For All Of Us That Own A PS Vita, What Kind Of Case Do You Have For It, If Any At All???

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've got several Vitas and only 2 kinds of a case for it...

I only have ONE of these - it's a "soft-case"...

Soft-But-Worthless.jpg

It's not a BAD CASE, but it offers almost NO protection if your Vita gets dropped. It does however have room for AR Cards an a couple of games and a Sony memory card.

These next ones however, are a totally different case (no pun intended)...

This is called a VAULT CASE:

VAULT-CASES-small.jpg

These things are hard to find (in like really good condition), and they're expensive. One of these in good condition will cost you $40, $50, all the way up to $70+ clams on eBay. However, allow me to show you some pics of this case on its own, and the protection that it provides...

20240404_131309.jpg

The outer shell on this case is extremely durable. While smartphones are built to take a few drops, the PS Vita is NOT designed to do that. Don't want to drop that Vita!!! If anyone ever has, please share your horror story with us.

Second pic:

20240404_131330.jpg

The Vita snugs PERFECTLY to the inside of the case with no "play" whatsoever".

20240404_131727.jpg

The insde of the case is made of a dense plastic "foam" (I don't konw what else to call it), but it stops any movement inside the case. None. Zero. The locking mechanism on the unit is rock solid (as seen above). And when the case is closed, it shuts TIGHTLY AROUND THE VITA (see the next pic)...

20240404_131732.jpg

So that's the top of the unit. See those two doohickies in the top of the case? When closing the case (or it's closed) those two things land straight down onto the area just above the speakers in the bottom half beflow. This means two things:

1) The analog sticks are COMPLETELY PROTECTED, WHILE NOTHING IS IN "CONTACT" WITH THEM.

2) There is absolutely no room for anything in that case to move. Nothing. That's why this thing is such an awesome case. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't drop it off of the Empire State Building or anything, but for day-to-day use and traveling as well, this thing is a sure fit for anyone who's looking to get rock-solid protection for your wonderful little gizmo.

3) That small rectangular felt piece lays directly on top of the Vita's screen. Underneath THAT (on the top side of the case) are 3 slots for any Vita games you have (which you probably have but don' use anymore), or up to 3 SD2Vita cards.

So that's my little review for these things. If you've got a case you'd like to discuss or show us all, by all means do chime in, as I'm sure there are a bunch of cases out there for everyone's needs.

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
1712490147218.png

I use this exact same case. It's probably the cheapest as it is pretty common here. Price is around 200 Turkish Lira (which equals to ~7 USD), pretty good quality for its price. Kinda a semi-hard case but definitely better than not using a case 😁

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 430365
I use this exact same case. It's probably the cheapest as it is pretty common here. Price is around 200 Turkish Lira (which equals to ~7 USD), pretty good quality for its price. Kinda a semi-hard case but definitely better than not using a case 😁

Looks good! And I agree, a case is a no-brainer/absolute must have.

Reactions: reha

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a Topplayer case for the L2R2 grip I got on my phat Vita

Man I would LOVE TO HAVE ONE OF THOSE!!! Problem is two-fold:

1) I've only found them for the PS Vita 2000 (you mentioned FAT but I can only find them for the PS Vita 2000), so basically not available for the 1000, and

2) They're all over $100.

HittingHead.gif

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think the grip I have is Hori.
Idk Topplayer made a knockoff/clone but I've had mine for so many years.
I did get a topplayer L2R2 grip for the hubby back in 2018 orso for like 20 quid

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the grip I have is Hori.
Idk Topplayer made a knockoff/clone but I've had mine for so many years.
I did get a topplayer L2R2 grip for the hubby back in 2018 orso for like 20 quid
I guess I have all the cases that I need (except I gotta get one more case for my final Vita purchase which will arrive next week,) but I've always wanted one of those grips that have the L2/R2 triggers (or is it 3?), but I've read a lot of reviews on eBay that say they're really cheaply made and just don't hold up well for extended gaming.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Idk what those "reviewers" do with those grips but they shouldn't try and eat them.
There's a L3/R3 attachment which fits in the cut out of the grip on the back but I never bothered with it tbf.

Mine and the hubby's grip still hold up perfectly fine after so many years.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk what those "reviewers" do with those grips but they shouldn't try and eat them.
There's a L3/R3 attachment which fits in the cut out of the grip on the back but I never bothered with it tbf.

Mine and the hubby's grip still hold up perfectly fine after so many years.
You know, that's weird. I've seen "parts" to create a L3/R3 grip but I have no idea how to discern which parts are for which grips.

Hey chief, if you know anything about this kind of controller, and you have the time, could you post a couple of links that would make all these parts one cohesive controller? You don't have to or anything, but if you know about those grips and the separate buttons, I'd be grateful!

- Dizzy
banger.gif

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You know, that's weird. I've seen "parts" to create a L3/R3 grip but I have no idea how to discern which parts are for which grips.

Hey chief, if you know anything about this kind of controller, and you have the time, could you post a couple of links that would make all these parts one cohesive controller? You don't have to or anything, but if you know about those grips and the separate buttons, I'd be grateful!

- Dizzy View attachment 430653

Reddit link

JEC, not Hori haha.
Literally the same I have.

https://external-preview.redd.it/n9...bp&s=aa3e0413e2a4655481d62e83518d894e4518e68d

Seems to be the L3R3 thing.
Never used it tho.

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DinohScene

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same case after some time figured out that I can use it's game cartridge pockets as a stand for Vita and even when you close the case it can stay like that.

Since then I never took out Vita from the case.

I don't understand, the case you're talking about, mine or fluff663's, Reha's or someone else's? Can you demonstrate this, like a pic or something? T'would be much appreciated!!!
hat.gif

Reactions: ali_ihsan21

ali_ihsan21

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand, the case you're talking about, mine or fluff663's, Reha's or someone else's? Can you demonstrate this, like a pic or something? T'would be much appreciated!!! View attachment 434057

It was on my PC thats why I couldnt attach it in my first message.

This is the case Reha have.

Attachments

• 20200917_235102.jpg
    20200917_235102.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The home just confuses your wardrobe
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    How are you doing today K3Nv2?
    You did? By whom?
    Ohh, Don't tell me lEOTck did it to you? :O:sad:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah we all know luke is who leo's smashing
    +1
    Oh :shit:! And I didn't get to 📽️ it! :angry::sad::cry: :hateit:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT THAT ULTERIOR MOTIVES WAS FOUND YESTERDAY, AND IT WAS FROM P O R N 💀😭
    +1
    😱 .............................. :evil::tpi::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, what's ulterior motives?
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    it was a lostwave song
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, 1) what's lostwave? 2) give context
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    lostwaves are like songs that became lost
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    they are partially or never found
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    ulterior motives is one of the internets lostwaves
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok read the Wikipedia article
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    and basically people were trying to find it for a while after a post with the lost songs only snippet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @zeith_7, and an obscure norp film had the song
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    correct
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    the orginal snippet was from a pirated verison of the film basically
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    or so i think
  • zeith_7 @ zeith_7:
    i never expected it to get discovered this year/month
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: