Hacking DRE after changing the DVD drive.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
My good ol' D2C drive died months ago, and today my new D4 drive just arrived (yeah, I know it can't read backups. It was the cheapest one I could afford).

I replaced the old drive correctly, everything OK up to this point. The problem is that it gives DRE's with any of my retail games ("Disc couldn't be read" message) after loading them from the Disc Channel; even the game banner is reproduced perfectly fine.

I disassembled my Wii (again...) to see how the drive was performing. I don't really know what's wrong, but it suddenly stops reading the game disc after loading it (not even the Wrist Strap screen appears. It goes straight to the DRE).

Any ideas? My console is from 2008; it's a LU54, with BootMii as Boot2/IOS and FW 4.1U. And not, it really shouldn't be an IOS problem; I always verify/reinstall them with DOP-Mii.

StarWolf3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Did you also replace the Drive Board (with the Drive Chip onboard) and not only the Drive itself? When replacing the Drive you (mostly) also have to replace the Drive Board with the Chip on it to let the Drive function properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vrGW1mFT3SQ?si=t0KAnltMZX9bbXDB lol prime musk piss flavor