Hacking Custom MIOS rev02 and MenuPatcher v1.1 released!

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
rev2 still seems to record the wrong time in the savegame.

Some of my PAL games are also green screening on autoboot, however super smash bros melee seems to be working without the advanced menu.

On another note, it really is a pity that I didn't realize that most PAL games couldn't do 480p before I acquired them... I really should have got NTSC. Guess I'll have to grab them again
frown.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does menupatcher even start as an autoboot dol from preloader or crashes it with a codedmump even before it starts?
I thought of another thing and tried a part of it. Set crazyintro as autoboot dol. And then boot the menupatcher channel directly from crazyintro (can be mapped to a directional button). That way, menupatcher will probably be able to start, but crashes when it tries to patch the menu

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
Menupatcher just code dumps striaght away when tried to boot through preloader.
Ok, that probably fails because of the autoboot itself then. preloader is very picky about dols, most will crash.
That other approch might work (booting channel through crazyintro). Then menupatcher only would have to be updated to work with preloader installed

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As i said before its Rev1 for me all the way until these bugs are ironed out, or Rev3 is out
rolleyes.gif
then maybe ill try again!!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
FGOD said:
kedest said:
Getting MenuPatcher to work with preloader would be cool. That would mean running both Wii and GC backups from disc channel directly.

with the cmios of wiigator you can boot through disc channel if you enable the wii backloader support on install...

yeah but that's only gc right? wii backups would still have to be launched from a channel or loader.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
NTSC games don't work anymore on my PAL Wii since MIOS2 and direct disc channel boot (green screen). Will try to boot through the GC loader.

It works with Wiigator's loader and I don't have any controller bugs anymore
biggrin.gif

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
FGOD said:
kedest said:
Getting MenuPatcher to work with preloader would be cool. That would mean running both Wii and GC backups from disc channel directly.

with the cmios of wiigator you can boot through disc channel if you enable the wii backloader support on install...

With Softmii and Rev1 of waninkokos cMIOS you can boot straight from disc channel, with Rev2, Games either just dont work(grenn screen), or u have to use the rebooter and then press Z, but that kind of defeats the object of booting from disc channel anyway.

The prob is something to with the region free aspect because i disabled my region free gc hacks in preloader (used modded ARC to get 3.2Ewith starfall type hacks so already have RF on system menu) and that was the only way to get any of my NTSC games to boot at all with Rev2 using the rebooter.

houseonfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I uninstall the MIOS rev02?
I don't think I ever installed rev01.

I just used the softmii on my console, and never installed anything from waninkoko.(that i know of)

I cant get GameCube games to run from the Menu anymore on my NTSC-U Wii.

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
houseonfire said:
How do I uninstall the MIOS rev02?
I don't think I ever installed rev01.

I just used the softmii on my console, and never installed anything from waninkoko.(that i know of)

I cant get GameCube games to run from the Menu anymore on my NTSC-U Wii.
To uninstall, you can:
- Use the cMIOS rev2 Installer to install an 'official' MIOS from the Nintendo servers/a WAD.
- Use the original cMIOS rev1 Installer to install the 1st rev and get over the problems of the new one.
- Use Wiigator's cMIOS to replace rev2.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GCOS Multi-games through disc channel won't work.
It display the games, but when I choose one of them, it just boots the gcos menu asking for a dvd.

If I use wiigator's launcher it works properly, even with rev02.
Anyobody knows if this issue is resolved using menupatcher?

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
ok,so far.. there were some memory card and different region games problems but theyre gone now.. so it seems it works better for me now,dont know about better compatibility cause so far all goes
biggrin.gif

have a nice evening !
blush.gif
great job wanikoko
grog.gif

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm eating right now, so when I'm done I'll install rev02 and see if the fixes in it fixes the Majora's Mask crash.

I'll also check out the save for it, I don't think I'll have the right tools to put the saves on my memory card or where ever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==