OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
stev418 said:
hi wiicrazy, some DISCID dont work with crap

eg. if you try to make a channel with the DEMO monster hunter 3 which is disc id DMHJ08 crap wont work

you have to change to something like RMHJ08 and then edit to DMHJ08 in hex after

I did notice in change log --> * Enforces R character as the first character of the disc id. any reason why it needs to be? there are many games with different character as first character

It was to prevent those cases that Disc Id was missing such as using opening.bnr as the input. Seems I need to remove that control and leave it to the user's care to supply correct banner. Thanks for the input!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
kyogc said:
Is it possible to have a "base dol" which can enable Ocarina and choose Video mode also? Thanks.

Well If you have such a dol, you can simply edit the configuration and put the dol into the Loaders folder and use it. Currently I don't have any plans to support one...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
I added a two new loaders,
1. YAL with configurable old/new 002 fix / anti 002 fix (requires IOS 222)
2. 1.5 Loader with configurable old/new 002 fix / anti 002 fix

By the way, tested today, sorg's loader I have bundled in the application always had 002 fix, though it doesn't work in new games.

ps1: for Wii Sports Resort, you first need to launch the game as usual then your 002 fixed channel will handle the rest...
ps2: Mods, couly you please move this to Backup Loaders section, thanks...

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you, I was looking for a "channel loader" using IOS 222
smile.gif

I'll test it tomorrow!

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linuks said:
I tried to launch a game with both YOL and YOL with fixes without IOS249 and the dol just go back to HBC without launching the game
frown.gif

EDIT : I've added cLoader with IOS222 (thanks to wiiNinja) to crap, maybe you also could add it in the next version : http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=167...p;#entry2114285

Not sure if it's 100% compatible because the cLoader that I modded (cios222) needs the front-end to configure the cios to use, flag for anti002_fix, and flag for country_patch. The cios may just default to 249 actually. Worth a try though.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, I just set all config options to "0" in cLoader_cios.dol, then I modify the loader config file of crap without indate it the config path because I don't need to modify those options.

I've made 2 wads, one with your version of Loadstructor and one with Crap and the 00000001.app files are the same.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Ok, then let's be specific about the loader configuration...

Crap patches the configuration string to reflect the options selected in the gui, a configuration string starts with a unique string in the dol. That's stated in the configuration file...

So the first six characters of the configuration string is the placeholder such as CFGUSB, then comes the various config options...

1-6 Unique config search string

7 Verbose logging. (0-off, 1-on) You can turn on debug output in the loader, so you can spot errors.

8 Region override. (0-off, 1-on) It works like regionfrii, game is fooled so it thinks your wii is in the overriden region, below is the actual config value...

9 Overriden region (0/P/E/J - None/PAL/NTSC-U/NTSC-J). Say if your wii is pal, but the game is ntsc and your tv supports ntsc system, then you choose E/NTSC-U so that game is fooled to think your wii is in NTSC-U region.

10 Ocarina selection (0-off, 1-on) It explains itself, turn cheats off or on...

11 Force video mode (0-off, 1-on) Let the loader decide best suiting video mode...

12 Selected Language ( [0-A] Default(0), Japanese(1), English(2), German(3), French(4), Spanish(5), Italian(6), Dutch(7), S.Chinese(8), T.Chinese(9), Korean (A) )

13 Device selection (0-USB, 1-SD/SDHC)

14 Reserved

15-16 Loader fixes as two hexadecimal digit, sum each fix to find the value,
Old Style 002 Fix = 1
New Style 002 Fix = 2
Anti 002 Fix = 4
Possible Future Fix 1 = 8
Possible Future Fix 2 = 16
blah blah....

17-32 reserved for new releases....

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
nitrostemp said:
do these loaders have the wii sports resort fix?

if you mean the alt-dol fix, no... it's not viable..
prerequisity for wii sports resort is you should play the game with another loader first, either
1. using a usb loader with the alt-dol fix
2. if you have modchip using a loader with 002 fix or you use gecko os to play the game... on chipped solutions there is no issue at all if you play the game with gecko os if you are on 4.0 or you have installed required ios/ioses

then you can use the crap's new loaders, set the appropriate 002 fix and play the game... tested, it sure works....

redia

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiCrazy said:
Bump! No one interested in the installation feature?

I am interested.
but I gave my wii to a friend who was travelling.
he ordered one but it did not get here on time.
so now I am waiting for "his" wii, which will be mine...

a few more days.. and I will fool around again.

R

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, WiiCrazy, that installation over network would be great!

How does it work, do you need to do something at the Wii or is it automated (silent)? That'd be AWESOME! Then, we'd be at the PC sending WADs over and they would get installed automatically without the need to go near the console!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Well it's only for game channels...

1. You create the game channel in Crap
2. Click Test/Install
3. Open homebrew channel
4. Enter the ip address of your wii and click Install (you can enter the ip address in the crap.cfg file if it doesn't change often)
5. A special wad manager launched in your wii, pressing A installs the game channel...

I constrained the size of the wad to 2MB which is tacked at the end of the installer... so it's no use to other wads... It's simply not efficient to transfer the whole wad in the dol like that if it's above some threshold... and wii have limited memory...

Though it's possible if sd card or similar used as an intermediate storage for wads, but I doubt it will be more convenient than existing methods...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A type of fish