevermind,

DLArts

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Don Killah said:
well it's all corrupted, as if we're trying to display a picture in a bad res or with the wrong size/bits.
I had the same problem when I've tested it. But I have noticed that one cover work. All covers had the size 160x225, except the one that worked. The size of this image was 160x224. So I resized every cover to 160x224 and now all covers are displayed correctly.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i used the covers from my loader, which are the same as cfgloader (oggzee) which are also set to the cover standard: 160x225. so that's definitely not an issue with covers (they're displaying fine in Coverflow7).

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah, it the devide resolution by 4 rule, every loader had this issue i think..., so that has to be fixed in main.ccp
@DK, cover resolutions must match that rule don't they? All loaders had issues with the resolutions not being devideable by 4. The png's need the right resolution

gitkua

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
as for the booting the game problem... do we know which sourcecode from Waninkoko this loader uses? I browsed through the source but couldn't find any clues as to which version of the original loader this is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: