Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
Spinal: not sure if what you saying was meant for me - but I've given it a try on my SDHC card

So I've DLDI patched YSMenu (with your DLDI from post 391 pg27) & renamed it,Changed YSMenu.ini 'Auto_Boot=/DSision_2.nds' so that it starts up DSision straight away & started up

This is what happens:-
> Black screen[top]/White[Bottom]
> Colours flip so that Black[Bottom]/White[Top]
> Progress bar shows along bottom
> Neoflash screen pops up for a second & DSision starts up normally
* Note: I checked YSMenu.ini @ this point & 'AUTO_BOOT=/'
> Choose a Commercial ROM
> Both Screens are White & stays White even after waiting a minute
* Note: I checked YSmenu.ini after this & 'AUTO_BOOT=ds games/Brain Age.nds'

> Repeated this for a Homebrew game (Video Game Hero) - & YSmenu.ini shows 'AUTO_BOOT=/'

So ysmenu cant autoboot commercial games from SDHC... seems a little weird, but at least we know the problem is with ysmenu and not DSision. Then I'm afraid there may be nothing we can do about it
frown.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Spinal:Oh dear - seems like I misunderstood what you wanted to try & do

I had set up YSmenu to 'AUTO_BOOT=\DSision_2.nds' on SDHC card & THEN tried running ROM & it didn't work, but it seems what you wanted was to try & 'AUTOBOOT=\ds games\Brain Age.nds' (or whatever)

Anyway - I've just tried that out & YSMenu DID auto boot 'Brain Age.nds' on an SDHC card straight away with no problems. So it does seem like the YSMenu CAN autoboot commercial ROMS

Sorry for the mix-up

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
Spinal:Oh dear - seems like I misunderstood what you wanted to try & do

I had set up YSmenu to 'AUTO_BOOT=\DSision_2.nds' on SDHC card & THEN tried running ROM & it didn't work, but it seems what you wanted was to try & 'AUTOBOOT=\ds games\Brain Age.nds' (or whatever)

Anyway - I've just tried that out & YSMenu DID auto boot 'Brain Age.nds' on an SDHC card straight away with no problems. So it does seem like the YSMenu CAN autoboot commercial ROMS

Sorry for the mix-up

ok then. I'm still at a complete loss as to what the problem might be. The loader we're using in DSision is chishm's homebrew loader, which, as far as i know, is the most compatible homebrew loader there is. But you're right, if ysmenu can autoboot a commercial rom without DSision getting in the way, but with DSision there it doesn't it does seem that perhaps ysmenu isn't being loaded right.

Have you tried the moonshell ysmenu solution? It works the same way, does that fail the same way DSision does?

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, but is the link on your blog to the latest DSision 2 firmware? I'd like a dated link somewhere fixed, because I hate to search through this thread for the latest version, as I don't constantly visit GBAtemp.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
BakuFunn said:
Just a question, but is the link on your blog to the latest DSision 2 firmware? I'd like a dated link somewhere fixed, because I hate to search through this thread for the latest version, as I don't constantly visit GBAtemp.

I'm updating the link in y blog now, by the time you read this, it should be the most up to date vaersion.

QUOTE(boogerlad @ Apr 26 2009, 03:02 AM) WOW! I just found dsision2 and i have to say that it's pretty impressive. Will cheat support ever come though?

Sadly there is no way to apply cheats using the current loading method (hijacking ysmenu). Sorry.

sacha78580

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BakuFunn said:
See aroud there ...http://www.socoder.net/index.php?blogs=17111

Spinal -> I'm testing with moosnshell2, i wil post a reply soon
It works fine with moonshell2
biggrin.gif

Notice that i have to format my SDHC on fat32 i remeber

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK, there does seem to be some issues that are making themselves clear
frown.gif
I have recently started testing on an Acekard2, and well, it doesn't work very well. Ysmenu will work fine autobooting if loaded by itself, but if I load ysmenu through DSision, then in most cases, the file it tries to autoboot will just give two white screens. I have no Idea what the cause for this could be, the only thing I can think is that chishm's loader (used by DSision2) is doing something unexpected.

However, DSision still works fine on R4DS + TTDS when using a standard MicroSD card (not HCSD).

sacha78580

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is really unlucky
frown.gif
frown.gif

I will keep moonshell2 in boot (more pretty than YSmenu
tongue.gif
) on my 4 gb and continue with Dsison2 on my 2 gb, thals anyway for your great job !

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The autoboot doesnt work when loading ysmenu from the acekard loader either. this suggests to me that the problem is with ysmenu, not whatever is loading it.

