Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

StArSeEd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have just figured out my problem -- there was only 1.85MB free on the SD card. Upon opening it on my PC to move everything over so I could format it, I noticed an empty "temp" directory that wasn't on there before, then I noticed the extreme lack of free space. I'm guessing WAD Manager has to decompress the WAD contents onto the SD card during installation, or something similar, and it simply did not have enough free space to complete this. This would explain why it failed part-way through the installation instead of immediately. I'll skip #2 for now and jump straight to #3 after deleting some files. Wish me luck!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StArSeEd said:
I think I may have just figured out my problem -- there was only 1.85MB free on the SD card. Upon opening it on my PC to move everything over so I could format it, I noticed an empty "temp" directory that wasn't on there before, then I noticed the extreme lack of free space. I'm guessing WAD Manager has to decompress the WAD contents onto the SD card during installation, or something similar, and it simply did not have enough free space to complete this. This would explain why it failed part-way through the installation instead of immediately. I'll skip #2 for now and jump straight to #3 after deleting some files. Wish me luck!

good luck, that temp folder is created by "Homebrew Browser"...it'll get recreated every time you run it.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
good luck, that temp folder is created by "Homebrew Browser"...it'll get recreated every time you run it.
Yeah, don't delete it, otherwise when you go into homebrew browser, it will takes forever loading pages, and it will re-create the temp directory, soon as updates are available, you get a DOWNLOADING message, that's how you know there is a new updated app etc, unless you removed temp then you would get that downloading message anyway.

kolobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did any of you asking about downgrading, installing wads and looking for IOS16 etc. actually read my post on page 32 at the bottom. Could i have perhaps made it more simpler other than adding links for the programs you need?

Im fairly new to this also but i managed without too much trouble and extracting the ios16 file from the pink fish disc wotsit was EASY!!! having never used wiiscrubber or reading a tutorial.

Come on peeps you can do it if you study it a little more.

Truegamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i found the problem...to why i cant install Cios_fix.wad...
is it possible that i installed an ios16 thats from another region?
or is it just a bad wad?
the wad says IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
and another thing to the people who got the install of CIOS_fix.wad to work
when installing ios16 wad how long is it supposed 2 install cause mine installs 1 content and is finished in three seconds...
is this normal?

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have an Idea!!!!
I have DVDX and if you choose advanced install, it can let you install IOS and it has many to most of the ios needed on the system IOS4 IOS16 IOS15 IOS22 and so on, even an IOS249, but that is used for homebrew of course
Should I install those IOS?, is it safe?
I am kinda desperate since i can install and uninstall WADs but my Wii won't read any discs, and if it does, will always freeze after strap message
I have also upgraded to 3.3 to see if it fixed the no reading problem, then i downgraded to 3.2 and it didn't work, i am currently at 3.1 and it still refuses to load discs properly. And as you can tell, cIOS downgrader works(Thus i have been able to downgrade), but IOS DOwngrader won't. it displays Press A if you Agree, then I press A and it says restarting Wii, ??????
Do you think it is worth a try?

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
...and also, my WAD (IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad) DOES NOT have prod in its name, it is only called IOS16-64-v257.wad, it came with a Wii Fix tules or something I downloaded

adnkc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help please! I updated my wii yesterday and it disabled mybackup loader and vc installs, but I found the 3.3v3 recovery update package that claims to fix it. First off this is the info it gave: this package contains everything you need to downgrade in case you didn't have a cIOS already installed and updated your wii since last week to the new 3.3v3 (mistakenly called 3.4 or 3.3v2).

Contents:
-IOS16 (Legitimate Wadfile)
-cIOS249 v5 (fakesigned wadfile)
[both have trucha bug!]
-WadManager 1.3 (to install IOS16)
-Modified WadManager to install cIOS249 using IOS16
-Full "downgrader" to run once thats all done.

instructions included...

ENJOY!!!

Note: MAY NOT work on Korean Wiis.

This is made possible because of the Wii data backup service disk that NOA accidentally
left inside someone's wii after repair. Ooops

There is an official IOS16 on the service disk that still contains the trucha bug and
did not get patched with the new 3.3 update version.

And yes this should work on unmodded wii's. Just use the twilight hack to start the wad
manager to install the IOS16. This can still be installed on the new 3.3 firmware because
it is an officially signed IOS. After you have IOS16 installed use the wad manager
version that uses IOS16 to install the CIOS. After you have CIOS installed you can
use wad manager to install not officially signed nintendo VC, wii ware, custom channels etc.

I installed ios16-64-v257-prod.wad by placing it in the wad file on my sd and doing the twilighthac, which was installed successfully. After that I tried to install the other wad file cIOS249-v5.wad that was unsucuessful. So my question is how do I get that wad installed sucessfully so I can do the downgrade next, according to these instructions, but I dont know what file to place the downgrader boot.dol file in either, does it go in apps or wad or private on the sd card? Please help clear this up. Thanks! --ADNKC

theultimateend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT:
frown.gif
When I updated to 3.3 it updated all the way to 3.4 (I just got an email asking me to go for 3.4 and yet I already have it
frown.gif
(That's underhanded).

Ultra bummer for me
frown.gif

Note: Is there any way to reset the firmware on my wii? This sucks hardcore.

theultimateend

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dan_Aykroyd said:
@theultimateend: did you try this IOS16 method? Doesn't it work anymore in FW 3.4?

To be honest I didn't quite understand the mechanics behind the IOS16 method. Unless I (likely) skipped the post explaining it further I ended up with a few downloads that had no readme and a bunch of files and the instructions "Use these" were basically what it boiled down to on the forums.

I'm not a complete idiot...I don't think...but I do require some sort of instruction
tongue.gif
. I'll re-scan the forums and see if there is an in depth post on IOS16.

Ritsaart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will this not brick my PAL wii? I really wantto know cuz my friend has the same problem. He doesn't want to risk anything.

Is ios 16.wad region free?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ritsaart said:
Will this not brick my PAL wii? I really wantto know cuz my friend has the same problem. He doesn't want to risk anything.

Is ios 16.wad region free?

Its always possible - if you dont want to brick then dont do it. simple as that.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
twistoff said:
During step 7, Wii is stuck on "installing IOS33 v1040"... currently on component 11...

Its been here for about 10 minutes... Afraid to reboot it... Any suggestions?
Sounds like it may be downloading the IOS ... to be honest id leave it for longer than 10 minutes - turning off the wii in the middle of this is like turning off a PC before windows is installed

twistoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
twistoff said:
During step 7, Wii is stuck on "installing IOS33 v1040"... currently on component 11...

Its been here for about 10 minutes... Afraid to reboot it... Any suggestions?
Sounds like it may be downloading the IOS ... to be honest id leave it for longer than 10 minutes - turning off the wii in the middle of this is like turning off a PC before windows is installed

Well, after waiting for a while, I ended up restarting and going to step 7 again... It just continued from where it froze up, and now I'm able to run everything!!! Thanks for this awesome guide!!

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad you got it working - that guide isnt mine - a_running_pirate wrote that one , but it is pretty good and easy to follow .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.