Hacking DSision2...

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
EDITED: I've just tried latest DSision & DSTT firmware w/o YSmenu & it doesn't load anything - homebrew OR ROMS,if I then add YSmenu & tried again - All I get is 2 white screens
Sorry, it' was my fault. Like i try to run comercial roms, when i say dsision2 here i refered to DSision2+YSmenu
tongue.gif
, and for ndsrom is for both comercial and homebrew.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Boriar said:
Sorry, it' was my fault. Like i try to run comercial roms, when i say dsision2 here i refered to DSision2+YSmenu
tongue.gif
, and for ndsrom is for both comercial and homebrew.
I guessed that
laugh.gif

- can you confirm what flashcard you got it working on - I'm guessing it's NOT a DSTT & that you've used the 'AKextract.exe' & not the 'TTextract.exe' program from YSmenu - I remember you mentioned AK2, AKrpg and SCDSOne, does it work on all of them ??

Oh & while you're at it - if you don't mind can you also put the info @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=151318 (in the same format as all the other entries please, just to keep things neat-&-tidy)
- it's so that we can gather all combos together in one place & see which work & which don't, we might see a common theme of which ones don't work

Many thanks

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
@kermitfrog

Don't worry. Now I'm very bussy to post this and also i'm doing some more test to post at the same time.
Anyway, your other thread are closed, do you know?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
Boriar said:
No, no. When you use YSmenu like firmware replacement there is not problem in any case. The problem is when you run it from other firmware like a homebrew on SDHC.
Try booting on DSTTi firmware and run YSmenu, then load a ndsrom. I have get the same error on AK2, AKrpg and SCDSOne, so if YSmenu don't run well it's not posible that DSision2 run well.
If I understand you right then this is what you mean

& although I didn't mention it on the video - this is on a Sandisk 8Gb Class 2 SDHC

... What version of lemmings is that? I cant get the damn thing to work, all the gfx come out scrambled
frown.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
... What version of lemmings is that? I cant get the damn thing to work, all the gfx come out scrambled
frown.gif
It's the LemmingDS @ http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/ & if memory serves me right - I only followed the installation instructions [although I'm not sure if I DLDI'd it or not], I'm also not sure but I think my version is 7.03

The only changes I did was rename 'LemmingsDS' folder to 'lemmings' & altered the 'Lemmings DS Directory' entry in 'lemmingsds_config.txt' to '/lemmings'

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
kermitfrog said:
spinal_cord said:
frown.gif
It's the LemmingDS @ http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/ & if memory serves me right - I only followed the installation instructions [although I'm not sure if I DLDI'd it or not], I'm also not sure but I think my version is 7.03

The only changes I did was rename 'LemmingsDS' folder to 'lemmings' & altered the 'Lemmings DS Directory' entry in 'lemmingsds_config.txt' to '/lemmings'

Weird, no matter which card I use, lemmings loads a bunch of the gfx scrambled
frown.gif

Boriar

Trophies
XP
Country
spinal_cord said:
frown.gif

What cart are you using? For me all work fine on scds1 and ak2.
If you want i can send you my installation with ALL the phases.
wink2.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Boriar said:
spinal_cord said:
frown.gif
What cart are you using? For me all work fine on scds1 and ak2.
If you want i can send you my installation with ALL the phases.
wink2.gif
I've already PM'd Spinal with a link to my DSTTi installation version for him to try
FrogBigGrin.gif

Maybe one of our installation will work
FrogWink.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Boriar said:
spinal_cord said:
Its working on my Ak2 now, but still no joy on my TTDS, shame, cos thats my main card
frown.gif
I haven't got any problem with DSTT firmware 1.17 running under scds1.
That's very weird
unsure.gif
- 'cos spinal has got my copy of LemmingsDS & that works fine on this combo:-
DSTTi + 8Gb Sandisk SDHC + Moonshell2 'Firmware' + YSMenu (0903270000) + linoul's YSloader for MoonShell 2 + DSi
yet it works on an AK2 but not on his TTDS !!!!
wacko.gif

Spinal - what's YOUR setup on the TTDS (bet it's got DSision2 on it
laugh.gif
) ?? - perhaps one of us can repeat the same setup & see if we get the same problem(s)

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
Spinal is dsision 2 supports 16gb micro? I can't get it to work on my 16gb sandisk micro sd. My flash cart is dstt 1.17.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
Spinal is dsision 2 supports 16gb micro? I can't get it to work on my 16gb sandisk micro sd. My flash cart is dstt 1.17.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
janouis said:
I will answer on Spinal's behalf.
I'm sorry to say but DSision2 has problems with SDHC cards BUT for some reason not on all Flash cards.

I had started a thread @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151318&hl= to see which cards worked & which didn't (It's now locked for some reason so I can't add to it) - but from what I remember it seems that a combo of DSTT (or DSTTi) cards & SDHC don't work right, while other combo's do (R4/AK etc).

I believe Spinal is/has been working on trying to find out why DSision2 doesn't work on SDHC cards - and until it's figured out, your best bet is to either stick to 'standard' SDHC cards or try the Commercial ROM Loading with MoonShell 2 & YSMenu guide.(This is what I'm currently using - until DSision is 'fixed')

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
dsgrab.jpg

I just tested on my ttds with a 4gb hcsd card, ysmenu seems to
be the problem, I freeze on this screen when trying to load a game.
This was using an hcsd dldi patch, can't remember where i got
it from, maybe yasu's site...

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
@kermitfrog: Thnx for the reply! i'm using it on my 2gb micro but for my 16 gb i'll stick to YSmenu for now...
smile.gif

@spinal: hope an update soon, thnx 4 this wonderful gui keep up the awesome work!!!
yaynds.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
[Request]
- to all who have tried DSision2 - can you post your results (regardless of whether it worked or not) @ This thread

I tried to gather as much info before about Working/Non-working DSision2 combo's, just to see if there's a common problem (such as some cards don't work with SDHC) - but thread got 'locked' so I've had to re-post it all again

Please try to keep the format of info the same as the examples in the thread (as I think it makes it easier to read IMHO
wink.gif
)

Many Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: But that's urewife