[edit] however, ysmenu seems perfectly able to autoboot homebrew from acekard.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
Have you tried the moonshell ysmenu solution? It works the same way, does that fail the same way DSision does?
Spinal: Just to let you know - I've just done the above on my SDHC card & it works fine for ROMS but not for Homebrew (the direct opposite to what DSision does)

As an experiment I thought I'll try the same thing but replacing 'DSision' instead of 'Moonshell' (DLDI patching/rename & all that) - but still no luck, still 2 white screens
I guess there's some difference between the 'nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds' launcher & your method via DSision & it's this that causing the problem

Silly question though - how difficult would it be to USE 'nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds' instead of yours (or are they the same anyway ?) for commercial ROMS

I'm guessing that in DSision you have some form of check like:
'Is *.nds a ROM or Homebrew' > 'If ROM Use my code to write to YSMenu.ini AUTO_BOOT & launch YSMenu otherwise If Homebrew run it directly'
Could it be changed to
'Is *.nds a ROM or Homebrew' > 'If ROM pass required parameters & run nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds otherwise If Homebrew run it directly' - or would that be to difficult ?

Edited: On a slight side note - Why does the Neoflash version remember my 'show boxart' selection on the DSi theme but the latest version on your blog doesn't ??

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
boogerlad said:
WOW! I just found dsision2 and i have to say that it's pretty impressive. Will cheat support ever come though?
Sadly there is no way to apply cheats using the current loading method (hijacking ysmenu). Sorry.
There is a way around this though - When Starting a game through DSision by pressing [A], Press & Hold straight away & you boot into YSMenu without loading the game
You can then select your cheats & start the game using YSMenu - a bit long winded but at least it's a way

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
Edited: On a slight side note - Why does the Neoflash version remember my 'show boxart' selection on the DSi theme but the latest version on your blog doesn't ??

I'll have a look, but as a guess, I would say it's because the neoflash version is based on the code i had already, but the latest one is based on leinad's copy of the code (basically the same, but tidier). I'll have a look at why it's not saving that. Should be able to figure it out and re-upload today.

Also, I'll have a look at nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds, see if there is any info on how the filename is passed to it and if it is a loadable regular nds file.

[edit]OK, there is hope, but only a little. I am managing to pass the correct info for nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds to correctly edit ysmenu.ini, also it is launching ysmenu. The problem is... I'm getting the same white screens as before
frown.gif
it's more than a little irritating, because without passing the info to nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds and letting it use the old info (from the previously loaded game from moonshell) it boots into ysmenu just fine.

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
@ kermitfrog

I don't know what's exactly your problem. I have checked both MoonShell2 beta.11 and DSision2 Neo, and both loads without any problem comercial roms/hombrew (with YSMenu, of course v090207).

I use microSD 2GB FAT32 and tried on SCDSOne SDHC, Ak2 and AkRPG

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Boriar said:
@ kermitfrog

I don't know what's exactly your problem. I have checked both MoonShell2 beta.11 and DSision2 Neo, and both loads without any problem comercial roms/hombrew (with YSMenu, of course v090207).

I use microSD 2GB FAT32 and tried on SCDSOne SDHC, Ak2 and AkRPG

You have DSision+ysmenu working properly on AK2? All I get is white screens when trying to load a game!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
OK, there is hope, but only a little. I am managing to pass the correct info for nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds to correctly edit ysmenu.ini, also it is launching ysmenu. The problem is... I'm getting the same white screens as before
frown.gif
it's more than a little irritating, because without passing the info to nds.YSLoaderForMS2.nds and letting it use the old info (from the previously loaded game from moonshell) it boots into ysmenu just fine.It's a pity I don't know much about programming (the last time I tried was way back using DELPHI on WFW3.11
laugh.gif
) - however from your description it seems to me the problem lies with YSMenu not accepting the modified YSMenu.ini regardless of whatever method you use (DSision own method or via YSLoader) since it seems to work fine when YSMenu.ini is not modifed

After a quick search I found a small article about the differences between SD & SDHC cards @ http://www.flashcards.co.nz/knowledge/sd-card.html
& the point in this article that struck me was this
QUOTESDHC cards uses the same form factor as SD, but the SD 2.0 standard in SDHC uses a different memory addressing method (sector addressing vs byte addressing)
It's got me thinking that THIS could be the reason.
Could it be that when YSMenu.ini is 'altered'/'saved'- it's being saved as 'Sector addressing' & YSMenu can only accept 'Byte Addressing'
unsure.gif

Unfortunately I've got NO idea what the differences are
wacko.gif
or what the hell I'm talking about

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
hehe, I have a small app that loads ysloader and passes the filename to it. ysloader correctly edits ysmenu.ini then attempts to load ysmenu. If i load ysmenu by hand from acekard2 firmware it works fine, no matter which method is used to edit ysmenu. I really can't think what the problem might be.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care