Hardware Datel Action Replay - "WARNING 1st FAT TABLE FAILED"

mooglazer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a Datel Action Replay: Ultimate Pokemon Codes (GBA) second-hand, and it looks like the filesystem on the storage chip is toast. Has anyone attempted or had any luck repairing one of these?

After some research it looks like later units had a USB port, so I soldered in a USB-micro header, but had no luck connecting to the official software under Windows 10 or in a Windows XP VM.

Any ideas on how to reset the device or fix this problem? I've checked the documentation and tried the usual L+R+A+B+START combinations (and some variations) to no avail.

Suggestions are appreciated. I'm comfortable with soldering to the chips, etc. if I need to, just wanted to feel out whether anyone else has repaired one of these devices. Thanks!

A few images --

https://imgur.com/a/90MZgtA

Text of the errors:

WARNING 1st FAT TABLE FAILED..
DEVICE CORRUPT
PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICES

Chips on the device:

DATEL GBA/NDS 0704M3019

SST 39VF800A 70-4C-EK 0452039E

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after quick googling for a normal AR GBA
"WARNING 1st FAT TABLE FAILED"----Something was deleted/spoilt/malfunction
Please reset your device to factory settings"----It is to reset (revert back) to the original settings, like when you bought it (With no codes inside or whatever codes they gave you at first)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yours is different though i don't think you can reset it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty