RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
I don't talk about some of the games I play, but more because hardly anyone else plays them more than being ashamed of playing them myself. Not exactly worth talking about being stuck on my latest mission on RUSE when most of my gaming buddies only care about the next Prestige star.

I do tend to shut off when certain games are mentioned though. The worst offenders are:

- World of Warcraft/Runescape. The kid across the road from me discovered these and went from a good kid to a total hermit. Even on my 21st birthday, he dropped by for about 30 seconds, said happy birthday, then left a perfectly good party with perfectly good beer and perfectly good women to go play Runescape. There's being into your games and there's flat out having nothing else in your life, you know? Play them by all means. Hell, I was into FFXI for a while. But do try to remember that there are ways of interacting with your fellow man besides clicking on them.

- Hardcore COD players. I love Black Ops, I play it quite frequently. But I recognise it for what it is. A game. The number of prestige stars you've acquired is not a mark of any sort of talent or manliness, it's simply a way of measuring how much time you're willing to sink into a game while your social life dissolves around you. So please, don't go on about your rank. It's just sad. It's a game. What are you bragging about, really? Numbers. Same goes for all you hardcore achievement whores out there. You think it truly impresses anyone? Do you get laid more often if you have a high gamerscore? No. So shut up.

- The Sims, and other 'life simulators'. To me video games are all about escapism. A way to break out of the doldroms of reality for an hour or so and do something you could never do. Save the world, fight an invading zombie hoards, race a flying car around at supersonic speeds, etc. Why would I try to escape reality by playing something that endeavours to mimmick it perfectly? They remind me of Big Brother, in which we sit in a house, watching people sitting in a house. A task that could just as easily be achieved with a mirror and save us the time and expense.

- Sports games, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, and others. Basically the same as The Sims, I don't honestly see the point in playing a game that mimmicks something you could be doing for real. I'm not as badly against them as The Sims because to be fair we can't all be rockers or pro athletes even if we were to practise forever, but come on. What's more enjoyable? A game of FIFA, or playing real football with your friends at the park? To me it's always the latter, but to each their own.
It depends on HOW you play it, of course a lot of people love to do mundane things that mimic reality perfectly but...
Some play it because they love to build really complex houses and stuff like that, and that alone.
Others like to create a million sims but never actually play with them.
And then there's people who like to torture sims as a way of relief.
Also, I agree with your point about the sports games and all those Guitar Hero clones.
Finally, I don't enjoy any games privately. I mostly play JRPGs and people don't mock me for that, unlike what seems to happen to others.
unsure.gif

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had a game I was ashamed to admit playing except one I stumbled upon last week.

I was reading about it and the crazyness that people were arguing about on the game, so... I dl it and hmm I don't think I would play if anyone was around they would probably think I'm weird for doing so lol.

Rapelay

RPG_Lover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
I do tend to shut off when certain games are mentioned though. The worst offenders are:

- Sports games, Guitar Hero/Rock Band, and others. Basically the same as The Sims, I don't honestly see the point in playing a game that mimmicks something you could be doing for real. I'm not as badly against them as The Sims because to be fair we can't all be rockers or pro athletes even if we were to practise forever, but come on. What's more enjoyable? A game of FIFA, or playing real football with your friends at the park? To me it's always the latter, but to each their own.

I see your point, but with the sports games it's not always easy to either find enough people to play, or the weather doesn't cooperate. I enjoy GH/RB. I've found some new artists I like because of it. Although sometimes I think I'm the only one who liked GH1/2/'80s because they didn't use master tracks. To me it gives the songs a more personal touch - like I'm playing it in a cover band as opposed to being that artist.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh man here were i live only the fact that i play video games makes some dudes point fingers at me and say it "dude go get a life why u dont come out and have some drink".
and i say "man i have 25 years a job and a wife, you still live whit your mother,and i shoud get i life?"

so hey i only be ashamed of something if i was a criminal
oh and some games that only my wife can't find that i play is that kind of doki doki and this sora no otoshimono new

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Arras said:
Pokemon, I guess. But that's mainly because my friends my age think it's childish and stupid.
^ This. Pokémon is the only "game" (or saga, for that matter) that I'm ashamed of, I love it, but I think I'm slowly losing interest in it, though... And I hate when everyone is like: "Hey, have you finished Black Ops/Dead Space yet?" I don't even own a 360 or PS3, just a Wii and DSL. Luckily, people at my high school don't like MMORPGs (I don't either ^^).

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warren_303 said:
I never had a game I was ashamed to admit playing except one I stumbled upon last week.

I was reading about it and the crazyness that people were arguing about on the game, so... I dl it and hmm I don't think I would play if anyone was around they would probably think I'm weird for doing so lol.

Rapelay
Oh god that game......The one that actually got banned.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I don't have any IRL friends that are gamers, so I guess I play all games privately?

Though if someone asked me what are my favourite games and what do you play, I'll tell the truth since 9 out of 10 times they play CoD so their opinion on what games are good is mute.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sheaperd121 said:
Warren_303 said:

Rapelay
Oh god that game......The one that actually got banned.
Hey i didn't knew this kind of game exist i see the wiki page of this and sounds realy good

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Warren_303 said:

Rapelay

dude there no shame in playing that game i play it too s great ad fun
other games i recommend are Artificial girl 3 Sexy beach Zeo Blood roster there also 3D custom girl ect

here what i have in AG3

halibe10.jpg

Delicious halibel

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most of my friends are modern gamers, I have a few that like retro games and odd genres. One of my friends loves the SNES, another one loves the Genesis. The first one likes quirky Japanese games and stuff, but still really enjoys modern games. The second one usually is only a modern gamer, although he does like the NES. I usually play modern games, but I love the N64 (hint hint), a bunch of other retro consoles, and Japanese rhythm games.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ai Cho Aniki for the TG16CD. Just the fact that combining the controls of a street fighter game and a space SHMUP worked so well is enough reason to love it...so what if it's the gayest game ever made? It's still fun, and playing it doesn't really change the player or anything.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
Warren_303 said:

Rapelay

dude there no shame in playing that game i play it too s great ad fun
other games i recommend are Artificial girl 3 Sexy beach Zeo Blood roster there also 3D custom girl ect

here what i have in AG3

halibe10.jpg

Delicious halibel

Nice, I don't feel wrong for playing that game now lol

I'll check those others out sometime.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've finished Hello Kitty - Roller Rescue. Downloaded it for a friend's six year old daughter, and when I showed it to her, she didn't want to play, but kept asking me to keep playing it so she could watch. That session ended with me finishing the game, and I have to confess that I actually enjoyed playing it. It's really relaxing to play a slow paced, far too easy game now and then.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a gamer and I'm proud of everything I play. I have no shame in the things I enjoy.

If someone has a problem with that, I tell them to shove their thoughts right back up their ass.
(But no one ever does!^^)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1