Hacking Crap, easy to use channel creator

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I opened the opening.bnr for Mario Kart Wii (NTSC-U), and it said the disc ID was "_INSZZ".
blink.gif
(Yes, I dumped it again, same thing.) Could there be a fix for this?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Dialexio said:
I opened the opening.bnr for Mario Kart Wii (NTSC-U), and it said the disc ID was "_INSZZ".
blink.gif
(Yes, I dumped it again, same thing.) Could there be a fix for this?

You should manually rename the banner, possibly I should obtain the disc Id from somewhere else but not from the initial bytes of a disk. The disc you are using is brickblocked I guess.

disk id for mario kart is, RMCE01 (NTSC) or RMCP01 (PAL)

_INSZZ.bnr -> RMCE01.bnr, then open the RMCE01.bnr browsing in the file dialog of banner file.

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The opening.bnr came straight from my retail copy. Renaming the stuff to RMCE01 worked, thanks.
smile.gif

If you want to take a look at the opening.bnr, I can PM it to you.

jokerwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!! first of all thanks for your work, not olnly this Crap, but I mean ALL of yours!!

now with my doubts...
what this tools does is to cread a wad channel, am I right?
But... wad channels "steal" blocks of memory from the wii, right?
So using them I would have less memory blocks for savegames...
Is it possible then to create just that "homebrew channels" the same way wbfs manager does?
I mean those folder with dol, xml and png files...

Obviously, I'm asking for those games, like "indy and the staff of king" and "sports resort" that need tha 002 fix...
thanks in advance for the reply

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
jokerwho -> It just takes 3-4 blocks per game.
And if you want to make homebrew channel, you can use a wad unpacker and rename the 00000001.app to boot.dol.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Or you can use Alex's Wbfs Manager,
Pack any game with your selected loader options, then go to temp directory and find the 00000001.app, create a new loader config under wbfs manager using that loader... bingo... (of course you need to replace the disc id placeholder to it's original value or configure it like that in the wbfs manager's loaders...)

Guess I won't be implementing launching from homebrew channel... maybe I can implement a permutative loader export to wbfs manager... that is you select the fixed options and Crap creates the configs and preconfigured loaders for other options under wbfs manager...

jokerwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
well, thanks both for the replies!!
I've had a peek at the temp folder, but since I haven't seen any .dol file, I thought I was wrong...
so I guess that if I create a WAD selecting the 002 fix error (the new one, I suppose, since we are talking about sports resort), I could take the 00000001.app form the temp folder, rename it in boot.dol and put it in the folder with the xml and the png and it should works, right?
tomorrow I'll try and report, thanks again!!

EDIT: IT WORKED!!! Yes!!! now I can run Indy and the staff of kings, sports resort and summer athletics 2009 without having to use the neogamma GUI!!
thanks a lot!!

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not it, nothing will download from your site right now. It's not universal, seeing as I am one of the few with a 56kb/s connection at the moment, however sites like rapidshare and megaupload would work. It just needs to be on a site like that so I can download it, I won't be home with my 20mbit/s connection for a week or two though...

EDIT: Got it, a very nice fellow by the name of FAST6191 uploaded it for me on GBATemp IRC. In case anyone else wants it: http://www.4shared.com/get/120880839/17ac05d/CrapV154

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
nitrostemp said:
do these loaders have the wii sports resort fix?

if you mean the alt-dol fix, no... it's not viable..
prerequisity for wii sports resort is you should play the game with another loader first, either
1. using a usb loader with the alt-dol fix
2. if you have modchip using a loader with 002 fix or you use gecko os to play the game... on chipped solutions there is no issue at all if you play the game with gecko os if you are on 4.0 or you have installed required ios/ioses

then you can use the crap's new loaders, set the appropriate 002 fix and play the game... tested, it sure works....

WiiCrazy, this is driving me crazy. What settings and options did you use to create a wad for Wii Sports Resort channel.
I've created a few channel using Yaulct_1.2 in the past with no problems but these games didn't need the 002 fix to work in gx loader.

I tried CRAP to make a channel for Wii Sports Resort using these options and had these results.
1 - usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy with newstyle 002 option ticked - installed wad and tried but got black screen
2 - usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy - oldstyle 002 option ticked - installed wad and tried but got black screen
3 - usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy - antistyle 002 option ticked - installed wad and tried but got black screen
4 - yet another loader with fixes - newstyle 002 fix option ticked - installed wad and got a code dump after it appeared it was looking for the disc.

running 249rev10, don't have 222 installed.

All wads were installed and deleted before trying the next one.

Hope you can provide some help on which options to use on CRAP

Thanks

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
bosman said:
WiiCrazy said:
nitrostemp said:
do these loaders have the wii sports resort fix?

if you mean the alt-dol fix, no... it's not viable..
prerequisity for wii sports resort is you should play the game with another loader first, either
1. using a usb loader with the alt-dol fix
2. if you have modchip using a loader with 002 fix or you use gecko os to play the game... on chipped solutions there is no issue at all if you play the game with gecko os if you are on 4.0 or you have installed required ios/ioses

then you can use the crap's new loaders, set the appropriate 002 fix and play the game... tested, it sure works....

WiiCrazy, this is driving me crazy. What settings and options did you use to create a wad for Wii Sports Resort channel.
I've created a few channel using Yaulct_1.2 in the past with no problems but these games didn't need the 002 fix to work in gx loader.

I tried CRAP to make a channel for Wii Sports Resort using these options and had these results.
1 - usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy with newstyle 002 option ticked - installed wad and tried but got black screen
2 - usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy - oldstyle 002 option ticked - installed wad and tried but got black screen
3 - usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy - antistyle 002 option ticked - installed wad and tried but got black screen
4 - yet another loader with fixes - newstyle 002 fix option ticked - installed wad and got a code dump after it appeared it was looking for the disc.

running 249rev10, don't have 222 installed.

All wads were installed and deleted before trying the next one.

Hope you can provide some help on which options to use on CRAP

Thanks

Hmm, did you first play the game and be successful with skipping the motion plus introduction video using the alt-dol trick in other loaders such as usb loader gx or neogamma?

Below settings worked for me after skipping the introduction video using the game first with my modchip.

CRAPWR.JPG

Rev10 - PAL WSR
Rev14 - PAL WSR
Rev10 - NTSC-J WSR
Rev14 - NTSC-J WSR

ps1: above image depicts NTSC-J WSR but it should be the same for PAL & NTSC versions
ps2: YAL needs IOS 222 by the way.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks WiiCrazy.

Kids have played the game a million times before using gx loader.

Read your post that YAL needed IOS222, hence I never tried most of the options.

I was right on my first choice with the setting "usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy with newstyle 002 option ticked", thought that would be the one

This is where I stuffed up badly,

When I used wiiscruber on the ISO and extracted the opening.bnr I renamed opening.bnr to RTZP.bnr (it should of have been RTZP01.bnr) and then loaded this using CRAP and created the WAD
What that did was create an incorrect title and game ID and when it loaded and went looking on the USB drive, no game with that ID existed and hence why the ugly black screen.

After seeing your snapshot there it was all clear.. Renamed it to RTZP01.bnr and created WAD/installed and it works like a charm...

Thanks for your quick reply WiiCrazy.....

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
bosman said:
Thanks WiiCrazy.

I was right on my first choice with the setting "usb loader 1.5 with fixes mod by WiiCrazy with newstyle 002 option ticked", thought that would be the one

When I used wiiscruber on the ISO and extracted the opening.bnr I renamed opening.bnr to RTZP.bnr (it should of have been RTZP01.bnr) and then loaded this using CRAP and created the WAD
What that did was create an incorrect title and game ID and when it loaded and went looking on the USB drive, no game with that ID existed and hence why the ugly black screen.

After seeing your snapshot there it was all clear.. Renamed it to RTZP01.bnr and created WAD/installed and it works like a charm...

Well yep it's a real burden to manually rename the banner and such... but you can use bundled wiiscrubber and right click on the opening.bnr and select Extract as channel. It will be renamed and handed out to Crap to select loader options and such. This is much easier.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
bosman said:
Thanks WiiCrazy.

Well yep it's a real burden to manually rename the banner and such... but you can use bundled wiiscrubber and right click on the opening.bnr and select Extract as channel. It will be renamed and handed out to Crap to select loader options and such. This is much easier.

N00b me didn't see the extract as channel when using your modified wiiscrubber, would have stopped me making the mistake.

This CRAP is pretty good, thanks.
yaynds.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I am using crap v1.54 and created some channels for jpn games(Smash Brothers X, Monster Hunter Tri...) and when I try to load them onto my Wii when it finishes it reads: This is not a Wii application :-(

So what I used to create was Shinobi VC Arcade JPN.wad as base wad(I made it regionfree with free the wads) and the opening banners from the respective games.

What did I do wrong?

Any advice?

Thanks.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
G0dLiKe said:
I am using crap v1.54 and created some channels for jpn games(Smash Brothers X, Monster Hunter Tri...) and when I try to load them onto my Wii when it finishes it reads: This is not a Wii application :-(

So what I used to create was Shinobi VC Arcade JPN.wad as base wad(I made it regionfree with free the wads) and the opening banners from the respective games.

What did I do wrong?

Any advice?

Thanks.

Hmm, you should be getting that error using the test function I guess? Oh nope you can't use a vc game as a base wad. Take another working usb game channel wad and use that instead. There are plenty at gbatemp here and there... Since they contain banner stuff I don't bundle any base.wad in newer releases.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your reply,

Managed it the other way, isnt it because a gamechannel is no app and thus it could not be sent to the HBC via Wiiload?

I grabbed a 612 Kb base.wad from mediafire and it workes like a charm(installed with Wad manager).

Would be nice if it would work via Wiiload too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: balls