Hacking FINALLY!!! A Fix for The October 23d update!!!

Ritsaart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
twistoff said:
During step 7, Wii is stuck on "installing IOS33 v1040"... currently on component 11...

Its been here for about 10 minutes... Afraid to reboot it... Any suggestions?

I know that. I was just asking if this method (and all the files) are suitable for a PAL wii. Thanks for the answer BTW!

mmareshalu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I`m trying to follow the steps but when I put the tools/wadmanager etc., in my SD card nothing seems to appear when I go on the wii SD card menu just the twilight hack and that doesn't work because my wii was upgraded to 3.4.
How the hell does one run wadmanager.dol or other ones required in this tut???(Nothing comes up on my wii, do you run it on the pc?
blink.gif
)

Thanks for helping a noob.

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mmareshalu said:
I`m trying to follow the steps but when I put the tools/wadmanager etc., in my SD card nothing seems to appear when I go on the wii SD card menu just the twilight hack and that doesn't work because my wii was upgraded to 3.4.
How the hell does one run wadmanager.dol or other ones required in this tut???(Nothing comes up on my wii, do you run it on the pc?
blink.gif
)

Thanks for helping a noob.

Rename to boot.dol
lecture.gif

krizxtian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey but can someone tell me the names of all of the files that i need to downgrade or fix thw october 23 update and also how to install it or a link to a guide because im new in this i have an idea but im not sure and dont want to brick my wii

Heartxattack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
omg this works with 3.4 update
i only had the homebrew channel so... i update to 3.4 without any cios installed
biggrin.gif

with this is possible to install a cios and downgrade
gbasp.gif

mrgodzilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have usa wii 3.3u wifi connection homebrew channel thru tw hack. i do not have a modchip.
i have homebrew browser working several emulatorrs but can't get the backup loader to work. what i mean is when i try to load the cios installer(the one that comes with the backup loader .3 beta also tried backup loader .3 gamma) and when it starts to install it gets to 15 everytime and then says that it failed.
I have read through the forums and to be honest i'm confused on what to do next to try and fix this to get it to work.
I also tried installing wad manager 1.3 and i can see the wads i put on the sd card but when i click on them they also fail to install

from reading this the oct 23rd fix should fix my issue????

Edit: well i tried this fix and it worked perfectly. so if u have 3.3u and can't play wads or backup loader you might want to try this.
playing svr09 as we speak. for burning game iso i used imgburn with 2x speed memorex dvd - r
i was looking around like crazy to fix this and well you have to read through the forums fully.
thanks to those who involved

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
do i have to connect my wii online if i want to use the October 23rd fix? or is there a way to do the fix offline?
thanx!

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me for upping an older thread, but was asked to report how I got on so thought I would. Finally got round to trying the TP hack last weekend. I'd run the Oct. 23rd update having never previously modded or hacked my wii.

I just followed the instructions laid out on p.23 (as I referred to on p.33 or 34) and it worked like a charm. So thanks to all involved.

Now I actually know what a .wad is and what the HBC looks like, I'm beginning to feel like a fully-fledge wii owner.

All I got to do now is work out how to avoid banner bricks and how to run games that try to force updates, and I'm home and dry.

GBATemp is where it's at.

nbastar778

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did it and it works because i installed some wads i couldn't before using the same installer but i wanted to downgrade so i could install DVDx and it still won't install. is this because i need a certain version because i'm using system menu 3.2?

Timleh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anybody knows or those files work on a european wii or do i need European files too? Thnx.....
wacko.gif

I mean the cios_fix.wad and IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad file

I guess this is a pretty newbie question but i don't want to brick my wii so in case of i ask

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Timleh said:
Does anybody knows or those files work on a european wii or do i need European files too? Thnx.....
wacko.gif

I guess this is a pretty newbie question but i don't want to brick my wii so in case of i ask

They work on any region Wii.

mcuarom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi
i'm very much a newbie on WII..
just bought a unit and i didnt have any idea re upgrades. i was just browsing all the menu on the setting and click on upgrade now i'm having a problem and wants it back to it's original firmware. i have been doing some research on how to downgrade it till i happen to read this forum..
My question is will this process also applicable to a brand new wii no modchip installed? Or do i go directly use the IOS downgrader?

your help will be very much appreciated... getting frustrated with my 3.3u version of firmware..

thanks in advance

Account#4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
check my sig - if u can work that out u can work out the read me

That sig for those who can't be arsed registering:

--------------------
WiiGators Backuplauncher 0.3 Gamma with install instructions
http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiHowToGamma.html

Click here to install backuploader on ANY Wii including version 3.4

Wii Backup Loader issues and answers Click Here (FAQ) *(Here = http://www.iol.ie/~taz/3.3u_Update_Fix____...______IOS16.zip )

Oct 23rd UPDATE FIX : Here
Filename : 3.3_Update_Fix_____WITH_out______IOS16.zip

Timleh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RadioShadow said:
Timleh said:
wacko.gif

They work on any region Wii.

thnx man it works, you guys are all freakin genius!!

paocer

Trophies
XP
Country
I do not know if I did understand instructions for downgrade fully but this is how I did it. Please tell me if it right...

I downgraded my wii with

IOS51 Update Removal and Patch Fix

I used wad manager v 1.3

I run first ios16-64-v257.wad then
cios fix.wad then
ios36-64-v1042.wad

My wii and Homebrew channel work and games do not anymore ask my wii to upgrade. The need for speed undercover did but my homebrew still worked... i did not downgrade it anymore....

smileipb2.png

Solecist

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Ok guys....definitly, there is a huge problem here..... IF all were explained well, with the possible problems wich always can occur and THEIR solutions, there wouldn't be so much people asking and asking and scratching their heads .....LIKE ME ...
I can't say that i am a noob.... sincerely.

I have Pal Wii with cyclowiz and the homebrew channel 1.01 installed.
I had the update 3.3E ....but this downgrade giving me so much problems i decided to REALLY update to 3.4 to try the tutorials once and once more....nothing works....not even one tutorial that i had found...

Opening the HBC 1.01 .....and loading Wad Manager 1.3, i runned the IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad ....and it worked .....but not the other stuff i try to install then, like cIOSDowngrader_v1.2 or CIOS Fix .....they are constantly rebboting my wii alone.
I can't install not even one WAD ... i will not say AGAIN my problems detailed cause.....i think all people here have the same problems..
I only ask FOR someone who REALLY KNOWS what happen and appear and say..... "I REALLY KNOW" ....lol ....

sep1i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Solecist said:
Ok guys....definitly, there is a huge problem here.....
I can't install not even one WAD ... i will not say AGAIN my problems detailed cause.....i think all people here have the same problems..
I only ask FOR someone who REALLY KNOWS what happen and appear and say..... "I REALLY KNOW" ....lol ....

Seriously, not "all people" are having "the same problems".

Following the guides and steps mentioned here and elsewhere (basically the readmes in each fix) I've managed to make my 3.4 system work just fine.
I've read a lot and I've been to #wiihelp on efnet irc, to talk to people and ask questions live.
I'm still on 3.4, I see no reason to downgrade, since "everything" works.

I say "everything", since there is one little thing not yet working, DVDX, and certain apps that rely on it.
But, since I have a WiiKey2 modchip I don't have any problems playing the games I want, regular Wii, VC and Wiiware, all play just fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    meowie13 @ meowie13: hellooo everyone