Hacking Dump Your own DS Games

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Would like to try using this program but I can't download it from the Archive. I click the link and get a "Not found" error...

Any mirrors for it people can cite?

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have all the settings correct but each time i try to get it set up this message pops up on my DS
Cant connect with the FTP Server.
Comfirm the setting or the ini. file

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't mean to sound offensive to your guide, but this is pointless because I pirate games that I DON'T OWN.

grog.gif

Kotep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem that some other people in the thread had--it gets to 100%, then says 'Data transfer failed. Please do over again.' I even tried setting the timeout up higher for smallftp (I'm using Windows) but that didn't work.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be following the instructions correctly… And I already connect to the Internet on my DS with the shared connection from my iMac.

I keep getting the error "Can't connect with the FTP Server. Confirm the setting of the ini file."

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
I figured how to do this a long time ago but it requires both a Slot 2 card running in NDS mode. On the other hand I don't need a Mac or a running FTP server. It does it all through the DS. I actually did a thread and it ended up 9 pages long with my research but that was 2 years ago and I had it closed when it started to go out of that grey area.

EDIT: nm... It does look like it might be a feasable option for those with DSi but I prefer to use my setup which is actually faster I think.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Something that runs entirely on the DS seems good. I know I've dumped GBA Games with a Slot 1 device. I can imagine using a Slot 2 device in DS Mode, either with Flash Me or using a Passme and taking it out and putting in the game.

I asked on a forum, but they said that can't be done, but then again that forum is full of noobs (DGEmu).

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
Actually my program was made by the same person as who did the application on the first post. You could use any PassMe type device to put the Slot 2 card in NDS mode and the program would store the Slot 1 dump to that card. That also means that any Slot 2 with built-in storage can't be used in most cases.

shinji257

Trophies
Website
www.elite-systems.org
XP
Country
United States
At least when I was actively doing this Slot 2 solutions that had on-board storage had a proprietary setup. I wasn't referring to Slot 1 solutions which are in a different ballpark.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Don't mean to sound offensive to your guide, but this is pointless because I pirate games that I DON'T OWN.

grog.gif

You could buy games and dump them to put them on Rom sites across the internet....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1