Hacking Games that still dont work

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have some problems with and old wii (about 1 year) too. i used different types od dvd-r and they dont work, after some trying out ive disacovered that you better burn your dvd at a faster speed (6 speed) then they work. its no bullshit...

Sahduk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wim6 said:
i have some problems with and old wii (about 1 year) too. i used different types od dvd-r and they dont work, after some trying out ive disacovered that you better burn your dvd at a faster speed (6 speed) then they work. its no bullshit...

I have done it many times and speed has never been the problem, i think its my original disk, im gonna look for house of the dead torrent or something im gonna try that.

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wim6 said:
Burning the game faster will not necessarily make it work as opposed to burning them slower. The only difference would typically be load times. Also, most DVD-R on the market are 'up to 16x' have a speed barrier that you can not burn slower than. Example is my Maxell DVD-R's. In every burner and every burning software I have tried there is a minimum speed of 4x. NERO is the worst about that. So to defeat that, many use IMGBurn which 'allows' you to burn at slower speeds like 1x, 2.4x, and 3x. Burn something though at those speeds, almost always it is burnt at closer to 5-6x because the discs don't really allow themselves to be burned at lesser speeds, or atleast mine does, so burning slower (3x) in my case is still the equivalent of 6x

slick1109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to revive an old topic but I have a similar problem. First of all, I have never had a problem with a wii backup untill this point. I only use Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R discs and burn at the slowest possible speed (I aim for 1X but 4X is usually the min). I am also using the softmod on my wii version 3.1u with a D2C chipset (NO modchip though, just backup launcher through Homebrew via the twilight hack). I have the newest cIOS rev7 with Gamma loader 0.3 and backup launcher. I am in the USA.

Here is my problem:

The House of the Dead Return (wii game) will not load. I end up with the "green screen" of death.

What I tried:

Downloaded ISO (i believe it was a USA NTSC converted to PAL) - Since I am in the USA I used regionfrii to covert it back to USA NTSC. Just to be safe I also used BrickBlocker.

I tried loading it with the gamma backup loader both with an without NTSC being forced.

Since this did not work, I downloaded the IOS patcher 1.1 and patched the .ISO to "249". I even confirmed this by reloading the patcher and it confirmed that the game was using "249".

I burned it again and got the exact same "green screen" problem. Neither discs loads at all, just goes directly to the green screen.

Of course, it is always possible that I got a bad .ISO file, although unlikely since it was from a reliable source that I have downloaded ISO files from before, it was the exact right size for a WII ISO, and regionfrii, brickblocker and IOS patcher all read it as a wii game and patched it accordingly.

ANY ideas are welcome.

-Slick

Madagasca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i haven't got a solution for you but i can confirm that hod 2 / 3 does work in the gamma loader.

if you've downloaded the iso then it maybe a bad iso - i'm on pal (uk) and i'm using an ntsc version (i think).

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jlg6184 said:
wim6 said:
Burning the game faster will not necessarily make it work as opposed to burning them slower. The only difference would typically be load times. Also, most DVD-R on the market are 'up to 16x' have a speed barrier that you can not burn slower than. Example is my Maxell DVD-R's. In every burner and every burning software I have tried there is a minimum speed of 4x. NERO is the worst about that. So to defeat that, many use IMGBurn which 'allows' you to burn at slower speeds like 1x, 2.4x, and 3x. Burn something though at those speeds, almost always it is burnt at closer to 5-6x because the discs don't really allow themselves to be burned at lesser speeds, or atleast mine does, so burning slower (3x) in my case is still the equivalent of 6x
Ok gotta clear up bad info.
Burning slower or faster can help depending on the media type and your burner. It will not affect load time in any way, only burns with alot of errors will affect this, which is why everyone on this forum that has been around will stress that you should always burn at an iso at each speed your burner supports starting at the fastest and working your way down, and do a pi po scan afterwords with dvdinfopro the speed with the highest quality (but anything over 85% is acceptable) is the speed you should use with your burner and media. This will ensure you always have the fewest read errors and random problems due to burning and know when you do encounter a problem you can cross your burn speed/media off the list as a possible cause of the problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme