Translation Digimon Story: Lost Evolution Translation Project

• Thread starter yugix
  • Start date
  • Views 1,596,993
  • Replies 2,283
  • Likes 730

Which do you prefer for place names?!

• Stick with Japanese names for all names.

Votes: 141 27.9%
  • Use localized names (from Dawn/Dusk) for old names, and Japanese for new names.

Votes: 365 72.1%

• Total voters

Smittles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my, I take a little break from the forums over Christmas and return to find this shit-storm of events having taken place!

Well, thank you Yugix and team for all your hard work over the years, I am confident that if you guys did not approach Romsstar for help in the first place then they would not have made the decision to take up Lost Evolution as a project.

Ice, although part of the Yugix team, I think you should have special mention. Your efforts to keep the project alive and kicking through thick and thin should definitely not go without merit and I hope you will stick around, even if it is just to vent your misanthropic views of the world and it's inhabitants :P

Thank you Romsstar and team, after a rather abrupt entrance and declaration I hold high hopes for your progress and look forward to a top quality release. Remember, you have invoked the confidence of an entire community who have hopes and expectations of their own, I sincerely hope such trust is not misplaced.

Last edited by Smittles,

Whole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well it was an equally fun and frustrating ride to see Ice dealing with so many entitled, ungrateful, rude, unreasonable or downright stupid people in this thread for so many years. I wish you all the best and thank you for the effort you put into this, even if it's going to go to waste.

Reactions: Black-Ice

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Well it was an equally fun and frustrating ride to see Ice dealing with so many entitled, ungrateful, rude, unreasonable or downright stupid people in this thread for so many years. I wish you all the best and thank you for the effort you put into this, even if it's going to go to waste.
This thread in a nutshell :(

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? Who is responsible for this!?

Thanks to the original team, btw. You guys put in so much work and I am eternally grateful for it.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? Who is responsible for this!?

Thanks to the original team, btw. You guys put in so much work and I am eternally grateful for it.
You can thank Black-Ice, who originally contacted us about it and put the game on our radar. Harsh words earlier aside, everyone on OpDecoded appreciates the work they put in. If nothing else, it kept excitement about the game alive.

andrite

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay guys so ive been trying to read whats happened in the thread lately but im slightly confused. If someone could summarize then, is this game no longer being worked on? Should i stop following this thread?

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay guys so ive been trying to read whats happened in the thread lately but im slightly confused. If someone could summarize then, is this game no longer being worked on? Should i stop following this thread?
  • A while ago I asked the decoded team to assist
  • They decided it would be best to redo the game from scratch themselves
  • The above point wasn't communicated well between both sides so we had a page of squabbling
  • Now the torch has been passed over properly, so you can have more faith in a team actually equipped to do the things we couldn't
  • Yugix will be updating the front page with relevant updates from the Decoded squad
  • Happy New year.

andrite

Trophies
XP
Country
  • A while ago I asked the decoded team to assist
  • They decided it would be best to redo the game from scratch themselves
  • The above point wasn't communicated well between both sides so we had a page of squabbling
  • Now the torch has been passed over properly, so you can have more faith in a team actually equipped to do the things we couldn't
  • Yugix will be updating the front page with relevant updates from the Decoded squad
  • Happy New year.
Ahh I see, well thank you. Its a shame you guys didn't finish but i'm glad hope is not lost (evolution -pardon the pun :)) in that we might still get to play this game.

Reactions: Black-Ice

MatthewZMD

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finished reading through last 2 pages, finally understands what's going on. Lol
Thank you very much to the original team, I've been following this thread for years now and I appreciate all the work yugix and others put in.
It's kinda sad to see the translation starting from scratch...

To OpDecode:
As I had asked to the original team few months(or years?) earlier, can I share the finished product to the Chinese fans over the internet? Because most of them are not familiar with western fandom enough for them to know this project but have some basic English knowledge. I surely will credit to you guys :)

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finished reading through last 2 pages, finally understands what's going on. Lol
Thank you very much to the original team, I've been following this thread for years now and I appreciate all the work yugix and others put in.
It's kinda sad to see the translation starting from scratch...

To OpDecode:
As I had asked to the original team few months(or years?) earlier, can I share the finished product to the Chinese fans over the internet? Because most of them are not familiar with western fandom enough for them to know this project but have some basic English knowledge. I surely will credit to you guys :)
If you mean link it to them so they can play it, of course. If you mean have them translate our English into Chinese, then have the contact us.

MusicBeyblader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
.... Huh. Guess I should be happy about this turn of events (cause the fact that there's gonna be translators, that is XD), but its sad to hear everything Yugix, Ice, and everyone did would be thrown out... Either way (I know you heard this from many already but I'll say it again): Thanks a bunch you guys, for everything. I remember when I was following the old thread and watched the progress grow bit by bit, then the story translation just stood at a standstill cause of the lack of a "permanent" translator. I enjoyed watching the progress and anticipating the release of the patch (I even asked Ice when he thought it'd be done in the last thread, which he replied the same way as he did to everyone else; it was amazing XD). Anyways, thanks again for your hard work, you guys!!

As for the new team, good luck and I'm looking forward to watching how this turns out in the future XD.

*Edit* : A little late, but Happy New Year to all of you guys too XD

Last edited by MusicBeyblader,

MarVan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys, I never meant for this to happen. I was just curious to get a translation within my time. I appreciate Rommstar's help, however.

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry guys, I never meant for this to happen. I was just curious to get a translation within my time. I appreciate Rommstar's help, however.
You and your specific brain/spine tumour that somehow allows you to play games has nothing to do with the turnover of this project.

Sporky McForkinspoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't get even a fraction of the people I've had to deal with knocking on your door.
We're used to it. Fortunately, since most of our traffic comes to our blog, we have a lot better tools for controlling spam. The word "cancer" has been in the filter for almost two years now, I think.

Reactions: saadred

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
It was actually an argument against taking over. I seriously don't get why that kind of begging isn't a bannable offense.
I SERIOUSLY hope you guys don't get even a fraction of the people I've had to deal with knocking on your door.

Not to mention we're still not entirely sure if you really do have that tumor since you refused to provide actual documentation or if you were trying to play the worst pity card ever made. And I'm with Ice on this. Then again, if updates are being posted here you might still get them haha, but I'm sure that Ice and others like myself will take care of them if they post here, just as before. Sarcastic replies are our forte, I've found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ah, I see.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i wasnt even born when fox kids/jetix was alive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also a couple years ago latin american fox got renamed to star channel
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry
    i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ah sonic x, that show is valid
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (of course the mf with a sonic pfp would say that 😭)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you are not dumb or stupid, you need to stop saying that, you are very smart, even about alot of things I have no clue about. We all love you here, like a big family.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah @BigOnYa love me so much he started yelling at me for having my shoes on in the bed when he caught me with his wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, I don't want mud crumbs in my bed, and btw you left without paying your tab. Ill add it to next month but getting tired of extending.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope silent hill 2 turns out good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen that, hope so too, the first was so epic back then.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Didn't look into much is it just a remake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing drive me crazy is all these new horror games nowadays is its so dark, all time. I can't even play them. I understand they trying to create spooky but be creative a little, not just darkness with pop out scare scenes.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, either that or mascot horror
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna watch gintama for the first time
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, I always turn the lights up on those lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Two studio lights for one horror game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Couch casting for horror
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mig switch already has a v2 lol
  • OGSniper @ OGSniper:
    How we doin' in here?
    OGSniper @ OGSniper: How we doin' in here?