A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"This has been up on Slickdeals for a while now but I think it's good to let ppl know so people don't end up paying when they don't have to.

basically, if you have access to MSDNAA (basically college students only and possibly alumni), Win7 Pro is probably out for you right now. Computer Science majors most definitely have access, while EECS majors most likely do, too! If you're majoring in somewhere no where close to these fields, like English or Philosophy or something, you're out of luck here.

Basically just search for your school then your department
http://www.msdnaa.net/search/schoolsearch.aspx
If your department is listed, then you have access. If you have trouble logging in, you're going to have to find out from your school (ie. find out who the msdnaa program admin is at your school) how to get access. (I personally had to email someone at my school requesting access. I then received an email from MSDNAA with my login and a generated password)

Turns out (this is for the engineering majors who may not qualify), if you join IEEE, you also get access to MSDNAA! And (this is for CS majors) if you join ACM, you get access as well

note: this is the full legit version, NOT beta or release candidate

So yeah, at the moment I'm running a legit Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. For free.

if you have questions, look through these
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.ph...7&t=1505441
(about IEEE): http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.ph...7&t=1505729 "

source: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessag...topic_id=100171

hm for myself, i emailed the guy at schulich (york) and currently awaiting response. lets hope it works
smile.gif

and yes, i know we can always pirate it, but if there's a chance to obtain the legit copy for free, why not?
enjoy.
smileipb2.png

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, that's how MS does it. They infiltrate the educational system so get everyone fixed on windows so they'll want it later. No suprise there.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
More like your a windows fanboy no really thats how it works though its all buisness
i'm not denying the market sense in such an approach, but my point is............
its free. i know many members of this forum are interested/impressed with windows 7. i'm merely providing them with a method of obtaining it. what's your problem?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Doesn't look like I can get it from my current school, but the one I'm applying for next year has it.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
on a related note, i just checked one of my warez forums, and the full version of windows 7 is available for dl as well
smile.gif

i'm gonna be dling till i know if i can obtain it legally or not.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, free Windows 7 for me. I'll download it, but will probably hold off on installing it until later. Really don't feel like reinstalling everything right now, kinda busy at the moment.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm so glad to be in college right now.
biggrin.gif
I'm getting hooked up with Win7 Pro within a week or two. For free. For life.
And DanTheManMS, from what I know, an "Upgrade" installation (provided you have a compatible upgradeable OS) will keep all your programs and whatnot installed. I could be wrong on that though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...