Hacking DOP-IOS MOD 10

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
But r24 is much more convenient when doing Trucha Bug Restore, because it chooses the appropriate options automatically so that we just need to press A a few times to get the job done.

So, why not keeping this ? Any bug in r24, as far as the Trucha Bug restoring process is concerned ?

The coders and testers felt it would be better to not rush through the process. It's open source so if you want to change it for your personal use, feel free to do so.

P.S. TBR had been implemented already, however the "Download IOS files from NUS" option didn't work. Now it is possible to load the wads from SD AND download them from the NUS server, hence the "Fixed" note.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
But r24 is much more convenient when doing Trucha Bug Restore, because it chooses the appropriate options automatically so that we just need to press A a few times to get the job done.

So, why not keeping this ? Any bug in r24, as far as the Trucha Bug restoring process is concerned ?
Because the way TBR was implemented in back in Dop-IOS MOD v9 (or r24 as you call it) didn't work for most people. NUS (online) installation didn't work for anyone. Using the full implementation, everything works for everyone. Granted, it does require a little extra user input and basic reading skills; But if you're intelligent enough to complain about this, it shouldn't be a problem for you. If, in the future, we can fix the automated method, it will be readded. For now though, please just be happy that you have one less app to keep on your SD Card.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
about time you register Arikado
wink.gif

you should stay away from these piracy sites
tongue.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
OArikadoO said:
TeenTin said:

Because the way TBR was implemented in back in Dop-IOS MOD v9 (or r24 as you call it) didn't work for most people. NUS (online) installation didn't work for anyone. Using the full implementation, everything works for everyone. Granted, it does require a little extra user input and basic reading skills; But if you're intelligent enough to complain about this, it shouldn't be a problem for you. If, in the future, we can fix the automated method, it will be readded. For now though, please just be happy that you have one less app to keep on your SD Card.

I don't think I am intelligent. But, as far as I know, intelligent people tends to make things simple.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TeenTin said:
OArikadoO said:
TeenTin said:

I don't think I am intelligent. But, as far as I know, intelligent people tends to make things simple.

The right thing to do is rarely the simplest. Personally, I think it makes more sense to force people to pay attention to what they're doing rather than have them press A once and walk away.

Like I said before, if you don't like it feel free to change it. That's the plus side to open source software.

Also, whether it was intentional or not.....the portion of your post that's bolded up there sounds like a jab at the coders who are doing you a service by releasing this app. They could have just kept it for their own personal use. If you don't like it, don't use it.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Just so everyone knows, we rereleased last night as Dop-IOS MOD v10.1 to fix the typos everyone was complaining about and infinitely lengthen the time error messages appear on the screen.

So if someone wants to start a new topic for it, go for it.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the great tool! However I found one bug. When you're doing the downgrading of IOS15 and after that trying to install IOS36 from wad it can't find the wad file. It seems like when an IOS reload is done before going to the IOS36 menu it will fail to read the sd-card for some reason. The wads are all in place.
Very simple to test this is:
* Do a downgrade of IOS15 without reloading the IOS (Press B) (this will load the wad from SD)
* Do a downgrade of IOS15 with reloading the IOS (whis won't load the wad from SD because it says that it couldn't find it)

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Scarfish said:
Thanks for the great tool! However I found one bug. When you're doing the downgrading of IOS15 and after that trying to install IOS36 from wad it can't find the wad file. It seems like when an IOS reload is done before going to the IOS36 menu it will fail to read the sd-card for some reason. The wads are all in place.
* Do a downgrade of IOS15 without reloading the IOS (Press B) (this will load the wad from SD)
* Do a downgrade of IOS15 with reloading the IOS (whis won't load the wad from SD because it says that it couldn't find it)

You're not trying to reload IOS 15 are you? Of course loading the IOS you're messing with is going to cause problems for you.

If you just follow these instructions it'll work:

*Select IOS36, downgrade IOS15.
*Select IOS15, go to the IOS36 menu, install patched IOS36 (trucha + identify) to IOS36.
*Select IOS36, restore IOS15

I've done this successfully multiple times and so have upwards of ten different people.

Also, there isn't any chance you have an SD Card that randomly fails, is there?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OArikadoO said:
You're not trying to reload IOS 15 are you? Of course loading the IOS you're messing with is going to cause problems for you.

*Select IOS15, go to the IOS36 menu, install patched IOS36 (trucha + identify) to IOS36.

I've done this successfully multiple times and so have upwards of ten different people.

Yep, these steps work
They're exactly the same as with TBR

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OArikadoO said:
Scarfish said:

No, I'm not trying to reload an IOS I'm messing with. I'm reloading an IOS of which I'm certain it should work.
I'm also not having any other troubles with the sd-card. But what I described is working for you? (all files as wad on the root of the SD)

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Scarfish If I understand correctly what you're trying to do the reason it fails is because of a failure to close the sd before the IOSReload. I've put in hopefully a fix for that in the latest version of my mod of dop-ios mod. Which has features Wad Manager, IOS Checks, update all IOSs option, and Priiloader Hacks. You can read more about the past version at the original posts:http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194...p;#entry2492654

But anyways here is the latest version which has been merged with r55 and hopefully fixes your problem. Please note some of these new features are not very well tested yet so please be safe and have a nand backup.

Download:http://www.zshare.net/download/7058609819ec4ba5/

jskyboo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so Arikado?? If im correct about what he is attempting to do, reload the ios and then load the ios from wad on sd then that fails because the sd was not closed correctly before the IOS_ReloadIOS. Is he having trouble doing something else?? Have you even looked into the possibility of a bug that Scarfish may have uncovered?

BTW signcheck has a goof in its code it mixes up Trucha bug with Es_Identify, just a heads up.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to mod a friends wii and I follow a guide and here is what I run for dop-ios 3] Run Dop-IOS v7,Press right until you see IOS60.
Press A to select yes for everything.
Let it install, restart your Wii.
My question is do I just replace the Dop-IOS v7 folder with the new Dop-IOS mod 10 and it should work fine? I plan on staying with 4.1U rev14. and running preloader .29 and Cioscorp v3.6

Here are the steps I follow before the dop-ios
1a] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Press B to choose No IOS Reload
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Go to Downgrade IOS15
Press A to downgrade.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A.

1b] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS15 and press A. (Important)
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it.
Choose IOS36 menu. In there use these settings:
Install IOS to slot (36)
Hash check (trucha) YES
ES_Identity YES
Nand Permissions YES
Then press A on install patched IOS36.
Everytime it says "load IOS from SD", press right twice to make it say "load IOS from NUS" then press A.

1c] Run Trucha Bug Restorer
Choose IOS36 and press A
Wait till it says Press 1 then press it
Then Choose restore IOS15.
Press A to restore.

2] Run CIOSrev14 installer
Choose IOS36 and press A.
Choose Network install and press A.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1