Hacking Forwarder channel that forwards to boot.elf?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been looking for a forwarder channel that can forward to the HackMii installer, but the hackmii installer is a .elf file and all the forwarders I've seen only load .dol files.

So are there any forwarders that can load a boot.elf file?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
just use w/e forwarder channel to load mmm's boot.dol, then use mmm's app launcher to launch the hackmii installer's boot.elf
or, u can build a forwarder channel that can launch elf's using customize mii

@Krestent, trying to convert the hackmii installer boot.elf to a boot.dol is a bad idea

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
XFlak said:
just use w/e forwarder channel to load mmm's boot.dol, then use mmm's app launcher to launch the hackmii installer's boot.elf
or, u can build a forwarder channel that can launch elf's using customize mii

@Krestent, trying to convert the hackmii installer boot.elf to a boot.dol is a bad idea
You know, I didn't know that app. It'll be very useful for me. Thanks!

EDIT: btw, does it support sdhc cards?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me for possibly asking something stupid but why would you want a channel to boot into the hackmii installer? Thats an app you need to run literally once then never touch unless your wii gets updated and then you run it once more, but if it were a channel it would be deleted anyway and need a new exploit.

GangstaPrince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He may have updated the Wii with HBC 1.0.6 and it got deleted and he has a forwarder he had installed which he can use to boot homebrew. Just my take on it.

atrophis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GangstaPrince said:
He may have updated the Wii with HBC 1.0.6 and it got deleted and he has a forwarder he had installed which he can use to boot homebrew. Just my take on it.
I wonder, could this possible be a simi-safe way of adding an extra layer of protection to the Wii? A simple forwarder to the hackmii installer in case the Wii gets updated with a future revision and wipes homebrew?

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Ya know I was about to say nah, not possible. But actually it may well be possible.
But...it still wouldn't help anybody. Absoloute worst case is its protection from updating to be able to rehack.
But...Since all system menus are hacked, why bother? You'd just have a pointless channel taking up some space that would never ever be launched

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Actually this is for a friend, I hacked his Wii, but I have not been able to make him remember that he can't install updates! So whenever he gets a new (original, non-backup) game, he ends up calling me asking for help, because he forgot he couldn't update and now his backup loader doesn't work!

So I just wanted a channel that would let me reinstall HBC and "re-hack" his Wii without having to borrow a game that runs exploits like Brawl. And MMM just did the trick! I made a channel for it, in case anybody wants it: Wii-Like Channels Thread

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Donkey Plonk said:
Excuse me for possibly asking something stupid but why would you want a channel to boot into the hackmii installer? Thats an app you need to run literally once then never touch unless your wii gets updated and then you run it once more, but if it were a channel it would be deleted anyway and need a new exploit.
The channel wouldn't be deleted, Nintendo have so far only deleted title IDs used by HBC. Provided you choose a random one, they won't delete it.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
any forwarder channel will work, so its pointless to have a specific forwarder channel for "just in case". For example, if u have a usb-loader forwarder channel (which ModMii installs as part of extra brick protection), that forwards to SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol, just save the boot.dol for MMM in that location, then u can use mmm's app launcher to launch anything (ie. SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf).

The following quote has been a part of the ModMii guide for ages

QUOTE said:
Note: if this Wii was previously modified, and it has either the HBC, BootMii as Boot2, or a Forwarder Channel installed, you can use that instead of an exploit (as it does not require physically owning a specific game).

If using BootMii as Boot2 to install the HBC, copy the 'BootMii' folder from your previous BootMii install to the root of your SD Card (or download it using ModMii). Then boot your wii, BootMii will load, go To the SD menu, load bootmini.elf. This will load the Hackmii Installer allowing you to reinstall the HBC.

If using a Forwarder Channel, just save the boot.elf/dol from the app you want to load (ie. SD:\apps\hackmii_installer\boot.elf or SD:\apps\MMM\boot.dol) to the location used by your SPECIFIC Forwarder Channel (ie. SD:\apps\usbloader\boot.dol). Then start the channel and the Hackmii Installer will load allowing you to reinstall the HBC. Note, if your forwarder channel only loads dol's and not elf's, launch MMM's boot.dol, then use its "App Manager" to load the Hackmii Installer.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
davidsl_128 said:
Actually this is for a friend, I hacked his Wii, but I have not been able to make him remember that he can't install updates! So whenever he gets a new (original, non-backup) game, he ends up calling me asking for help, because he forgot he couldn't update and now his backup loader doesn't work!

So I just wanted a channel that would let me reinstall HBC and "re-hack" his Wii without having to borrow a game that runs exploits like Brawl. And MMM just did the trick! I made a channel for it, in case anybody wants it: Wii-Like Channels Thread
Why not just install priiloader on his wii and block disk updates? The games will still run, they just won't need an update.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Because his Wii if pretty messed up
laugh.gif
almost no programs work, they code dump after a few seconds or just return weird errors. So if Priiloader failed in the middle of the installation, I'd brick his wii! So I'd rather not use Priiloader.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL, you're looking into this for a mate who can't follow the most basic instructions.
Mate you're going above and beyond being a mate, tell him if he fails to follow these instructions then just tell him the latest system menu is unhackable so next time he does it, he'll lose it for good.

Bet you he pays attention after that, he just knows how easy it is to ring you and get you to sort it.

You don't need mates like this man, I've been there, they only ever want more!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows