Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
This may be related with one of my previous issues.

When I wanted to boot my downloaded games in twl menuthrough the flashcart's kernel i get an "error 1"

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Why does my dsi xl not have the pre installed software that the xl model normally has like flipnote studio, the dsi browser and the brain age games?

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any substantial differences between a Ace3DS+ and the X variant? or is it the usual
"buy this upgraded version that costs more"? akin to EZ flash Omega and it's DE equivalent

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any substantial differences between a Ace3DS+ and the X variant? or is it the usual
"buy this upgraded version that costs more"? akin to EZ flash Omega and it's DE equivalent
Ace3DS X can do ntrboot whereas the + variant cannot. Otherwise they function practically the same.

Materia_tofu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong but the R4i Gold has a timebomb, right?
Asking in regards to helping my friend set his up
as the last time i owned that exact one was i believe back in 2018
so my memory is a bit hazy other than using NTRboothax for me and friends at school lol

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I use ysmenu instead of twilight menu in my r4 or should I use wood as the "default" menu/loader?
If you prefer TWLMenu++'s GUI, you can still use that, but you can use either YSMenu or Wood as the loader (depending on which one the flashcard guide has you install).
Otherwise, you can just use YSMenu/Wood instead.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If you prefer TWLMenu++'s GUI, you can still use that, but you can use either YSMenu or Wood as the loader (depending on which one the flashcard guide has you install).
Otherwise, you can just use YSMenu/Wood instead.
Also, do twl menu and wood remove the flashcart's timebomb or only ysmenu can do that?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok so I have an issue when making the wood menu the default loader.

Im using the bl2ck version of wood bc i have a r4isdhc.com 2019 flashcart and when I installed it:
  1. it didnt boot automatically
  2. When I open akmenu4.nds in the flaschart's stock kernel and then booting a game through the wood menu its just an endless loading screen (similar to the issue i was having when booting akmenu4.nds through twl menu)
Post automatically merged:

Also I get a data abort error when booting mario slam basketball through nds bootstrap (its a good dump of the game)

Last edited by Xdqwerty,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have an issue when making the wood menu the default loader.

Im using the bl2ck version of wood bc i have a r4isdhc.com 2019 flashcart and when I installed it:
  1. it didnt boot automatically
  2. When I open akmenu4.nds in the flaschart's stock kernel and then booting a game through the wood menu its just an endless loading screen (similar to the issue i was having when booting akmenu4.nds through twl menu)
Try YSMenu instead then.
Also I get a data abort error when booting mario slam basketball through nds bootstrap (its a good dump of the game)
You may need to insert a DS Memory Expansion Pak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: