Status
Not open for further replies.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe in a god. I think the first eye opening moment was reading about the tower of babel and realizing how much it sounded like Greek mythology.

For me, allowing myself to question things, it was easier to see all of the things that just didn't add up, and how things aren't quite what you're told they were. I think there's a reason the church actively discourages questioning the bible.

As far as an afterlife, I hope there's some sort of reincarnation or recycling, or better yet the curtain is pulled back.
See, it's actually the opposite for me, reading about parallels in stories between religions makes me think it's more plausible

Reactions: Deleted User

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me it's difficult. I am both Jewish and Catholic. I lost my Uncle and My Pet Within Five days. (I'm 14 years old)

I woke up one morning and was taking a walk with my mom down to a shopping center, and got a text from my dad:

"I am Sorry To Tell You That Uncle Oliver Passed Away Last Night."

Five days later, I was getting ready for his funeral with my dad, sister, stepmom, and step syblings. I got a call from my mom that my guinea pig has passed away.

Makes me kinda sad, but I guess god does what he does for a reason :(

RIP Uncle Ollie: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-lbts-oliver-parker-obit-20150914-story.html

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

XtremeHacker

Trophies
Website
www.insanelymac.com
XP
Country
Canada
For me it's difficult. I am both Jewish and Catholic. I lost my Uncle and My Pet Within Five days. (I'm 14 years old)

I woke up one morning and was taking a walk with my mom down to a shopping center, and got a text from my dad:

"I am Sorry To Tell You That Uncle Oliver Passed Away Last Night."

Five days later, I was getting ready for his funeral with my dad, sister, stepmom, and step syblings. I got a call from my mom that my guinea pig has passed away.

Makes me kinda sad, but I guess god does what he does for a reason :(

RIP Uncle Ollie: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-lbts-oliver-parker-obit-20150914-story.html
God doesn't do that stuff, he lets satan do it so we know what satan's way leads to.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont believe in god. Frankly, in my opinion I find the whole god thing absolutely absurd. Science all the way. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who do believe in god, whether it be for guidance, a set of rules to follow or whatever. But no, not for me. You are born, you live, and you die. And death is exactly the same as not being born. There doesn't have to be a purpose to life at all, it just "is" and you pretty much do what you want with it and get out of it what you put in.

My justification for this view is quite simple. No other species on this planet believes in god. We are just animals that got clever through learning and evolution. If we didn't have any of the intelligence we possess right now, religion wouldn't exist. We would just live in survival mode just like everything else does on this planet. Fight or flight etc.

Also, if somehow it was possible to wipe everyones mind, and delete all history books etc, eventually science would more or less get back to where it was, but religion, whilst it might come about again, would be totally different in every way. Different timescales, different stories, different everything. That tells me personally, all I need to know.

Last edited by kristianity77,

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God doesn't do that stuff, he lets satan do it so we know what satan's way leads to.

So God not only let Satan kill @dpad_5678's Uncle, but his Guinea Pig as well? What were they doing, making blood sacrifices together? Seriously, not only is this statement absolutely ridiculous but it is also incredibly insensitive to @dpad_5678's loss. Besides, who would want to worship a God who allows his opponent to kill people just to show how bad his opponent is? You know what that makes God? An accomplice to murder. Who's the real bad guy in that situation? :/

Last edited by Relys,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well not exactly in God, but in " forces that rule the universe" , and I don't mean the human force that also mess with the life of a lot of peoples :/

When I was born my family where to Catholicism, so I was as well.. latter my mom went to spiritism, so I did but then I "gave up" about the christian God... I don't know much but I even was pessimist and depressive, when young I believed that God would help me out with this but things around just looked that where being worse (with this, I was growing and learning about how humans are stupid and never learning with the history, politics and stuffs ).
So well today I'm "agnostic" :/ I respect every faith someone can have, just not wanting that everybody need to think the same way :B
I also don't like the idea that " god can't be proved so he doesn't exist", a lot of atheist use this but they also can't prove the value of money, but agree, trust and don't question it, economics, gold/dollar reserve the country have, yadda yadda, on the end it's just a piece of paper that rule the world because someone told that it have value...

About afterlife ... well I'm not sure what to think....

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

XtremeHacker

Trophies
Website
www.insanelymac.com
XP
Country
Canada
So God not only let Satan kill @dpad_5678's Uncle, but his Guinea Pig as well? What were they doing, making blood sacrifices together? Seriously, not only is this statement absolutely ridiculous but it is also incredibly insensitive to @dpad_5678's loss. Besides, who would want to worship a God who allows his opponent to kill people just to show how bad his opponent is? Who's the real bad guy in that situation? :/
If you don't believe then It's useless arguing with you this is just an opinion thread so let's just stop.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
I dont believe in god. Frankly, in my opinion I find the whole god thing absolutely absurd. Science all the way. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people who do believe in god, whether it be for guidance, a set of rules to follow or whatever. But no, not for me. You are born, you live, and you die. And death is exactly the same as not being born. There doesn't have to be a purpose to life at all, it just "is" and you pretty much do what you want with it and get out of it what you put in.

I mostly agree, but science is only as good as what it can see, test, and prove. I don't think we'll ever see the big bang or anything from that split second in time (or not in time?). There are plenty of cases where science thought they had it figured out based on limited data. Basically, science will never get it all right, or have enough proof to say that there is no god. In fact, science does leave open the possibility of their being a god of sorts. Our universe could easily be a simple organism in a larger world, and it could have been created by a being. The real stretch is assuming that the being cares about 'the hairs on your head', or hasn't already walked away from the experiment.

Maybe the big bang is actually the result of dropping a gigantic Alka Seltzer in some water, and we're now an expanding bubble that will either collapse or pop.

I also agree with you, my beliefs are my own and I don't want to force them on anyone. Maybe religion is truly a personal experience.

Last edited by cdoty,

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
HAHAHAHAHAHA, you having a giggle mate?

Also, 2000th post :toot:

XtremeHacker

Trophies
Website
www.insanelymac.com
XP
Country
Canada
My argument is entirely based on the pre-condition that God exists.
pre-condition, not actually believing. There is a difference.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So God not only let Satan kill @dpad_5678's Uncle, but his Guinea Pig as well? What were they doing, making blood sacrifices together? Seriously, not only is this statement absolutely ridiculous but it is also incredibly insensitive to @dpad_5678's loss. Besides, who would want to worship a God who allows his opponent to kill people just to show how bad his opponent is? You know what that makes God? An accomplice to murder. Who's the real bad guy in that situation? :/
If he never let Satan do bad then his angels would never relize what Satan is, which is pure EVIL because. And I have had some very sad thing happen in my life I wans't trying or intending to be insensitive.
I rest my case.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just don't see the logic a lot of the time in how its possible for people to pick and choose what they believe in about god and what they dont. For example:

Religious man gets ill.

Religious man goes to doctor

Doctor prescribes whatever medication is needed to allow religious man to get better again

Relious man thanks god.

What?

Seriously?

If the man really believed in god and what he was about, why did he go and see a doctor? If he got ill, surely, thats all part of gods plan? And if god wanted him better again, he would have made it so? So why did this person go and see a doctor, and then have the audacity at the end of it to praise god for making him better again?

The fact that he did get better, that is without question, is based on science, and not on religion. There are literally endless amounts of sitations where the same rule applies every day, all around the world.

Also, as a sidenote. I don't understand the religious side of things like "god decides when its time / everything happens for a reason etc etc.

If this was true, why do religious people look both ways when they cross a road?

If its not their time, then surely they should be able to blindly cross the road and make it safely to their destination everytime, until its their time no? So why does that person look both ways?

Last edited by kristianity77,

XtremeHacker

Trophies
Website
www.insanelymac.com
XP
Country
Canada
I just don't see the logic a lot of the time in how its possible for people to pick and choose what they believe in about god and what they dont. For example:

Religious man gets ill.

Religious man goes to doctor

Doctor prescribes whatever medication is needed to allow religious man to get better again

Relious man thanks god.

What?

Seriously?

If the man really believed in god and what he was about, why did he go and see a doctor? If he got ill, surely, thats all part of gods plan? And if god wanted him better again, he would have made it so? So why did this person go and see a doctor, and then have the audacity at the end of it to praise god for making him better again?

The fact that he did get better, that is without question, is based on science, and not on religion. There are literally endless amounts of sitations where the same rule applies every day, all around the world.
The doctor is one of God's helpers on earth so to speak.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
I just don't see the logic a lot of the time in how its possible for people to pick and choose what they believe in about god and what they dont..

Reminds me of this:
031-thank-you-jesus-womanfor-helping-me-find-find-my-car-keys-football-player-for-letting-me-throw-that-touchdown-starving-child.jpg

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One more situation. Albeit a morbid one :rofl:

If I, as a non religious person am locked in a room with a religious person and I hold a gun lets say. Whose decides whether the religious person locked in with me lives or dies? Is it me, or is it god?

If it's god that decides, then surely that means that life is pre determined. As surely he knows beforehand whether I will pull the trigger or not. Because if he doesnt know, then it was my decision and not his.

If thats the case, then it brings me back to my earlier analogies. Why do religious people look where they are going when they cross the road, or why do they go to the doctors? If everything is set in motion and we as people, only have the illusion of choice and in fact everything is already set, then why bother with being cautious when your date is set anyway?

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
The doctor is one of God's helpers on earth so to speak.

What if the doctor is Buddhist or Muslim?

And, why does god receive the credit for the good things, but isn't responsible for the bad?

As an example, if I let you poison my dog, wouldn't I be as responsible as you for the poisoning?

Last edited by cdoty,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.